how many games will A-FRAUD and others get?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Re: how many games will A-FRAUD and others get?

Presented with the news of Braun's suspension, and its possible implications for Rodriguez, several Yankees expressed support for their absent third baseman before Monday night's game against the Texas Rangers.

"I can't say anything because I don't know what happened with Alex," Mariano Rivera said. "[But] I have to support him. He's my teammate. He's my brother. I'm not saying he did or didn't do it, but if it happens, I can't throw him in the street. He's still my brother."

Andy Pettitte, who admitted his own HGH use in 2007 after he was cited in the Mitchell Report, said, "We're going to back him up. We're his teammates. There's no doubt. But if he did something wrong, you have to be punished for it. But I'll still back him up. I'm still going to love him because I built the relationship with him. He's a teammate of mine. You just wish nothing but the best for him."

Yankees captain Derek Jeter, once one of A-Rod’s closest friends in baseball, refused to address specifics about either Braun or A-Rod, citing his unfamiliarity with the details of the story.

"This caught me off guard, so I don't want to comment too much about it until I know a little bit more, but just the fact that we're talking about it, it's not good," Jeter said. "Anytime you're sitting around talking about this kind of stuff, it's not fun, it's not good for the game, but it shows that what [MLB is] trying to do is working, you know what I'm saying?"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

Payrod probably gets 100 games, MLB showed how soft they were by only bouncing Braun for the remainder of this season. i want the yankees to have to pay Arod the full contract that they stupidly gave him anyway.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Alex Rodriguez could get lifetime ban from Major League Baseball, according to report

By Charles Curtis/NJ.com The Star-Ledger  

There was some speculation when the Biogensis investigation began that Alex Rodriguez could receive a long suspension when Major League Baseball decided to announce a punishment for the Yankees' third baseman.

But there's one report that indicates he could be banned from baseball for life.

That was what "an MLB source" told CBS Evening News' Jim Axelrod according to a story posted by CBS New York after Ryan Braun received a suspension that will last the rest of the 2013 season.

It's the first time there's been a report - as opposed to just speculation - that mentions the lifetime ban as a possibility. It was posted hours after ESPNNewYork's Wallace Matthews wrote that there was "evidence against [Rodriguez that was] 'far beyond' what Major League Baseball had on...Braun" and that the Brewers outfielder's ban "could be a precursor to a similar punishment for Rodriguez."

Matthews also said a suspension for Rodriguez wasn't going to happen right away. When it does, a source told him, the time he'll sit out will "be affected by MLB's belief that he interfered with its investigation."

But a lifetime ban? The CBS report says he "could be looking at" one. Technically, all that means is it's an option - the penalty exists in MLB's PED ban. This report offers nothing indicating why it's a probability and not just a possibility. So until there's more information suggesting MLB will take the Pete Rose and Shoeless Joe route with Rodriguez, stay tuned.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

Alex Rodriguez could get lifetime ban from Major League Baseball, according to report

There was some speculation when the Biogensis investigation began that Alex Rodriguez could receive a long suspension when Major League Baseball decided to announce a punishment for the Yankees' third baseman.

But there's one report that indicates he could be banned from baseball for life.

That was what "an MLB source" told CBS Evening News' Jim Axelrod according to a story posted by CBS New York after Ryan Braun received a suspension that will last the rest of the 2013 season.

It's the first time there's been a report - as opposed to just speculation - that mentions the lifetime ban as a possibility. It was posted hours after ESPNNewYork's Wallace Matthews wrote that there was "evidence against [Rodriguez that was] 'far beyond' what Major League Baseball had on...Braun" and that the Brewers outfielder's ban "could be a precursor to a similar punishment for Rodriguez."

Matthews also said a suspension for Rodriguez wasn't going to happen right away. When it does, a source told him, the time he'll sit out will "be affected by MLB's belief that he interfered with its investigation."

But a lifetime ban? The CBS report says he "could be looking at" one. Technically, all that means is it's an option - the penalty exists in MLB's PED ban. This report offers nothing indicating why it's a probability and not just a possibility. So until there's more information suggesting MLB will take the Pete Rose and Shoeless Joe route with Rodriguez, stay tuned.

Now that's just wishful thinking for yankee fans. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

They should have announced the suspensions all at once, and stopped dragging their feet.  If guys like Colon and Cruz are going to be suspended, they should stop helping their clubs contend immediately.  

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-57595176/a-rod-could-be-next-in-baseball-doping-scandal/

And according to the MLB executive CBS News spoke with, baseball has a lot more on Rodriguez than just drug use.

"They are looking into his use, and also whether he lied, whether he obstructed the investigation and whether he got other players involved."

An MLB announcement about Rodriguez is expected sometime in the next two weeks. CBS News contacted representatives for Alex Rodriguez and got no response, directing reporters to the player's union -- which also had no comment. But just last month, a lawyer for Rodriguez called MLB's investigation "despicable."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to bald-predictions' comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And the thought frightens the hell out of Red Sox fans.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to bald-predictions' comment:

And the thought frightens the hell out of Red Sox fans.

