how does Lack throw that pitch for the HR? Nice to see him FINALLY channel his inner LESTER!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: how does Lack throw that pitch for the HR? Nice to see him FINALLY channel his inner LESTER!

Proud of John Lackey man....he took his offseason seriously and came to play. I could not have been more wrong about him and happier for him. 

You are right - if Buch can finish his comeback the four man rotation looks good heading into the playoffs....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Re: how does Lack throw that pitch for the HR? Nice to see him FINALLY channel his inner LESTER!

lackey has taught this hater a lesson this season........

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

lackey has taught this hater a lesson this season........

well slash, I totally respect you for coming out and publicly admitting you were wrong about Lack. now let me get back to looking at your avatar better.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

He has been a strike throwing machine all year long put himself ahead of count.  Key to his success.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I wasnt a fan of the signing. I still think it was way too much for a guy whos numbers were trending down and had a bad wing. I never really took it out on him and figured him to be a 14-10 type pitcher, which he was. Have to give him credit for trying to pitch through it. I can only imagine how frustrated he was.

Im really hoping he can keep the success going into next year at his age. I believe with the TJS, he was given a couple extra years to his career. There was never denying he was a bulldog on the mound and one of the most competetive pitchers out there. Good to see him back to his early LAA days. Hes been a blessing to this rotation this year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

I too, like many others, am happy to see Lackey's success and the stellar year he's having.  He was pitching so brilliantly last night; but it's very difficult to execute every pitch perfectly.  And the 2-strike pitch that Jones hit for a dinger is a pitch that Lackey would unquestionably like back.  It just didn't come out of his hand as intended, and ended up a hanging breaking ball in Jones's wheel house that, as we all witnessed, landed in the parking area next to the freeway. 

But, I suppose in some ways for a pitcher, it's better to have an opposing batter break up a seventh-inning no-hitter by crushing a mistake pitch than for an opposing batter to hit a good pitch for a bloop single or dribble a ground ball through the infield.  (I do, however, question his or Salty's pitch selection with a 1-2 count on a batter who on his two previous at-bats was unable to handle the high fast ball.)  But give Lackey his due.  After giving up the homer, he gathered himself like a true veteran, and pitched remarkably well the rest of the game for a well-deserved 2-hit complete game.  And don't-cha know, bullpens love this type of warrior-performance from a starter.

Now bring on those Jays, the Sox are about to go on a feeding-frenzy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Lackey was never the pitcher he showed with the injury........look at his history prior to signing with the Sox.....always a steady 3.00 + ERA. The injury affected him greatly. He is a solid pitcher.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Hearing the crowd chanting Lack-ey Lack-ey last night was one of the more moving sports moments I have felt in a long time.  Talk about turning it all around.  From most-reviled to heart-of-this-team.  Thats pretty amazing and pretty inspiring.  He simply refused to accept his physical obstacles and his fate as Fat Cat #1.  If anyone symbolizes this hard-to-believe worst to first story, its Lack.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to LionSean's comment:

If you'd a told me a year ago Lackey would be the ace of the staff I'd have said you were off your rocker. Thats an opinion I'm happy to swallow.

I think most everyone would agree with you, I know I do.  I didn't think much of lackey but I give the guy a lot of credit.  He turned things around in a big way and I'm sure it wasn't easy to do.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Just an amazing game last night, very clutch, denying the Orioles sweep while going 9 innings and saving the bullpen.  I watched most of the game and thought he was very much on target and worked quickly.  I think Lester is the ace right now, but will not argue with anyone who claims Lackey--or Buchholz for that matter.  And Peavy ain't far behind. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

the taste of crow down the stretch.  lip-smacking good. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

CLOWN

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I for one believed he was hurt even before it came out. You do not go from what he was to what he was the first two years. It was obvious and I tried to point that out but every one thought I was crazy.

LOVE my  Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year. 

Sections
Shortcuts