How ironic, Ben is taking a page out of DAN DUQUETTE'S book.......

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: How ironic, Ben is taking a page out of DAN DUQUETTE'S book.......

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Ben Cheringtom's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Build a solid bullpen and be prepared to pick the starters up afte 4+ innings if need be.........  Looks like Hanrahan is coming and it wasn't IGGY in return......  IGGY will make all the pitchers look good !!!    Thanks Dan, your a good baseball man !!

[/QUOTE]

You drunk as well?

[/QUOTE]  Why are you on this board ???  Im sure there are a lot of people out there that agree with my post.........  Like the "BIG O", Rhame Emanuel, Jay Carney, when you don't agree you throw all that LIB/LEFT/SOC/RAD/MOONBAT/MUD around to see what sticks..... Just plain rude.....  However, I will give you a pass as afterall it is Christmas and the best part of your baseball was the ice cream on the way home from another great night at T-BALL !!!!

[/QUOTE]

Where the hell did he even mention politics Bill? It seems to me that whenever someone mentions politics around here it's usually you or your good buddy softlaw who are bringing it up. Someday you'll have to admit to yourself that all your problems aren't the result of anyone who is even slightly to the left of Joe McCarthy.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[QUOTE]

Build a solid bullpen and be prepared to pick the starters up afte 4+ innings if need be.........  Looks like Hanrahan is coming and it wasn't IGGY in return......  IGGY will make all the pitchers look good !!!    Thanks Dan, your a good baseball man !!

[/QUOTE]

Good observation, Bill.  Duquette actually hired and mentored Ben.  Personally, I think the Red Sox should fire Luchino, and make Dan (a local guy) an offer he cant refuse.  Remember: we fired Dan because he wanted nothing to do with Roger Clemens.   Maybe its time to accept the fact that he was right all along and bring him home.  Considering he's from MA, hired Ben, this is where he should be!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Dan Duquette frequent appears on The Sport Hub.  To me , that says a part of him wants to return to his roots.  I've grown weary of Luchino.  What say you tee-ballers?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I also believe that there is something to be said for having your CEO on the same page as your GM.  Considering that Dan hired Ben, I think that they would be on the same page.  Call me crazy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dan Duquette frequent appears on The Sport Hub.  To me , that says a part of him wants to return to his roots.  I've grown weary of Luchino.  What say you tee-ballers?

[/QUOTE]

We should start a petition for Henry to buy out LL and sell that share to the Duke.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good observation, Bill.  Duquette actually hired and mentored Ben.  Personally, I think the Red Sox should fire Luchino, and make Dan (a local guy) an offer he cant refuse.  Remember: we fired Dan because he wanted nothing to do with Roger Clemens.   Maybe its time to accept the fact that he was right all along and bring him home.  Considering he's from MA, hired Ben, this is where he should be!!

[/QUOTE]

This is my true they fired him because he was impossible to work with and fired Jimy Williams for no good reason which caused the team to do a massive tail dive. Pedro and Manny both left the team a week earlier. On top of that didnt want to spend money on the draft or on scouts. No new ownership would want that hanging around them. Why do you think some one with a decent track recon with two teams was forced to wait 10 years until he got a job.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We should start a petition for Henry to buy out LL and sell that share to the Duke.

[/QUOTE]

i'd sign it

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]

PITCHING, PITCHING, PITCHING......... A DEEP PEN CAN MAKE UP FOR AVERAGE STARTING PITCHERS !!!

[/QUOTE]

No, not really.

I think this season's rotation might be a little too dependant on kids like De La Rosa and Webster. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

PITCHING, PITCHING, PITCHING......... A DEEP PEN CAN MAKE UP FOR AVERAGE STARTING PITCHERS !!!

[/QUOTE]

No, not really.

I think this season's rotation might be a little too dependant on kids like De La Rosa and Webster. 

[/QUOTE]

How? Morales, Tazawa, and Mortensen are ahead of them for the #6, #7 and #8 in the rotation.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How is it "ironic"? 

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[/QUOTE]

How is it "ironic"? 

[/QUOTE]Maybe , because how Dan came back from the dead after 10 years away and helped put the "Small O's" into a better place.....  Without spending all the big $$$$$$ that the "BIG O" WOULD SPEND !!!!    Now, go back to sleep and hope that Santa brings you a book about Baseball managers & G M's ...... The great ones !!!

[/QUOTE]

i·ron·ic   /īˈränik/ Adjective
    1. Using or characterized by irony.
    2. Happening in the opposite way to what is expected, thus typically causing wry amusement.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

How is it "ironic"? 

[/QUOTE]Maybe , because how Dan came back from the dead after 10 years away and helped put the "Small O's" into a better place.....  Without spending all the big $$$$$$ that the "BIG O" WOULD SPEND !!!!    Now, go back to sleep and hope that Santa brings you a book about Baseball managers & G M's ...... The great ones !!!

[/QUOTE]

i·ron·ic   /īˈränik/Adjective

2. Happening in the opposite way to what is expected, thus typically causing wry amusement.

[/QUOTE] Well, maybe so.... However I was not amused by the last 2 years !!!

[/QUOTE]

No Sox fan could be happy with September 2011....but that has very little/nothing to do with Ben.

No Sox fan could be happy with 2012....but that has little to do with Ben in truth.  He was hamstrung with a budget ceiling in the winter of 2011 so was restricted to small moves - many of which were good, if small.  The next big move was the Dodgers dump....a great move and you can make up your own mind as to the driver of it. 

It's only from 2013 that Ben should take the acclaim/blame for the Sox MLB roster.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[/QUOTE]

i·ron·ic   /īˈränik/Adjective

[/QUOTE] Well, maybe so.... However I was not amused by the last 2 years !!!

[/QUOTE]

No Sox fan could be happy with September 2011....but that has very little/nothing to do with Ben.

No Sox fan could be happy with 2012....but that has little to do with Ben in truth.  He was hamstrung with a budget ceiling in the winter of 2011 so was restricted to small moves - many of which were good, if small.  The next big move was the Dodgers dump....a great move and you can make up your own mind as to the driver of it. 

It's only from 2013 that Ben should take the acclaim/blame for the Sox MLB roster.

[/QUOTE]  And I have no problem with Ben.........  Just glad to see that after 10 years, Duquette got another chance to show that he wasn't as bad as John Henry & Lucciannos made him out to be !!!

[/QUOTE]

I wasn't too sorry to see the Duke go, but thought at the time it was a little bit harsh.  I thought he was great at the big moves, great at finding value....but was a poor communicator up, down, across and to the fans and media and that simply will not work in the modern world.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[/QUOTE]

How is it "ironic"? 

[/QUOTE]

how ironic that someone who is a BIG ZERO would call the president the BIG O.

[/QUOTE]

....forget that, ask gooberill-806 whose hand was invisible, who developed that theory, and how it shaped gooberill-806's ideas.

Sections
Shortcuts