How Long Can David Ortiz Play?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: How Long Can David Ortiz Play?

In Response to Re: How Long Can David Ortiz Play?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to How Long Can David Ortiz Play? : Isn't this the same guy complaining he was making ONLY 15 mil for a 1 year contract where his only job is to step into a batters box for 2 minutes 4 times a night? what an idiot! I hope he needs a walker!
    Posted by readsocks[/QUOTE]His point is that it's a 1 year contract. And at this point in their history, David Ortiz is the Boston Red Sox.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill2. Show aussiewill2's posts

[QUOTE]I think we're getting a good look now at our offence without Ortiz, and it isn't a pretty sight.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]
    Sooner or later he will hang em up, what two years? If father time is catching up with the big fella, then let him go, take the $ 15 mil and sign Hamilton or certainly there has to be a dangerous bat out there.
    They need to sign Ellsbury for one, I think he has had enough of Boston, not that anyone mistreated jacoby, but the way they threw the money around for stiffs, who in their right mind would have confidence in their ability to make good decisions.
    They can say it was Theo, but reality says different, he had to ask Henry before he spent the Crawford money , the Gonzo money, the Lackey money, Jenks money, Beckett money. All bad signings, before everyone calls me a jerk for including Gonzo, HE CAN"T RUN. $22 mil for a guy who can't run and can't hit home runs, that is a bad signing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

How many are saying look how bad we are now with Ortiz on the DL? They say this forgetting that the team was .500 with him to. It will be best to move on this winter, let him go.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill2. Show aussiewill2's posts

[QUOTE]How many are saying look how bad we are now with Ortiz on the DL? They say this forgetting that the team was .500 with him to. It will be best to move on this winter, let him go.
    Posted by EnchiladaT[/QUOTE]

Exactly, for all the Bruhaha they were .500 with Big Papi, just as they are now. personally I think Papi has priced himself out of the market. If he doesn't get back in the lineup soon, and end up with 30-100-.300 then his dream of another big over pay day is just that, a dream.

What will annoy me is if the Sox signed him  for one year and $15 mil , that will show just how out of touch with reality they are. They could have signed him last year, before arbitration , for 2 years @ $25 mil. Now he goes to arbitration again and gets $ 16 mil, so they pay $31 mil when they could have had him for $25 mil. Great business model that. Thee inmates are running the asylum.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]Also I don't think you can give incentives for performance marks like OPS.

ARod has bonuses based on hitting HR number 660, 714...
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Jerry Crasnick ESPN.com
    November 30, 2007

Teams are prohibited from paying bonuses to players based on statistical achievements, but Major League Baseball and the Players Association have apparently signed off on Rodriguez's bonuses because the Yankees are classifying his home runs as historical milestones.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How Long Can David Ortiz Play? : going from 18 all the way to 30 games wouldn't have raised a red flag when you first  read it?....to prompt you to read it again immediately to see if that could be true? On a different subject, I just read that the NFL is upping the regular season schedule to 42 games........wait....no....scratch that. _________________________________ Curt Schilling Deadbeat Fraud Clown
    Posted by bellhorn_[/QUOTE]

Here, read this.  The number 30 was being tossed around when this story began.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20111130&content_id=26060776&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

The truth is, the BIG GUY IS DONE FOR THIS YEAR !!!  At 36 going on 42 the end is near..... $ox were smart with the one year contract..... ENOUGH NON-PERFORMERS ON THE ROSTER !!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to How Long Can David Ortiz Play? : Isn't this the same guy complaining he was making ONLY 15 mil for a 1 year contract where his only job is to step into a batters box for 2 minutes 4 times a night? what an idiot! I hope he needs a walker!
    Posted by readsocks[/QUOTE]

Seriously there is no need to insult a player with name calling. If you don't like a player that's fine but cut the name calling. If not I hope your neighbors put up a sign in front of your house "Idiot lives here" and see how you feel when someone calls you an idiot. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]. I think the Red Sox need to give the man his wheelchair contract. Yes, they should. Also, "wheelchair contract" is the intellectually trademarked property of the legendary poster "Softlaw".
    Posted by TrotterNixon[/QUOTE]

Softlaw was legendary.  That was back when some people thought you were actually serious about the things that you said.

You were good back then.  What happened?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]  The truth is, the BIG GUY IS DONE FOR THIS YEAR !!!  At 36 going on 42 the end is near..... $ox were smart with the one year contract..... ENOUGH NON-PERFORMERS ON THE ROSTER !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

Bill, pardon the pun but you're completely of base. At 36 Ortiz came in the ST in the best shape in year, his bat speed has improved and he is having a fine year. Unfortunately like too many other Sox the injury bug got him, but he was on the way to a 35+ home run season with over 100rbis. He's had a very consistent year, and no he's not going on 42. Like many ball players these days he comes off now and then as self centered, but he's also spoke his mind this year and became a club house leader who can lead by example. Yes the Sox need to do some house cleaning of dead weight players but Papi is not one. Where you come up with a snide remark calling Papi a non-performer is beyond me. 

Hetch 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How Long Can David Ortiz Play? : Softlaw was legendary.  That was back when some people thought you were actually serious about the things that you said. You were good back then.  What happened?
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

Morning Snake, 

Easy answer to your question. Softlaw got stung by the Troll Bug and became TrotterNixon. The Trotter part of the name I've no problem with but despite knowing we had a good Nixon in Boston I think of Tricky Dick when Trotter posts. That's probably a reaction to his nonsensical posts constantly on the site. 

Hetch

13. This post has been removed.