How is that CERA working for Tek :)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FarmFan. Show FarmFan's posts

How is that CERA working for Tek :)

Maybe he's good at poker or something but it's not BBall.  Sorry, he did get a hit so at least his average won't get much lower.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Re: How is that CERA working for Tek :)

You just keep going by one game samples. That's what UR good at.
    I'll go by his career/recent years.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

No, it's a 3 game sample. 14 runs for old "nohittintek". One passed ball that cost a game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Try again clown.
    Bard likely crossed up Tek because he didn't allow for the change in signals with a guy on 2nd.

Then the runner tried to score on what looked like a wild pitch, but he used poor judgement.

You obviously don't watch these games.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

That wasn't a wild pitch, and the passed ball wasn't just the guy throwin out that was on base. You obviously don't watch games or have the intelligence to do anything but slobber about Varitek.

Again,  Varitek, 14 runs in his last 3 starts..............

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Two on, nobody out. Bard likely crossed up Tek when he failed to realize signals change with a runner on 2nd.

Bard had little command. 2nd & 3rd: He then threw one in the dirt that got by Tek, but not far enough to score the run, as it was futally tried. 

I not only watch the games, but the replay of the games as well.

This is the scenario I envision as to how you come by your take:

Softlaw: "Did you see that dad! Wake is old and fat!".
    DAD: "Yes. Your right. He should retire".
    Softlaw: "Yes! EXACTLY!!!".

So, the board has to endure a ménage of Wake bashing.
    One pathetic thread after another.

Softlaw: "Dad, Lowrie really can't hit left-handed. He's no switch-hitter".
    DAD: "Yes son. You are right. You are always right, son".

So, the board has to endure UR Lowrie bashing.

Softlaw: "Damn Ellsbury! I told them he can't field! I told them he's a jitterbug!".
    DAD: "Yes! He is over-rated. He's...ohhh, my back!"
    Softlaw: "Exactly dad! he's Theo's...ohhhh, my back!".

So, the board has to endure a year of Softlaw the rib expert.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Harness; Thats a lot of wake, Lowrie, tek and crawbury trashing for GM/softy. Over 1000 posts in a month..No worries, Tek and wake will be gone at the end of the year and Iglesias will replace Lowrie/scutaro we can look forward to him only being able to trash crawbury in 10 posts a day...I mean, even a heel in pro wrestling is entertaining while getting heat. Gm should take a page fromm WWE and at least become somewhat creative if hes going to just say basically the same thing in ALL his posts. show a little versatility, ya know?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FarmFan. Show FarmFan's posts

In Response to Re: How is that CERA working for Tek :):
    Try again clown. Bard likely crossed up Tek because he didn't allow for the change in signals with a guy on 2nd. Then the runner tried to score on what looked like a wild pitch, but he used poor judgement. You obviously don't watch these games.
    Posted by harness

harness, a fan couldn't be in any worse denial.  Tek is done period, you can't even admit he had a passed ball without blaming the pitcher.  Tek is as useless as a sixth finger and has been insignificant in calling a good game.  If you watched the game last night Jenks never shook off Tek once and was hammered so stop trying to prove Tek is valuable.

A player that can't hit, run, throw and is now even faltering in the only thing people thought he was good at "game calling" is no use to our team.  Tek can't teach Salty anything but a few veteran tricks because his talent is limited so to call him a good mentor is nonsense.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i could care less about CERA but saying tek is done after 14 runs in 3 starts is silly...if our offense was consistent, we could have won all those games

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FarmFan. Show FarmFan's posts

i could care less about CERA but saying tek is done after 14 runs in 3 starts is silly...if our offense was consistent, we could have won all those games
    Posted by georom4

Tek has deteriorated every year at bat and behind the plate, so much in fact he may not even hit 200.  This trend began in 2006 and here are my points that are so obvious they jump out and bite us because our real hitters are struggling.

#1 Offensively, We have had no real offense from Tek from either side of the plate in years.  When I say this I mean SO to BB ratio, OBP and BA, not a few extra base hits that blow up his OPS.  Numbers that barely support him even being a backup these days.

#2 Defensively, Tek has one Gold Glove in his entire career so that speaks for itself.  He has also struggled throwing runners out which is part of being considered a great catcher.  In other words he has been a decent, not great catcher who has been fortunate enough to catch some great staffs but never could learn to catch a knuckle ball even though one of our long term starters was one.

#3 Mentor, How much can you actually teach someone when you have limited skill yourself?  How to call a game?  Any veteren catcher should have the ability to learn a staff and batters after 12 plus years. 