Not all of us.

Yankees problems extend well beyond Arod.

That said you have to start somewhere.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Frightens?  not a chance.

disappoints is the word i would have chosen.

we want to see you stuck with him, but it doesnt scare us if your not.  big deal.  you found a way to spend $230MM this year regardless of arods contract.    without a top 10 farm system they will continue to spend MM's on aging veterans....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Right now it is so complicating on how many games that each player should be suspended. Cuz all of them will deny using PED at the clinic while Braun so far as the only player admitted it.  How can they suspended players for more games where they were never suspended before than others?

I undestand some of them were rumored on the other PED report such as mitchell report, BALCO or survey drug testing or etc in the past many years while others could have used PED in the past, but was never caught by anyone.

I just think they just have to follow MLB policy such as the first suspension offense is 50 games and the next offense is 100 games suspension and last is lifetime ban.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Competing in the new CBA era the Sox have a jump on the Yankees.  They've invested heavily in the draft the last few years before the changes and wether it was through better scouting or luck they have compiled a much stronger farm system.  THey also have much more payroll flexibility than the Yankees going forward.

With that said, The Yankees are very likely setting themselves up for a readjustment, and trying to get under the cap.  Will this make them less dominant in the next couple years with the chance for possibly even a losing season? yes.  But I have no doubt that they will be one of the best teams in baseball again in a few years.

If Arod's contract is allowed to be voided it does very little to make the Yankees better right now, but it will definitely ease and quicken that transition.  They can use that money to resign Cano and still be on pace to get under the cap. 

Obviously I would love for the Yankees to have to pay all of AROD'S contract and be handcuffed but the better part of me thinks it would be good for baseball to just kick this bum out for life.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I'm trying to figure out how Braun was o the list and is suspended but others have not yet been suspended. Are they wheeling and dealing to minimize the suspensions? If anyone else is on the list they should be suspened right now. Not in two weeks or more so they can continue to help their team.
    And if the team is helping prolong this they should be penalized as well.

BTW Braun is suspended and in a strange way is unfair to him to be singled out if there are others.

LOVE my  Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

I'm trying to figure out how Braun was o the list and is suspended but others have not yet been suspended. Are they wheeling and dealing to minimize the suspensions? If anyone else is on the list they should be suspened right now. Not in two weeks or more so they can continue to help their team.

BTW Braun is suspended and in a strange way is unfair to him to be singled out if there are others.

Go back and listen to the audio from when Braun was "vindicated" last year.  He's definitely even more a jack $$$ than AROD, and baseball wanted to set an example.  I'm not saying you are wrong; actually I find it a bit strange myself there haven't been more suspensions but I definitely don't think it is wrong to single out a guy like Braun. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Braun accepted the suspension because he saw the evidence against him.He made a deal so he got less games suspended than he would have if he tried to fight it.

From Braun's perspective,by accepting the deal he got less games.Plus that gives him until next spring before he really has to deal with the fallout.By then,there will probably be other suspensions coming from the Biogenisis investigation and the focus won't be on him as much.

The Brewers aren't going to the playoffs this year so this is a good time for him to serve his time and get it out of the way.Also,this works out for Milwaukee for the best too.Without Braun,they'll probably lose some extra games and put themselves in a better position for next years draft,which is supposed to be a pretty good one.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to slomag's comment:

They should have announced the suspensions all at once, and stopped dragging their feet.  If guys like Colon and Cruz are going to be suspended, they should stop helping their clubs contend immediately.  

slo, i thought i read somewhere that it was going to be all at once, i'm starting to have my doubts, and this thing is going to just grind on if/when Alex and/or others appeal...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

rumor here in NY/NJ is that MLB and Yankees are working together to try and get a lifetime ban for arod.  collusion.  tsssk, tssssk.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

Go back and listen to the audio from when Braun was "vindicated" last year.  He's definitely even more a jack $$$ than AROD, and baseball wanted to set an example.  I'm not saying you are wrong; actually I find it a bit strange myself there haven't been more suspensions but I definitely don't think it is wrong to single out a guy like Braun. 

and i don't think for a second that anyone believed that "technicality" proved him innocent...my dismay other than PEDS period is that his lies cost someone their livelihood

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

He was target #1 because of the drug test debacle and his defiance last yr.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

In response to slomag's comment:

[QUOTE]

slo, i thought i read somewhere that it was going to be all at once, i'm starting to have my doubts, and this thing is going to just grind on if/when Alex and/or others appeal...

[/QUOTE]

I think both the lifetime ban and the appeal talk are for the sake of negotiations.  They'll likely meet somewhere in the middle, which might be 100 game suspension.

But in the meantime, the Cardinals have about a dozen games left against the Braun-less Brewers, while all the other cheaters whose fates have already been decided for some reason continue to contribute to their teams' success.  

I don't think Selig really gets it - I think he sees it through the prism of his legacy (as it were).  It's actually affecting the playoff picture, and he needs to get his head out of his a55 and pull the trigger on all these suspensions immediately.

Sections
Shortcuts