How can you not like the direction that this team is going right now?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

How can you not like the direction that this team is going right now?

There are really a lot of positives to look at here.  Meanwhile, there's a team in New York with an awful rotation and a lineup that isn't elite anymore.

If Buchholz is starting to figure things out, the Sox arguably have one of the best rotations in the league.  Sure Lester and Beckett have struggled on and off this season, but 3-5 in the rotation (assuming Buchholz has put his slow start behind him) is one of the better back ends.

The bullpen has been a pleasant surprise and there's still room to improve there once Bailey is back and healthy.  I'm not even sure that Bailey deserves the closers role upon his return.

Ortiz is having an MVP-caliber season (granted Josh Hamilton has already run away with the award).  Middlebrooks is a healthier Kevin Youkilis.  Aviles has been nothing but an upgrade at short.  Pedroia has gotten off to a slow start but he's a natural and is due to heat up.  Salty has emerged as the best catcher in the AL. A-Gon has been a disappointment but he's still producing.

The OF has really picked up the slack while Ellsbury and Crawford have been out.  I'm not sure what they're going to do when/if everyone gets healthy.  Nava seems to be earning a spot.  Sweeney has been great.  Podsednik has already made a solid impact.  Ross is the power guy.  Alot to work with here.

Alot to like with this team right now.  Then you have the NYY with Nova (who their fans think is amazing but he's actually awful) and Hughes both stinking out the joint.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Re: How can you not like the direction that this team is going right now?

In Response to Re: How can you not like the direction that this team is going right now?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How can you not like the direction that this team is going right now? : It is called " Kool Aid " , and it has been known to be lethal. Don't drink it.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]
    Lol !  I wish I can be as positive as some on here, but the more they lose the more it burns my a*s ! My wife thinks I need help. Maybe I should drink the Kool Aid ! Lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmileybeniTheFool. Show SmileybeniTheFool's posts

Re: How can you not like the direction that this team is going right now?

In Response to; How can you not like the direction that this team is going right now?:
    [QUOTE]There are really a lot of positives to look at here.  Meanwhile, there's a team in New York with an awful rotation and a lineup that isn't elite anymore. If Buchholz is starting to figure things out, the Sox arguably have one of the best rotations in the league.  Sure Lester and Beckett have struggled on and off this season, but 3-5 in the rotation (assuming Buchholz has put his slow start behind him) is one of the better back ends. The bullpen has been a pleasant surprise and there's still room to improve there once Bailey is back and healthy.  I'm not even sure that Bailey deserves the closers role upon his return. Ortiz is having an MVP-caliber season (granted Josh Hamilton has already run away with the award).  Middlebrooks is a healthier Kevin Youkilis.  Aviles has been nothing but an upgrade at short.  Pedroia has gotten off to a slow start but he's a natural and is due to heat up.  Salty has emerged as the best catcher in the AL. A-Gon has been a disappointment but he's still producing. The OF has really picked up the slack while Ellsbury and Crawford have been out.  I'm not sure what they're going to do when/if everyone gets healthy.  Nava seems to be earning a spot.  Sweeney has been great.  Podsednik has already made a solid impact.  Ross is the power guy.  Alot to work with here. Alot to like with this team right now.  Then you have the NYY with Nova (who their fans think is amazing but he's actually awful) and Hughes both stinking out the joint.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]