#4 Captain, What?  This is a joke, maybe Youk or Pede but what example does Tek set for other players to be motivated by?  When Tek jumped on the "Boras" bandwagon just to finally see the lack of interest from other teams, he should have never been given the C back.

#5 Personal life, Again the furthest thing from a role model he could possibly be.  Cheated on his wife and broke up his family.  Ok, this may be harsh because we all make mistakes and deserve a second chance but he is certainly no role model.

#6 Overall Legacy, A decent catcher who should in no way/shape or form ever be confused with the more well rounded greats in history.  Not even in Boston where Pudge accomplished so much more.

#7 Fan appreciation, of course we should honor the guy "sooner rather than later" because he had some nice years but the past is the past.  Tek simply has very little left to offer anyone.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Tek has deteriorated every year at bat and behind the plate, so much in fact he may not even hit 200.  This trend began in 2006 and here are my points that are so obvious they jump out and bite us because our real hitters are struggling.

1) Nobody is clamoring for VTek to start 135+ games. Why are posters acting like there are hundreds of us saying he should?
    (Even the Tek supporters are saying about 80 games is tops)

2) VTek has not "deteriorated" vs LHPs. If he is used correctly, his offense may not be a liability at all over a large sample size. Has anybody looked at Salty's career numbers vs LHPs?
    (Sub .600, while VTek has been over .800 for three straight years)

3) Have you looked at the league averages for catchers?
    (Since 2006, Tek has a .718 OPS, which is 23rd out or the top 30 catchers by PAs since 2006. That is just .016 behind being number 16. Catcher is not a hitting position in MLB for most teams.)

4) Does it matter to you that, for whatever reason, about 90% of our pitchers continually do better with VTek catching them than his counterpart year by year, year after year?
    (see the countless data that supports this)

5) Does it matter to you that perennial Sox bashers are using 3 game sample sizes, 1 game sample sizes, and in GM's case, 1 AB sample sizes to make absurd definitive judgements?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FarmFan. Show FarmFan's posts

Tek has deteriorated every year at bat and behind the plate, so much in fact he may not even hit 200.  This trend began in 2006 and here are my points that are so obvious they jump out and bite us because our real hitters are struggling. 1) Nobody is clamoring for VTek to start 135+ games. Why are posters acting like there are hundreds of us saying he should? (Even the Tek supporters are saying about 80 games is tops) 2) VTek has not "deteriorated" vs LHPs. If he is used correctly, his offense may not be a liability at all over a large sample size. Has anybody looked at Salty's career numbers vs LHPs? (Sub .600, while VTek has been over .800 for three straight years) 3) Have you looked at the league averages for catchers? (Since 2006, Tek has a .718 OPS, which is 23rd out or the top 30 catchers by PAs since 2006. That is just .016 behind being number 16. Catcher is not a hitting position in MLB for most teams.) 4) Does it matter to you that, for whatever reason, about 90% of our pitchers continually do better with VTek catching them than his counterpart year by year, year after year? (see the countless data that supports this) 5) Does it matter to you that perennial Sox bashers are using 3 game sample sizes, 1 game sample sizes, and in GM's case, 1 AB sample sizes to make absurd definitive judgements?
    Posted by moonslav59

Tek being compared to Salty is all the proof you needed to show us because Tek will never be one of the greats, nor should he be playing so much over Salty.  Sample size?  You must have been watching Oprah since the 07 Championship. 

You and harness are definately in dream land.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

He then threw one in the dirt that got by Tek, but not far enough to score the run,

Harness, you are out to lunch on the "futility". There wasn't just the lead runner who moved up!!!!!!!!!!! The other past ball was scored incorrectly!!!!!!!!!!!!

Varitek did the clumsy thing in losses to the Angels, last year! Varitek will not play "2 or 3 more years" in the MLB, even with the good ole boy system of Boston.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Tek being compared to Salty is all the proof you needed to show us because Tek will never be one of the greats, nor should he be playing so much over Salty.  Sample size?  You must have been watching Oprah since the 07 Championship. 

Why not answer one of the questions?

We know VTek can't hit well.

We also know we win with Vtek.

It's not a dream, so wake up and smell the coffee.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

He can't answer the questions, Moon. They are over his head.

"Tek is not one of the greats". What can you say to this?

This clown thinks he's a 15-year journeyman - with one team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

He's just a "goodole boy".

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Who is this FarmFan fellow?  I like the cut of his jib.

Sections
Shortcuts