How can anyone not like Dempster?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

How can anyone not like Dempster?

A night they neeted him to go deep he does. If it wasn't for Ciriaco he probably goes 8. This guy is truly earning his keep.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: How can anyone not like Dempster?

I guess if you hate the RS, then it would make sense to hate Dempster.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Dumpster is a career loser. Nice to see 7 IP and 4 runs, for this 13.25 million a year prima donna.

Nice comment from the BDC LOSER who calls himself Softylaw. Please find a Dumpster, fall in and stay a while. With any luck you'll land up in a landfill somewhere with the rest of the trash.

Hetch 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Dumpster is a career loser. Nice to see 7 IP and 4 runs, for this 13.25 million a year prima donna.

His ERA is 2.93. Did you expect more?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I didnt even expect that. Although I was one of the very few who like this signing, I expected more around the 4era. This is a pleasant surprise. Theres always one pitcher every year who seems to not get the run support. This year seems to be Dempster. He could easily have 4-5  wins right now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

It should have been 8 and 2 if it wasn't for Ciraco.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Why does anyone even respond to Softlaw2 stupid remarks. As long as people respond he will continue to add his dribble. Dempster has been everything and more RS could have asked so far this season. 7 IP 2 earned 2.93 era other than Buchholz pitching as well as anyone including Lester, but team just doesn't score for him. Have this feeling that Webster is going to pitch really well tonight! Doubie could be in pen for a while.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

I don't think I ever NOT LIKED a free agent pitching signing (DiceK??)...you can never have enough pitchers....shoot I even thought beckett's extention was an OK deal...but Dempster is a bulldog...Ben gets kudos for seeing that

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Only someone that feels they have to be right would not like Dempster. He's a very good pitcher, he's a veteran that knows how to set up batters. Seems to have a great attitude about things.

The first run was a gift--Double, questionnable Balk call--got Doumit  to 3 B and an infield single. Same inn. both WMB and Ross were injured. 

Would the game have been different if WMB had been in there for the unearned runs who knows. Diamond pitched a heck of a game for the Twins.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

Only someone that feels they have to be right would not like Dempster. He's a very good pitcher, he's a veteran that knows how to set up batters. Seems to have a great attitude about things.

The first run was a gift--Double, questionnable Balk call--got Doumit  to 3 B and an infield single. Same inn. both WMB and Ross were injured. 

Would the game have been different if WMB had been in there for the unearned runs who knows. Diamond pitched a heck of a game for the Twins.

Diamond shut down the Tigers lineup in his start before this one, so hes no slouch like some here are claiming.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

When I saw Diamond's ERA I thought the Sox would feast on that guy.  As it turned out he pitched a whale of a game. 

Why is it that when the opposition doesn't score it's because the Sox pitchers did a great job, but when the Sox don't score it's because those bozo's can't hit?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

The best thing about Dempster is that he has been lights out against AL East teams.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

So now that Softy can't point to Dempster's performance to criticize the guy he instead attacks him personally.  What a tool.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Dempster pitched a nice game last night,usually that would be good enough to get the win.Diamond pitched a heck of a game and the Twins got more timely hits.

I wasn't excited about Dempster's signing when it first happened.My mistake was judging him from the small sample size in the AL with Texas (12 starts,5.09 ERA) rather than his complete body of work.I also had concerns about his age.

Boy,was I wrong about him,at least up until now.He's far exceeded my expectations for him I'll happily admit.I hope he continues to prove me wrong with every outing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Is there a better "#3" in baseball right now?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Dempster is doing his job and then some. Great addition to the rotation.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Wasn't much of a fan when Dempster showed up, but I agree he has been a pretty solid #3 starter and way better than I expected.  After 7 starts, same as Buchholz and Lester, he is almost tied with Lester for second most innings pitched--43.2 vs. 43.0--and is second on the rotation in ERA with 2.93.  Well done, Ben C.  A lot of season still to go, but a very good start.