How Fitting

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Re: How Fitting

I can't beleive someone was disrespecting Pap for last night.  The guy had 4 blown saves the entire season.  Anyone with any knowledge of baseabll could clearly see that he was on fumes last night. 

The guy threw 75 pitches in 4 days.  He had 3 blown saves in the entire year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3992292. Show user_3992292's posts

You re right that Papelbon have nothing to do with this colapse!!!!  People kept forgetting that awful starting rotation and injuries were the main reason on why they choked!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfanmoncton. Show redsoxfanmoncton's posts

funny how minutes before his final meltdown , there was a video of an interview after Tuesday nights game where Papelbon, laughed and said he was having FUN out there, a mere 24 hours later, he does the interview and "asks the reporter HOW DO YOU THINK I FEEL" and then just stares Homer Simpson like searching for something smart to say, but i think he said enough on the mound.

oh yes with a little, very little help from Tampa's 10th fielder Crawford

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrgooch. Show mrgooch's posts

In Response to Re: How Fitting:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How Fitting : Sorry, not buying that. If you are really trying to win the game, you use all your players, some completely gratuitously, like Burnett, precisely so that when the flood gates do start to open, you can shut them!! If Girardi comes out and says, I was doing what was best for our team, not trying to win the game, then I will buy that, but don't pretend he was managing to make sure he won.
    Posted by pschuller[/QUOTE]

LOL...It shouldn't have mattered what the Yankees did.  I highly doubt the handed the game over to the Rays to spite the Red Sox.  If the Red Sox have handled their buisiness and won 2 more games in September, they wouldn't have to worry about what the Yanks were doing.  The Red Sox had their destiny in their own hands and litterally blew it.

Plus Ortiz could have added more insurance runs in the 9th but hit a little dribbler in front of Wieters who made a smart heads up play and fired to 2nd to keep the double play in tact.  That was a big play in my mind.  Going into the 9th with a 2 run lead is a lot better than just 1.

GO YANKEES!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from whose_calling. Show whose_calling's posts

'How fitting', you ask?

Choke* Choke* Choke* Choke* Choke* Choke* Choke* Choke*

* Unless Videotaped
    (might want to ask the cheater BB for some help with this)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

[QUOTE]Please don't blame the Yankees -- give some credit to the Rays for actually wanting this.
    Posted by Ergoetal[/QUOTE]

Not entirely true.  They only went 17-10 in Sept.  Hardly scorching.  Again, if the Red Sox even play .500, this is over 2 weeks ago

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChifferBrane. Show ChifferBrane's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How Fitting : Not entirely true.  They only went 17-10 in Sept.  Hardly scorching.  Again, if the Red Sox even play .500, this is over 2 weeks ago
    Posted by KRomine[/QUOTE]

If the NYY played .500 ball vs the RS over the year, the RS wouldn't even have been part of the conversation for the last three weeks...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from majormathew. Show majormathew's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How Fitting : Read your post again. Missed this the first time. "Girardi owed Boston nothing." True, but he owes the integrity of the game everything. (And as for your comment on Paps, my big problem with him is that when he gets into the really high pressure situations, he throws nothing but fastballs, and pretty hitable ones at that.)
    Posted by pschuller[/QUOTE]

integrity of the game? Ok man ur taking this a little to far.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How Fitting : integrity of the game? Ok man ur taking this a little to far.
    Posted by majormathew[/QUOTE]

Agreed