how long for jackie ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxyjim. Show soxyjim's posts

how long for jackie ?

i like the kid alot but he is strugling.you need offense from left field.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: how long for jackie ?

In response to softlaw2's comment:

I'd say 9 games in the majors is enough to see what his BA and OBP and SLG is going to be if he played all season out there.

Sarcasm is a poorman's satire. On top of you implying defeat by refusing to continue the debate.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

This kid is being asked to quite a bit with not even playing a single inning at triple A.

It is not terribly surprising that he is struggling, and the Sox need to be sure that they do not lose him for the entire season.

He will be a quality player as long as they do not ruin his confidence with something stupid like they did with Bard last year.  Bard may never recover (although I hope he can) from his mess from last season.

I might even let Bradley go down to Portland for a while as soon as Ortiz is ready to suit up so that he can recover some confidence and then move him to Pawtucket later on this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I'd say 9 games in the majors is enough to see what his BA and OBP and SLG is going to be if he played all season out there.

I disagree. he hit 270 with 6 homers and 8 steals in half a season in AA last year. Combine that with his 120 average this year and it is obvious that no further seasoning is needed. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to charliedarling's comment:

This kid is being asked to quite a bit with not even playing a single inning at triple A.

It is not terribly surprising that he is struggling, and the Sox need to be sure that they do not lose him for the entire season.

He will be a quality player as long as they do not ruin his confidence with something stupid like they did with Bard last year.  Bard may never recover (although I hope he can) from his mess from last season.

I might even let Bradley go down to Portland for a while as soon as Ortiz is ready to suit up so that he can recover some confidence and then move him to Pawtucket later on this year.

While I generally agree with your statement, I think it runs much deeper with Bard.  Bard was supposedly a finished product, while JBJ is still learning.  Also I have to believe that some of Bards issues are mechanical due to switching from relief to starting back to relief.  I don't think there is much harm in Bradley learning on the fly or going back to the minors, I just think it makes sense for the team to send him back until he is more of an asset with his bat. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Craig Hansen is a better analogy.

That guy got ruined.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tek-9. Show Tek-9's posts

I think you keep him up even when Ortiz comes back, have a 3 man platoon in left, and give him a little bit more time to see major league pitching, see what he is doing wrong, and learn what he needs to fix when he gets sent down mid May. Bring him up next season and hopefully youve got a future star

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Since he's playing almost every game in the major, I don't think sending him down is too much of necessity.  He will learn playing.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

The key is "more seasoning", by ending his season.

My disappointment was Bradley's OBP, which is under .100. But BA is the most important metric for hitters.

He has .313 OBP.  Do you even know what OBP stands for?

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to soxyjim's comment:

i like the kid alot but he is strugling.you need offense from left field.

Wow ! how fast we change our tune..... Should have been sent down after spring training. But to please the hungry fans. Guess what..... Coco Crisp will soon depart.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Hansen never got enough seasoning.

Exactly.

I like this new you.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

After 8 gams, and a pitiful .313 OBP, it's an easy decision, send him down for more seasoning.

Good call Softy!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Pitchers are a close knit fraternity.  It doesn't take long for word to spread about a hitters weaknesses.

He has a few holes which with work, talent and motivation will make him a better hitter.  Of what I've read about the kid with his psychological makeup, I'm sure he'll eventually do well.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

We are all sure he will do well.

There are a couple of us who are freaking out because their repuation depends on him doing well right now.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

There are a couple of us who are freaking out because their repuation depends on him doing well right now.

Yes, and there are a few who are freaking out because a few are freaking out.

Lets all freak out

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Thats a lot of freaky.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

Thats a lot of freaky.  

I got some stuff that will calm us all down.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

How long for Jacoby?  Jackie's not long, so let's move on to another subject. See my new thread on Ellsbury, infra.

Will do Boo!

You freak out about something and I will be right over to make fun of you for it.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts