How are the Yanks only 1 GB????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fancy-shamanski. Show fancy-shamanski's posts

How are the Yanks only 1 GB????

The yanks pretty bad this year.  There pitching is just simply terrible.  I don't understand how they can only be 1 GB, they look like a .500 team.
    Garcia is a joke, Burnett isn't good, they've had their pen decimated with injuries.  By all logic this team should go into a free fall.  They must be feasting on the dregs of the AL because they look pretty poor and I'm more worried about the rays than the yanks.  This is the year they crash and burn!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxNation4Ever. Show RedSoxNation4Ever's posts

Re: How are the Yanks only 1 GB????

They are one back because we got off to a bad start.  They have lots of trade chips, don't write them off too soon.  I wish we could, history says they wills tick around.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In Response to How are the Yanks only 1 GB????:
    The yanks pretty bad this year.  There pitching is just simply terrible.  I don't understand how they can only be 1 GB, they look like a .500 team. Garcia is a joke, Burnett isn't good, they've had their pen decimated with injuries.  By all logic this team should go into a free fall.  They must be feasting on the dregs of the AL because they look pretty poor and I'm more worried about the rays than the yanks.  This is the year they crash and burn!
    Posted by fancy-shamanski

Pitching is terrible??? 4th best ERA in AL top ERA for RP and if the staff had not blown 8 saves guess where they be

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

They're a game back because they're good. Don't buy into that nonsense that they're over the hill and will be out of contention by July 4. The pitching isn't great, but it's good enough. The every-day lineup includes at least two, and possibly four, future Hall of Famers.

Take the Sox from their schedule, and the Yanks are 32-19 (.627).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

the yankees are only 1 game back because they have a joke of a stadium that has allowed their offensive to win the majority of games for them. Their pitchers have performed way above expected so far (see colon and garcia) and they have had a pretty easy schedule. Just wait till their pitching comes back down to where it should be, they will slowly fade. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fancy-shamanski. Show fancy-shamanski's posts

No the yanks are not good.  Are you watching this team, if I were a yanks fan I'd be cr@pping my pants.  This team is terrible.  They are a .500 team and they will fall fast.

Don't throw stats at me, do you watch baseball or just follow stats? />???  Use your eyes, and my eyes tell me the yanks are an average team at best.  They are not good this year plain and simple!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StatsFromLouie. Show StatsFromLouie's posts

In Response to Re: How are the Yanks only 1 GB????:
    No the yanks are not good.  Are you watching this team, if I were a yanks fan I'd be cr@pping my pants.  This team is terrible.  They are a .500 team and they will fall fast. Don't throw stats at me, do you watch baseball or just follow stats? />???  Use your eyes, and my eyes tell me the yanks are an average team at best.  They are not good this year plain and simple!!!!

Kind of hard to use your eyes when you are blind.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fancy-shamanski. Show fancy-shamanski's posts

HAHAHA well my expert eyes tell me the yanks are going to get swept.  Your pathetic team can only beat the bottom of the barrel teams.  They can't hang with the big boys! 

People stats are definitely important, no doubt they are, but if you can't watch this team and realize they have some serious pitching problems and can't get good lineups out then whats wrong with you.

Just like, UZR sometimes you have to use your brain, I know some of you have a blank spot where you mind should be, but use your freakin eyes and recognize that theyanks are a poor team.  I'm not writing them off in june, and i'm not declaring victory or anything like that.  I am simply stating the yanks are not that good and will fall into the cellar very soon unless they make some major moves.

Who has a brain and who out the is just a stat robot that needs to be told what to think??? />? Can you think for youself or do you need to follow the leader and follow what some stat says???

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

EIn Response to Re: How are the Yanks only 1 GB????:
     They are one back because we got off to a bad start.  They have lots of trade chips, don't write them off too soon.  I wish we could, history says they wills tick around.
    Posted by RedSoxNation4Ever

Exactly.  Yanks blow, team batting under .250 and had the Sox not racked up the mother-of-all-bad-starts, they'd be 8 games ahead at this point.  NY has another shot now with a 10 game homestand while Boston is on the road beginning with a trip to dreaded Toronto.  Yanks are hoping someone else can do the heavy liftting for them because they simply do not match up with with the Sox.   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I also don't believe the Yankees are a good team. And whether or not people think they are, they still can't beat the Red Sox. So, even if we wind up in the playoffs together, it just means we're going to the World Series.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

It's dangerous to judge a team by watching them sporadically.
    The disparity in the A.L. East is not what it has been, which is why it'll be tough for any team to run away and hide.
    All teams have their flaws.
    It's a matter of match-ups and who exposes them.

I think NY is very credible, but I didn't pick them to be playoff bound this year.
    However, I do respect their deep pockets around July 31st.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

It's dangerous to judge a team by watching them sporadically.
    The disparity in the A.L. East is not what it has been, which is why it'll be tough for any team to run away and hide. All teams have their flaws.
    It's a matter of match-ups and who exposes them.

I think NY is very credible, but I didn't pick them to be playoff bound this year.
    However, I do respect their deep pockets around July 31st. -- Harness
    ------------------------------------------------

That's fine. But deep pockets and all, I think we got this one. The more this team gels together (and what could be better than another sweep of the Yankees), the more they all contribute. I really believe they are together now as a team, something that may have needed some time in April.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

I also don't believe the Yankees are a good team. And whether or not people think they are, they still can't beat the Red Sox. So, even if we wind up in the playoffs together, it just means we're going to the World Series.
    Posted by kimsaysthis

Neither is Oakland. We swept them but it was by no means a cake-walk. We should be way ahead the ALE right now, but we can't count Tampa or the Jays out either.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrgooch. Show mrgooch's posts

No the yanks are not good.  Are you watching this team, if I were a yanks fan I'd be cr@pping my pants.  This team is terrible.  They are a .500 team and they will fall fast. Don't throw stats at me, do you watch baseball or just follow stats? />???  Use your eyes, and my eyes tell me the yanks are an average team at best.  They are not good this year plain and simple!!!!

They are good enough to be only 2 games out.  Yes the Yankees have gotten swept by the Red Sox at home 2 times this year but they are still only 2 games out.  Plus their are 3 1/2 months to go.  

PS---This post smells like a smiley benni post :D

The Yankees are beating teams that they should be beating.  Lets see if the Red Sox can continue their winning ways against the "medicore" teams.

GO YANKEESS!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mazzpep. Show mazzpep's posts

HAHAHA well my expert eyes tell me the yanks are going to get swept.  Your pathetic team can only beat the bottom of the barrel teams.  They can't hang with the big boys!  People stats are definitely important, no doubt they are, but if you can't watch this team and realize they have some serious pitching problems and can't get good lineups out then whats wrong with you. Just like, UZR sometimes you have to use your brain, I know some of you have a blank spot where you mind should be, but use your freakin eyes and recognize that theyanks are a poor team.  I'm not writing them off in june, and i'm not declaring victory or anything like that.  I am simply stating the yanks are not that good and will fall into the cellar very soon unless they make some major moves. Who has a brain and who out the is just a stat robot that needs to be told what to think??? />? Can you think for youself or do you need to follow the leader and follow what some stat says???

I'll admit that you are right about the Yankees if you tell me that you have a MLB package that allows you to watch all their games as well as all the Red Sox games to make some kind of comparison. The only team that I watch around 95% of the at bats is my Red Sox. So, I am not qualified to say how good the Yankees are or aren't by just watching them lose against the Sox since I can't go by the numbers.

Sections
Shortcuts