How Hamilton can end up in Boston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from scauma09. Show scauma09's posts

How Hamilton can end up in Boston

If Texas is able to wrestle away Upton, they're out on Hamilton. That leaves only Seattle, unless LA strikes again of course, and no telling if he'd want to play there. So watch Texas to see what happens. Three years feels right for him. A great offense, good bullpen, can make up for some deficiencies in the rotation. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: How Hamilton can end up in Boston

there are 3 other hamilton threads on the front page..... couldn't you have posted in one of those?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scauma09. Show scauma09's posts

Yea probably. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scauma09. Show scauma09's posts

Feel like most threads veer off topic and I usually don't read through them. I know that's like a message board sin, but it's not my fault. There use to be really great conversatiere around here. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

there are 3 other hamilton threads on the front page..... couldn't you have posted in one of those?

Give the guy a break, he is a rookie !!!   However, there are far too many P C people that want to "manage" the skills of all the posters...... Back off please !!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In response to scauma09's comment:

If Texas is able to wrestle away Upton, they're out on Hamilton. That leaves only Seattle, unless LA strikes again of course, and no telling if he'd want to play there. So watch Texas to see what happens. Three years feels right for him. A great offense, good bullpen, can make up for some deficiencies in the rotation. 

There are other teams that could get in on Hamilton if Texas backs off...how about the Yankees for instance?? or Baltimore?

The only thing keeping Hamilton from being signed by someone is the length of the deals he's been offered. If 3 years is the max teams will want to invest in him than expect a lot of other teams to get in on the bidding.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 808soxfan. Show 808soxfan's posts

I posted this in another thread, but I agree that if Boston wants Hamilton, then they better be prepared to go more than 3 years. For 3 years, he will stay close to home in Texas.

So this thread says "HOW". Not to hijack it, but I would like to see what people are willing to give in contract terms. Here is my offer from another thread:

Would you offer him  a base  of 4/80 plus incentives and 2 vesting options?

Incentives:

+$2M for 40 HR

+$2M for 550 AB

+$2M for 120 RBI

Essentially, if he is on the field and producing like Josh, his pay goes up to $26M.

Vesting options automatically kick in if in the last year of the contract Josh gets

>500 AB

> 100 RBI

and >32 HR or >890 OPS

Otherwise, remaining two years are option years for the Sox to decide. If he is at the 4th year of his contract and still hitting like Josh-2012, then I wouldn't have a problem going year-to-year at that salary.

RS would have to have exit clauses for off-field substance abuse.

The potential of a 6-year contract is much better than he is going to get anywhere, it seems....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 808soxfan. Show 808soxfan's posts

The Sox would definitely be contenders if they got Hamilton. Not sure how they will do it any other way. Hopefully, they can trade for a pitcher because the contracts for FA pitchers will be enormous, and we missed out on McCarthy.

With my offer, JH would get a base 4/80 up to a possible 4/104 or 6/156 if he keeps hitting like 2012.

My point is that at 3 years, he stays in Texas, and they now have money if they are out on the Greinke sweepstakes.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

I am not quite sure if Texas really wants Hamilton back.  You would think that if they really like him for what they are going to have to pay him ($20+ M per season) that they would not still have conversations with Arizona for Upton since they are both outfielders.

Wonder how Hamilton feels with all the talk in Texas about them "getting back to him" AFTER all their other offers/deals?  Perhaps he is ready to move on?

808, I could see Hamilton looking at such an incentive laden contract for a longer number of years from a good team much more than looking at even a three year guaranteed deal from someone like Seattle.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to mef429's comment:

Give the guy a break, he is a rookie !!!   However, there are far too many P C people that want to "manage" the skills of all the posters...... Back off please !!

not trying to tell him he cant post here. but do we seriously need 5 different threads all saying the same thing? it gets redundant at some point

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeftyGrove. Show LeftyGrove's posts

In response to scauma09's comment:

Feel like most threads veer off topic and I usually don't read through them. I know that's like a message board sin, but it's not my fault. There use to be really great conversatiere around here. 

You are correct, many threads veer off the topic , a e reason I also stop reading once I hit that point

Sections
Shortcuts