How does the Yankees Pitching shape up for 2012?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

How does the Yankees Pitching shape up for 2012?

Starting Staff:  

CC Sabathia will be the most intriguing and potentially the most significant player for the Yankees to deal with. He can and should opt out of his current contract for a bigger payday - and there is only one team who can pay him more.

Freddie Garcia is a free agent and might still be able to fill the #5 role in an upgraded staff or perhaps maybe hold the #4 spot on a weaker one.

Barton Colon is a free agent and should be a no brainier for departure.

AJ Burnett and Ivan Nova are signed, though Burnett might be bought out? He is signed through 2013 so it would not be cheap.

Rafeal Soriano can also opt out but my guess is after a poor 2011 he stays put, and perhaps to the ire of the Yankee FO. His money is guaranteed.

Phil Hughes and Joba "the hut" Chamberlain are both arbitration eligible. 

Mo Rivera will be back lest he finally wants to stretch out in that silk hammock overlooking a crystal blue Caribbean.  

I cannot get into the bullpen but I see the starting rotation as:

1) Sabathia
    2) Free agent or trade, either way a BIG name.
    3) Hughes
    4) Nova
    5) Garcia

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Re: How does the Yankees Pitching shape up for 2012?

In Response to How does the Yankees Pitching shape up for 2012?:
    Starting Staff:   CC Sabathia will be the most intriguing and potentially the most significant player for the Yankees to deal with. He can and should opt out of his current contract for a bigger payday - and there is only one team who can pay him more. Freddie Garcia is a free agent and might still be able to fill the #5 role in an upgraded staff or perhaps maybe hold the #4 spot on a weaker one. Barton Colon is a free agent and should be a no brainier for departure. AJ Burnett and Ivan Nova are signed, though Burnett might be bought out? He is signed through 2013 so it would not be cheap. Rafeal Soriano can also opt out but my guess is after a poor 2011 he stays put, and perhaps to the ire of the Yankee FO. His money is guaranteed. Phil Hughes and Joba "the hut" Chamberlain are both arbitration eligible.  Mo Rivera will be back lest he finally wants to stretch out in that silk hammock overlooking a crystal blue Caribbean.   I cannot get into the bullpen but I see the starting rotation as: 1) Sabathia 2) Free agent or trade, either way a BIG name. 3) Hughes 4) Nova 5) Garcia
    Posted by BurritoT

Who cares .?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

In Response to Re: How does the Yankees Pitching shape up for 2012?:
    In Response to How does the Yankees Pitching shape up for 2012? : Who cares .?
    Posted by donrd4

well stated; and i agree 100%!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SleeStack1. Show SleeStack1's posts

In Response to How does the Yankees Pitching shape up for 2012? : Who cares .?
    Posted by donrd4

+2

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Something tells me that CC gets a small raise, adds another couple of years, and heads to the Angels or Giants..........it would leave the yankee rotation completely and totally devastated

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Something tells me that CC gets a small raise, adds another couple of years, and heads to the Angels or Giants..........it would leave the yankee rotation completely and totally devastated
    Posted by andrewmitch
    though i could be wrong, i seriously doubt either of those teams would pay Sabathia above his current contract...especially the Giants.. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tropical-Nation. Show Tropical-Nation's posts

Depends mightaly on how they finish this year......an early exit, ( even, can we hope, a blown out early exit) the pressure on the front office will be immense to 'pay and price, bear any burden' and empty the farm for a King Felix / Matt Gazra level pitcher

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from frankn. Show frankn's posts

They will sign CC and Cashman will stabilize the rotation with either a name free agent or from within their system.  I'll give the pipsqueak credit he won't ruin their farm system.  Believing  the Yankees will suddenly collapse next year is like believing a lawyer can get into heaven.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

In Response to Re: How does the Yankees Pitching shape up for 2012? : +2
    Posted by SleeStack1

Ditto

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from small-package. Show small-package's posts

cj wilson likely to be in ny next year

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In Response to Re: How does the Yankees Pitching shape up for 2012? : though i could be wrong, i seriously doubt either of those teams would pay Sabathia above his current contract...especially the Giants.. 
    Posted by jete02fan

