How big of a loss is Bartolo Colon going to be for the Yanks?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

How big of a loss is Bartolo Colon going to be for the Yanks?

After an offseason that included a very shady shoulder surgery that I strongly believe clearly included some sort of performance enhancing drug, Colon has almost single handedly kept the Yankees rotation respectable.  His hamstring injury could prove to be devestating.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: How big of a loss is Bartolo (PED) Colon going to be for the Yanks?

Shoulder surgery and the use of stem cells. Not shady nor were PEDs included. Do not put stuff out there that is not factual

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

If hes out for any amount of time, yes its devestating..I think it was some kind of "stem-cell" thing SPC...but ya never know in the DR..I figured it was only a matter of time before he and garcia broke down anyway..no surprise really..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

There must have been some sort of PED involved in that.  There's no way that guy is doing this naturally I'm sorry.  From what I've heard, the doctor that did the proccedure is known for supplying HGH as well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: How big of a loss is Bartolo Colon going to be for the Yanks?

Gotta agree with Jim on being factual SPC...But like I said..Its the DR, so ya never know...

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Bill is a happy man today as it would seem on other posts also today.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Isn't MLB still looking into this surgery though?  I just can't see this being all natural hard work, I'm sorry.  Something isn't adding up with this.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

He has been pitching great as a starter for the Yankees and will be missed--a lot. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Every doctor and research scientist in the world will tell you there is no way stem cells had anything to do with Colon's recovery.  It doesn't work that way.  I am sure some doctor did that treatment on him, but reality is injecting stem cells does not heal you like that.  If it did, we would be saving dying people right now, not worrying about Colon's pitching career. 

I don't know how Colon got better, I assume he worked hard at things besides eating and he eventually healed.   But enough of this stem cell BS, that story is why he is being investigated in the first place.   It brings up the question what the doctor who treated him "really" did.    

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

This will hurt the Yanks no doubt. The mounting list of injuries is similar to what the Sox went through last season and we all remember that. As far as Colon using PED's, there is no proof so any accusations are just stupid, kind of like those who have accused Ortiz without any proof.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

In Response to Re: How big of a loss is Bartolo Colon going to be for the Yanks?:
    Every doctor and research scientist in the world will tell you there is no way stem cells had anything to do with Colon's recovery.  It doesn't work that way.  I am sure some doctor did that treatment on him, but reality is injecting stem cells does not heal you like that.  If it did, we would be saving dying people right now, not worrying about Colon's pitching career.  I don't know how Colon got better, I assume he worked hard at things besides eating and he eventually healed.   But enough of this stem cell BS, that story is why he is being investigated in the first place.   It brings up the question what the doctor who treated him "really" did.    
    Posted by soxmeister

Stem cells can be used to help a lot of people, they can be used to regrow damaged human tissue, the reason we don't research them has to do with the same debate that swirls around abortion. This is one area that the United States is behind in medically. Whether or not this doctor in the DR used them is beyond my knowledge, whether this type of procedure is currently possible is also beyond my comprehension, if with research a procedure like the one described would be possible I am sure of.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from REBEL. Show REBEL's posts

I GUESS "ACE"  POSADA WILL PITCH!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wolfpack13. Show Wolfpack13's posts

It is quite common for 300lb 100 year old pitchers to go from throwing in the low 80s to low 90 in a year. He got what he deserves. APB: Andy Pettite.

Side note: not sure what my favorite Yankee happening of the week was: Burnett getting shelled, Sloba done for the year or Swisher getting snipered on Lowrie's triple.

So hard to choose.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from drdinduluth. Show drdinduluth's posts

I hope it pushed them to be desperate and be forced to get fleeced in a trade.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Saw the injury play on ESPN highlights - didn't look all that serious to me.  Look's like a pulled/tweaked hammy.  Usually, tweaked hammys (except for JD's) heal in a reasonable amount of time, wouldn't count on him missing more than a couple of starts.  If it is more serious, the Yanks will need spot starts until they con (as usual) some dufus team into trading a great pitcher for a couple of baskets of baseballs (and taking salary off the team's hands).  Don't see this materializing for a few weeks, so they'll just have to do what every other team does in this situation - hope to get decent spot starts, call a kid up from the farm, and hope like heck the top 3 in the rotation do-the-do.  Face it, with that line-up, a guy with a 5.5 ERA has a chance to be a better-than-.500 pitcher.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: How big of a loss is Bartolo Colon going to be for the Yanks?:
    I hope it pushed them to be desperate and be forced to get fleeced in a trade.
    Posted by drdinduluth
    DRD, while i dispute the desperate part, i think it's pretty much a given that the trading team will attempt to hold the Yanks up in terms of return...just speaking for myself i prefer they bring a couple of guys up and plug them in...being that Hughes may be closer to returning..i have no doubt the chances of landing a frontline type will be slim.. if they have to trade, they should take their chances with an "innings" type guy.....though i think it's a certainty,i hope Colon can dodge a DL stint...as a Yank fan, i'm definitely not comfortable with the prospect of having to win 9 to 8 games every night... 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to How big of a loss is Bartolo Colon going to be for the Yanks?:
    After an offseason that included a very shady shoulder surgery that I strongly believe clearly included some sort of performance enhancing drug, Colon has almost single handedly kept the Yankees rotation respectable.  His hamstring injury could prove to be devestating. Thoughts?
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988

It was just a matter of time before the wheels fell off on the 37 year old Colon. Freddie Garcia is next.

If the Yankees wish to seriopusly contend, they must deal for a quality starter.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

The betting line in Vegas is that Kansas City gets back to the playoffs before the Yankees develop a starter.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

It will be a huge advantage to C.C. Sabathia.  More access to clubhouse snacks.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

It's funny how we can question Colon and Jose Bautista on this forum yet nobody brings up Big Papi who all of a sudden has regained his bat speed from 5 yrs ago.

And please don't say it's all about "protection" in the lineup

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sveltics. Show Sveltics's posts

It may be a blessing for Janquis Banditos. If this happens later in the year it would be more difficult to make a move. Now Los Yankeys can go out and buy someone....little good it will do them.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

Every doctor and research scientist in the world will tell you there is no way stem cells had anything to do with Colon's recovery.  It doesn't work that way.Posted by soxmeister

Are you a doctor?

I think it sounds reasonable.  Hell I'd do it myself if I could get my own arm back.  This is Dr. Purita's website -- the guy who did Bartolo.

http://www.stemcellorthopedic.com/index.html

http://www.stemcellorthopedic.com/conditions-treated/rotator-cuff.html

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

His personal Mule is very upset...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

In Response to Re: How big of a loss is Bartolo Colon going to be for the Yanks? : If Colon thought he was acting legitimately, why didn't he tell the Yankees about the procedure?  

Posted by slomag

Maybe you should ask him.

Sections
Shortcuts