How did this happen?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

How did this happen?

The Rays are back to .500 and are 8-2 in their last 10. Granted, their only problem was hitting but we have a heck of a lot better team than they.
    Certainly if the lowly Rays can scratch their way back to even, there has to be hope.
    Someone in the organization needs to fire this team up and I mean in a hurry.
    They were fortunate to not get swept in oakland and now we face a red-hot Angels team, who have taken over the top spot in the West.
    Anything less than a sweep is unacceptable!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConcernTroll. Show ConcernTroll's posts

Re: How did this happen?

I watched yesterdays game and it appeared that the best team won the game. Why do you call them "fortunate"?

What makes you think that this team "isn't fired up"? Do you socialize with them, sit in the dugout, sit in the hotel lobbies, ride the charter flights with them?

You sound like a CONCERN TROLL.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to How did this happen?:
    [QUOTE]The Rays are back to .500 and are 8-2 in their last 10. Granted, their only problem was hitting but we have a heck of a lot better team than they. Certainly if the lowly Rays can scratch their way back to even, there has to be hope. Someone in the organization needs to fire this team up and I mean in a hurry. They were fortunate to not get swept in oakland and now we face a red-hot Angels team, who have taken over the top spot in the West. Anything less than a sweep is unacceptable!
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]
     I think the sweep demand is a little arbitrary.  2 out 3 would be just fine.  Keep winning series.  If the club actually thought like that, I guarantee they would be in a deeper hole by May.  They are starting to play good ball, bats have woken up a little (even without Crawford and Gonzo) and the rotation seems to be stabilizing nicely.  I don't see the fortunate-to-not-get-swept-in-Oakland thing.  Yes, the A's had their opportunities to get back in the game yesterday.  But, they didn't do it.  Thats baseball.  We've lost a few like that this year as well.  People act like the Sox are the only team that leaves a bunch of guys on base.  but, in fact, everyone does it.  Thats baseball.  If they take 2 of 3 from the Angels, i take that as a sign that things are headed in the right direction.The fact that the Rays just ran off an 8-2 stretch doesn't reflect on the Sox in my eyes.  The Rays are not lowly.  Yes, they lost a lot of people in the off-season, but they still have a good nucleus, some great young players, and a great manager.  I am not surprised by their success.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

It's a 4 game series with the Angels and 3 out 4 would be great. The goal right now is to win every series. It is still April and time is the RS friend if they do that. The sweeps and winning streaks will come. Just winning every series right now is the key.

And splitting in Oakland given who the two pitchers they faced were, not only premier pitchers but LH given this team's abundance of LH hitters is no shame.

Time to chill just a bit. In the last 5 games the RS starters have given up 1 or fewer runs in their starts. That will get it done.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Re: How did this happen?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to How did this happen? :  I think the sweep demand is a little arbitrary.  2 out 3 would be just fine.  Keep winning series.  If the club actually thought like that, I guarantee they would be in a deeper hole by May.  They are starting to play good ball, bats have woken up a little (even without Crawford and Gonzo) and the rotation seems to be stabilizing nicely.  I don't see the fortunate-to-not-get-swept-in-Oakland thing.  Yes, the A's had their opportunities to get back in the game yesterday.  But, they didn't do it.  Thats baseball.  We've lost a few like that this year as well.  People act like the Sox are the only team that leaves a bunch of guys on base.  but, in fact, everyone does it.  Thats baseball.  If they take 2 of 3 from the Angels, i take that as a sign that things are headed in the right direction.The fact that the Rays just ran off an 8-2 stretch doesn't reflect on the Sox in my eyes.  The Rays are not lowly.  Yes, they lost a lot of people in the off-season, but they still have a good nucleus, some great young players, and a great manager.  I am not surprised by their success.  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

They play LAA 4 times. But you know what, you're right, we shouldn't expect them to run off 8 straight like Cleveland did. Let's just let the chips fall where they may. No reason to have a sense of urgency after all, it's only April and there's a lot of baseball to be played.
    A split in anaheim wouldn't be so bad.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: How did this happen?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How did this happen? : They play LAA 4 times. But you know what, you're right, we shouldn't expect them to run off 8 straight like Cleveland did. Let's just let the chips fall where they may. No reason to have a sense of urgency after all, it's only April and there's a lot of baseball to be played. A split in anaheim wouldn't be so bad.

No, a split wouldnt be sad, but 3 of 4 would go a long way to making everyone feel better about the whole situation, even myself, and I have a slow fuse when it comes to baseball panic.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

How did this happen? The Rays are playing good baseball. End of story.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConcernTroll. Show ConcernTroll's posts

I looked up "Short fuse" in the urban dictionary and behold, there was a picture of our very own Andrewmitch next to the definition.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

This sums it up Terry Comastein

In Response to How did this happen?:
    [QUOTE]The Rays are back to .500 and are 8-2 in their last 10. Granted, their only problem was hitting but we have a heck of a lot better team than they. Certainly if the lowly Rays can scratch their way back to even, there has to be hope. Someone in the organization needs to fire this team up and I mean in a hurry. They were fortunate to not get swept in oakland and now we face a red-hot Angels team, who have taken over the top spot in the West. Anything less than a sweep is unacceptable!

Sections
Shortcuts