Exactly.  Why would the Gigantes be needing another high salaried pitcher when their offense is on par with the Pads and Mariners.  They need hitting!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

yazzer you seem to be a Yankee fan, surely you could ad something more than what you have above.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Cashman goes to the Cubbies, CC signs with them and brings long awaited WS to Chi town.  Hey, andrew, I can wish too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

well whoever signs CC won't be as lucky as his first contract

yankees got more than their money's worth

but his next contract will be more money and even cc can't continue to pitch as well as he had for the past 3 years - no matter how you slice it it won't be as good a contract for the team who gets him next

as far as keeping the farm in tact?  for what?  they have veterns locked up around the diamond for many more years....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]well whoever signs CC won't be as lucky as his first contract yankees got more than their money's worth but his next contract will be more money and even cc can't continue to pitch as well as he had for the past 3 years - no matter how you slice it it won't be as good a contract for the team who gets him next as far as keeping the farm in tact?  for what?  they have veterns locked up around the diamond for many more years....
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

as keeping the farm in tact? for what? they have veterns locked up around the diamond for many more years....

the yankee farm is mostly about pitching

which also happens to be the thread topic

SWB in a double dip with Pawtucket tonight

Manny B pitched for SWB in game 1....SWB won 3-0

Manny B went 7 innings....gave up one hit, 2 walks, 6k's.

Montero went 2-2 with a walk and a HR

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

CJ Wilson is probably the greatest threat.  He has always pitched well against the Sox, and the Yankees need another lefty in the rotation.  CC will be back but will re-negotiate for a fatter (no pun intended) deal with more years, which will eventually hurt the Yankees, but not next season.  Nova has looked pretty good - he may be a legit #3 by the end of next season.  

As always, the Yankees prospects were a bust, with probably every single BA top 100 prospect's stock falling (maybe Banuelos tread water).  Montero is finishing the season strong, though, and may help the team as a September callup. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Cashman goes to the Cubbies, CC signs with them and brings long awaited WS to Chi town.  Hey, andrew, I can wish too.
    Posted by parhunter1

If Cashman or Theo did join Chicago they would have a good chance of winning the World Series in the next few years.   It is definitely possible that this could happen. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

SWB in a double dip with Pawtucket tonight

Manny B pitched for SWB in game 1....SWB won 3-0

Manny B went 7 innings....gave up one hit, 2 walks, 6k's

Montero went 2-2 with a walk and a HR

Lavarnway hit a 2 run HR to win second game. 2-0
    Posted by bobbysux

Happy birthday, Slendid Splinter
    Permalink|Comments (2) Posted by Peter Abraham, Globe Staff August 30, 2011 11:57 AM
    By Peter Abraham, Globe Staff

Today is the birthday of the late, great Ted Williams. He was born in 1918 in San Diego and went on to become the greatest hitter who ever lived.

Gaze in wonder at the man's statistics over 19 seasons. He hit .344 with a .482 OBP and a .634 slugging percentage.

Williams went to the plate 9,791 times in his career and struck out only 709 times.

As legend has it, a rookie pitcher once threw a pitch down the middle that was called a ball. When he complained, the umpire told him he'll know it's a strike if Ted swings at it.

Joe DiMaggio had a 56-game hitting streak from May 15 to July 16, 1941. It's a record that will probably never be broken. DiMaggio hit .408 with a 1.180 OPS during his streak.

Williams hit .412 with a 1.224 OPS from May 15 to July 16, 1941. He hit .406/.553/.735 that season.

That's how great Ted Williams was.

It seems kind of neat the Sox are playing the Yankees today. Maybe one of the Red Sox will hit a ball deep into the right field bleachers and it will give an old man a good excuse to tell his grandson that Teddy Ballgame used to hit 'em a lot deeper than that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Lets see they'll have 5 or 6 guys in their rotation...7 guys in their pen and a host of good prosepcts in the minors and will once again field a team capable of winning 95 games that's what 250M in payroll buys...

I say let's enjoy the rest of 2011 before we start the hot stove chatter for 2012...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Yup

They'll have Brien Talyor and Ian Kennedy waiting in the wings LMAO! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

Yup They'll have Brien Talyor and Ian Kennedy waiting in the wings LMAO! 
    Posted by andrewmitch

OMG did he really say kennedy

that's even dumber than yesterday's post

Sections
Shortcuts