HOW CAN YOU HAVE ELLSBURY & CRAWFORD, AND NOT SCORE 1, 2, OR 3 RUNS A GAME????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

HOW CAN YOU HAVE ELLSBURY & CRAWFORD, AND NOT SCORE 1, 2, OR 3 RUNS A GAME????

ALL THAT SPEED AND IT IS NOT BEING USED !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: HOW CAN YOU HAVE ELLSBURY & CRAWFORD, AND NOT SCORE 1, 2, OR 3 RUNS A GAME????

Elles has been awesome all year... I didn't even know Crawford was on the team, thought he was still in Florida.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

Re: HOW CAN YOU HAVE ELLSBURY & CRAWFORD, AND NOT SCORE 1, 2, OR 3 RUNS A GAME????

well bill,

in the case of jd crawford, you can't steal 1st base.
    if the SOX didn't have CRAWFORD, they'd be a better team.

nice job again, theo the tool.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Who leads the AL in sacrifice hits?  Anyone?  Bueller?  Could it be KC?

Who leads the AL in steals?  Could it be KC?

I think the Red Sox offense should definitely immulate one of the worst teams in baseball.

The Red Sox lead the league in BA.  They should be able to score 1 run without having to manufacture a run.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Because of the mindset of Francona. He is not an aggresive manager, counting on the extra base hit to win games. There wer several times over the weekend where he had runners on 1st and 2nd with no outs, and would not sacrifice. He rarely puts on the hit and run, and hitters are geared toward OBP rather than run production.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Red Sox have been conservative on the bases for decades. One would think that oldtimer fans would be especially cognizant of this. The Red Sox strategy is dictated by Moneyball, Bill James, and the FO. Hasn't this subject been beaten into the ground in here over and over again. One would think that the answers would finally register in your brain but then again perhaps those who continue to rehash this are merely trolling.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In Response to Re: HOW CAN YOU HAVE ELLSBURY & CRAWFORD, AND NOT SCORE 1, 2, OR 3 RUNS A GAME????:
    Because of the mindset of Francona. He is not an aggresive manager, counting on the extra base hit to win games. There wer several times over the weekend where he had runners on 1st and 2nd with no outs, and would not sacrifice. He rarely puts on the hit and run, and hitters are geared toward OBP rather than run production.
    Posted by Alibiike

I agree with you - up to a point.  It's not the mindset of Francona, it's the game philosophy of the organization to not give up 1/3 of an offensive inning just to move runners 90'.  And that philosophy gets borne out by doing a cost/benefit analysis of the sacrifice.  This team plays by the numbers rather than on hunches.  (I'll never forgive Grady Little for his "hunch" BTW)

But I'm like you.  I think there's a time and a place for everything, and when you're in a game against a pitcher who's "got it" that day you need to be able to MANUFACTURE runs. 

The thing is....
    Were it not for an outstanding catch of Crawford's fly ball in the 9th the Sox would have WON that game 1-0.  Sometimes baseball is like that.  :-(

As an aside here, I wish the Sox had been playing the Y's yesterday.  There's NO WAY Granderson catches that ball! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

I agree with your question. I don't have an answer to it, but I agree.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

a head in ____  post

[QUOTE]Who leads the AL in sacrifice hits?  Anyone?  Bueller?  Could it be KC? Who leads the AL in steals?  Could it be KC? I think the Red Sox offense should definitely immulate one of the worst teams in baseball. The Red Sox lead the league in BA.  They should be able to score 1 run without having to manufacture a run.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

I think the Red Sox offense should definitely immulate one of the worst teams in baseball

both the yanks & rangers are way ahead of sox in SH & SB

bill has finally got  one right

who would have thought that with both ells & craw

the sox would be 9th in SB while the ''to old yanks ''

have been leading the AL most of the yr

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Come postseason, it's not gonna go down like that. THis conservative play is fine with the injury risks so I'll buy into that. Playoffs series? There's no room to not be aggressive.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Crawford never got on base yesterday.  Ellsbury got on once with a double and nobody (Pedroia) could drive him in. 

Four players went hitless:  Pedroia, Youkilis, Crawford, and Varitek.  The Sox scattered 7 hits over 11 innings, but couldn't put them together.  Thus 0 for 8 with RISP.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

In Response to Re: HOW CAN YOU HAVE ELLSBURY & CRAWFORD, AND NOT SCORE 1, 2, OR 3 RUNS A GAME????:
    Crawford never got on base yesterday.  Ellsbury got on once with a double and nobody (Pedroia) could drive him in.  Four players went hitless:  Pedroia, Youkilis, Crawford, and Varitek.  The Sox scattered 7 hits over 11 innings, but couldn't put them together.  Thus 0 for 8 with RISP.
    Posted by maxbialystock

It sounds like you watched the game while the doom and gloomers did not. Pinstripe is just here to compare Yank and Sox stats and do his troll act. He likes to revert the thread to a pizzin contest much like his troll tag team buddy Babe.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Just saying, the Sox have played conservative all year. Pedrioa is the only player that's been on par with past years. If teams expect the Sox to not turn it on in the post season or worse... think they don't have the weapons for it are going to be sorely mistaken. This is the fastest Red Sox team I've ever witnessed and they're not even trying yet. No doom and gloom here. Division would be nice, but this team is built for the post season.

I wish it got here already. I'm enduring the formality is all.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

In Response to Re: HOW CAN YOU HAVE ELLSBURY & CRAWFORD, AND NOT SCORE 1, 2, OR 3 RUNS A GAME???? : shut up, fool!
    Posted by --theYazzer--

Boss has his eye on you at work. First post at brown bag time. No more slacking all day long anymore?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

Pinstripe is just here to compare Yank and Sox stats and do his troll act. He likes to revert the thread to a pizzin contest much like his troll tag team buddy Babe.

come on pike,  try to keep up

I was  defending one poster who was

being ridiculed by a poster with his head up in is -___

while sticking on the thread topic

how's that trolling

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Granite2000. Show Granite2000's posts

Ellsbury doing great all season. Crawford, not so much. Or not at all, really.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

In Response to Re: HOW CAN YOU HAVE ELLSBURY & CRAWFORD, AND NOT SCORE 1, 2, OR 3 RUNS A GAME???? : hey your-aho, SOX aren't gonna make the playoffs. why don't you preheat your oven to 400 and then jump in. stay in the oven for about 1 hour. you'll be a much improved person when you get out.
    Posted by --theYazzer--

Wow! Put the Nazi Handbook away would ya'?! Surprised

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to HOW CAN YOU HAVE ELLSBURY & CRAWFORD, AND NOT SCORE 1, 2, OR 3 RUNS A GAME????:
    Posted by Bill-806

Crawford has to get on base first, ya know

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to HOW CAN YOU HAVE ELLSBURY & CRAWFORD, AND NOT SCORE 1, 2, OR 3 RUNS A GAME????:
    Posted by Bill-806

Did Dad say that, too?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Posted by Bill-806

Why, did they find a bunch of greenies in the clubhouse leftover from '83?  I wouldn't touch that stuff either.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to HOW CAN YOU HAVE ELLSBURY & CRAWFORD, AND NOT SCORE 1, 2, OR 3 RUNS A GAME???? : Why, did they find a bunch of greenies in the clubhouse leftover from '83?  I wouldn't touch that stuff either.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus
      IT'S CALLED.... "KEEP THE LINE MOVING" !!!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts