How Jackie Bradley is going to fix the 2012 Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

How Jackie Bradley is going to fix the 2012 Red Sox

The headline is a bit facetious but here goes ...

From Ben Buchanan at OTM:
    "The unbelievable season continues. After declaring he was ready to hit Homers on May 1, Jackie Bradley now has three of them in six games, going 8-for-15 with six walks, two strikeouts, and three stolen bases."

Unbelievable season is right.  Bradley is hitting .375 / .500 / .583 with 11 SBs and only 1 CS ... he needs to go to Portland and soon.  Who moves to make room for him in AA?  Well, we've got JC Linares tearing it up in Portland.  Maybe it's time to cut DMac, and move 'em all up the line: Nava to MLB, Linares to AAA and JBJr to AA?  Or do we jump JCL directly to the bigs?  Despite the fact Nava is a switch hitter, he and JCL are both much better vs. RHP.  JCL is a much better defensive OFer.

Many have been arguing the team needs some shaking up and it's hard to argue with that.  Maybe the change to the OF plus making Ciriaco the utility guy can accomplish the goal without making a drastic move that would involve selling low on a key player.  If we need to go further, I'd be fine sending Buch to AAA to figure it out and someone, anyone really, take his slot until Cook/Dice are back.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

Re: How Jackie Bradley is going to fix the 2012 Red Sox

To clarify, I think Buch should be sent down if he has another bad start.  It's that simple.  He has an option and you can't let this drag on much longer.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

111SoxFan111

I agree with just about everything you've mentioned.
    I don't think either Nava, Linares or Ciriaco are on the 40 man roster so for any of them to be brought up they would have to DFA DMac, Punto or someone that is.

Portland Sea Dog fans would love to see Bradley up here. It was rumored that Ranaudo would be here but I think he is still in Extended ST. The way Barnes is pitching he may be moved to the Sea Dogs before the end of the season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

I have no problem DFA'ing DMac.  Punto's got $3m coming between now and next year, which is a bit much to simply eat.  He's not worth much on his own in a trade but he could be part of a package.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

really dumb posts, but the reality is the Sox may have the luxury of taking a wait and see with Ellsbury next year, as JB could be ready by 2014. Plus arm in CF something we havent seen in a long time.
    Is it possible we also see Jacobs in RF come 2014?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

What is so dumb about it? He should move up, just like Matt Barnes moved from Greenville to Salem. Other teams move their players quicker. The point is to move guys up and move DMac out. DMAC is really useless and no one will take him. He will be out of baseball if the Red Sox cut him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

the dumb part is the constant comments that Nava and Linares are prospects. Sox went out and aquired Byrd over both of them. Nuff said, or so one would think

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Cool

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Persoanally, I'd rather see Nava then McDonald. The sample size on McDonald is pretty significant now. I know Nave is LH, which is not ideal for us, but he is hot as heck right now and would slot pretty well in LF. If not Nava, then Linares. I'd rahter have either of them.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In Response to Re: How Jackie Bradley is going to fix the 2012 Red Sox:
    [QUOTE]Persoanally, I'd rather see Nava then McDonald. The sample size on McDonald is pretty significant now. I know Nave is LH, which is not ideal for us, but he is hot as heck right now and would slot pretty well in LF. If not Nava, then Linares. I'd rahter have either of them.
    Posted by Boomerangsdotcom[/QUOTE]

Nava bats from both sides.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to How Jackie Bradley is going to fix the 2012 Red Sox:
    [QUOTE]The headline is a bit facetious but here goes ... From Ben Buchanan at OTM: " The unbelievable season continues. After declaring he was ready to hit Homers on May 1, Jackie Bradley now has three of them in six games, going 8-for-15 with six walks, two strikeouts, and three stolen bases ." Unbelievable season is right.  Bradley is hitting .375 / .500 / .583 with 11 SBs and only 1 CS ... he needs to go to Portland and soon.  Who moves to make room for him in AA?  Well, we've got JC Linares tearing it up in Portland.  Maybe it's time to cut DMac, and move 'em all up the line: Nava to MLB, Linares to AAA and JBJr to AA?  Or do we jump JCL directly to the bigs?  Despite the fact Nava is a switch hitter, he and JCL are both much better vs. RHP.  JCL is a much better defensive OFer. Many have been arguing the team needs some shaking up and it's hard to argue with that.  Maybe the change to the OF plus making Ciriaco the utility guy can accomplish the goal without making a drastic move that would involve selling low on a key player.  If we need to go further, I'd be fine sending Buch to AAA to figure it out and someone, anyone really, take his slot until Cook/Dice are back.
    Posted by 111SoxFan111[/QUOTE]

I agree about Dmac ... the domino effective mentioned sounds very interesting.