How good or bad will Beckett be tonite???

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: How good or bad will Beckett be tonite???

That's nonsense.  His priority is baseball for the same reason it's every other player's priority.  It's a great game they get paid to play, and they get to play it at the highest level.  Absolutely irresistable.  Beckett can be emotional, stubborn, whatever, but his priority is baseball. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I think Beckett will be excellent today.

Cool

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I predict he will throw 7 innings of shutout ball and strike out 9....I"m purely speculating at this point.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: How good or bad will Beckett be tonite???:
    I predict he will throw 7 innings of shutout ball and strike out 9....I"m purely speculating at this point.
    Posted by dannycater

with a 3 to 1 strike/ball ratio

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Posted by dannycater

I just hope the offense can score the obligatory 5 runs needed to get wins.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

LOL, bald

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I think you will find a recent article in which he said baseball was not and the article mentioned he has a wife and new baby.

I have a confession to make.  My wife and kids are my priority.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WilcyMoore. Show WilcyMoore's posts

Beckett predictably had an outstanding start today at home against a weak offensive team.  If you need a guy to come up big against teams like the Mariners, Astros, Royal and Twins, he's the man.  If you need a guy, however, to come up big against teams like the Rangers (4.88 career ERA), the Cards
    (5.11), the Indians (5.25), Yankees (5.36) and the Jays (6.30), he's not exactly what one would call a lock.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Beckett predictably had an outstanding start today at home against a weak offensive team.  If you need a guy to come up big against teams like the Mariners, Astros, Royal and Twins, he's the man.  If you need a guy, however, to come up big against teams like the Rangers (4.88 career ERA), the Cards (5.11), the Indians (5.25), Yankees (5.36) and the Jays (6.30), he's not exactly what one would call a lock.
    Posted by WilcyMoore

Last year he was 4-0 against the Yankees with a 1.85 ERA and a .94 WHIP.  He was 2-0 against the Rays with a 0.78 ERA and a .44 WHIP.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Credit where it is due : Beckett did a fine job today. Also , good move by Bobby to get him out after seven and let him end on a positive note.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "Re: How good or bad will Beckett be tonite???":
    Beckett predictably had an outstanding start today at home against a weak offensive team.  If you need a guy to come up big against teams like the Mariners, Astros, Royal and Twins, he's the man.  If you need a guy, however, to come up big against teams like the Rangers (4.88 career ERA), the Cards (5.11), the Indians (5.25), Yankees (5.36) and the Jays (6.30), he's not exactly what one would call a lock. Posted by WilcyMoore
    Beckett's been the ace of two World Series winning teams and, as someone mentioned, dominated the Yanks and Rays last year...seriously?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: How good or bad will Beckett be tonite??? : Last year he was 4-0 against the Yankees with a 1.85 ERA and a .94 WHIP.  He was 2-0 against the Rays with a 0.78 ERA and a .44 WHIP.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

Of course what he also doesn't mention is that Beckett is 14-7 in his career against the Yankees, which could tell you that the high ERA might be distorted by some very bad outings but overall he's beating them.

And Beckett is 10-4 with a 2.84 ERA against the Rays.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I was actually wrong. I thought it would take 2 gems in a row to get Beckett back on the good side with Sox Nation. It took one. Goes to show you just how the Trade The Cancer Chowder Society works.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

I was actually wrong. I thought it would take 2 gems in a row to get Beckett back on the good side with Sox Nation. It took one. Goes to show you just how the Trade The Cancer Chowder Society works.
    Posted by dannycater

I've been sticking up for Beckett for the last two years.... He's always been on my good side. I guess some people don't realize how good his stuff actually is.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

You mean Beckett cares more about his baby than a kid's game played for mass entertainment?!!  Outrageous!!!
    Posted by bellhorn_

Of course he does. Any human being would.  But I would not call it a kid's game played for mass entertainment. It is more than that. It is his livelihood . Of course family comes first , but your career is not to be taken lightly.

Sections
Shortcuts