How many sportwriters have to state that Beckett was the main problem in Sept>

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

How many sportwriters have to state that Beckett was the main problem in Sept>

before some of the folks in here, or beckett himself, gets it?...

I count 5 writers in the past two weeks who have stated what i have been saying in so many words....

looks like ol Josh is now saying he had "lapses in judgement"...way to man up there Beckett!

maybe by the all-star break his stonewalling of responsibility might have him grudgingly admitting that he has serious fried chicken/beer jones that needs rehabbing...

you can tell that none of these athletes or their agents have no idea that they are simply prolonging the whole situation with these piecemeal responses...

want it to go way ...simply say the following:

I was wrong for what i did
    Im sorry that it led to my manager's firing
    I apologize to the fans who deserved better from me
    Im sorry for influencing the young pitchers to follow in my footsteps
    I wont ever do it again....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Re: How many sportwriters have to state that Beckett was the main problem in Sept>

The forum is just a bunch of zombies IMO.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jidgef. Show jidgef's posts

Re: How many sportwriters have to state that Beckett was the main problem in Sept>

You sound like Law regarding Theo, Softy with Jake, Wake or Lowrie, Andrewitch with Drew, etc. Are there any other topics, besides Beckett bashing, that interest you? Just curious.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Pretty sure everyone "gets it" G.  We, us and Josh, just see the whole thing as overblown.  And we see that, of course, the louder you and your witch hunt zombie ilk keep calling for some unecessary self-flagellating pennance, the more the dullard press corps find it good business to write redundant, self-congratulatory judgemental tripe pieces about it.  Some of us want to move on to 2012 ... which, if my eyes haven't been deceiving me, I believe you have been saying you want as well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In Response to Re: How many sportwriters have to state that Beckett was the main problem in Sept>:
    You sound like Law regarding Theo, Softy with Jake, Wake or Lowrie, Andrewitch with Drew, etc. Are there any other topics, besides Beckett bashing, that interest you? Just curious.
    Posted by jidgef

dumb...i bet you are one of those Clemens fans that told him to "fight" the PED charges and lie to congress

you apparently are one of these fans who think Josh can avoid responsibilty and carry on like nothing happened...rule number 1 in dealing with bad news - deal with it directly, honesty, and sincerely...that way there is no story left to uncover..JB has no one but himself to blame for this thing still going on....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In Response to How many sportwriters have to state that Beckett was the main problem in Sept>:
    before some of the folks in here, or beckett himself, gets it?... I count 5 writers in the past two weeks who have stated what i have been saying in so many words.... looks like ol Josh is now saying he had "lapses in judgement"...way to man up there Beckett! maybe by the all-star break his stonewalling of responsibility might have him grudgingly admitting that he has serious fried chicken/beer jones that needs rehabbing... you can tell that none of these athletes or their agents have no idea that they are simply prolonging the whole situation with these piecemeal responses... want it to go way ...simply say the following: I was wrong for what i did Im sorry that it led to my manager's firing I apologize to the fans who deserved better from me Im sorry for influencing the young pitchers to follow in my footsteps I wont ever do it again....
    Posted by georom4

YOU JUST CAN NOT LET IT GO CAN YOU?????

The guy admitted to lapses in judgement and to making mistakes in the clubhouse. He is looking for a fresh start to return to the leader he was in pevious years and resume the fan's trust...

...BUT NOOOOO, this is not enough for those who need to her the exact words of "I'm Sorry". Beckett stills believes that what happens in the clubhouse should stay there, so don't hold your breath waiting for him to say the magic words.

Like some posters here, the Boston media is so hell bent on spinning controversy to sell papers that they'll just keep beating a dead horse into submission.

In addition, if Beckett did say the magic words, the same media and posters here, would just move on to something esle to complain about.

What is sooo diffuclt about just MOVING ON and letting these guys just attempt to make things right in 2012.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In Response to Re: How many sportwriters have to state that Beckett was the main problem in Sept>:
    Pretty sure everyone "gets it" G.  We, us and Josh, just see the whole thing as overblown.  And we see that, of course, the louder you and your witch hunt zombie ilk keep calling for some unecessary self-flagellating pennance, the more the dullard press corps find it good business to write redundant, self-congratulatory judgemental tripe pieces about it.  Some of us want to move on to 2012 ... which, if my eyes haven't been deceiving me, I believe you have been saying you want as well.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

im simply trying to figure out why it is still carrying on as news...i truly believe he is actually enabling it...i know u dont want a mea culpa - but a lot of fans do...are they less than for not forgetting about josh's behavior?  i predicted that this would not go away and would rear its ugly head when things go sour for Beckett...i dont think he can handle that criticism...he should simply man up and admit his role...who is advising him, Rusty Hardin?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: How many sportwriters have to state that Beckett was the main problem in Sept /> : im simply trying to figure out why it is still carrying on as news...i truly believe he is actually enabling it...i know u dont want a mea culpa - but a lot of fans do...are they less than for not forgetting about josh's behavior?  i predicted that this would not go away and would rear its ugly head when things go sour for Beckett...i dont think he can handle that criticism...he should simply man up and admit his role...who is advising him, Rusty Hardin?
    Posted by georom4

Ha.  No question that Hoss was never going to handle this one well.  But, let us make no mistake who is enabling it.  And it aint Beckett.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortMeade. Show FortMeade's posts

Hey Mr. Romero, where is JackBU today? We haven't had a Papi bashing thread all day long. Fire up your laptop and give us a JackBU thread.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In Response to How many sportwriters have to state that Beckett was the main problem in Sept /> : YOU JUST CAN NOT LET IT GO CAN YOU????? The guy admitted to lapses in judgement and to making mistakes in the clubhouse. He is looking for a fresh start to return to the leader he was in pevious years and resume the fan's trust... ...BUT NOOOOO, this is not enough for those who need to her the exact words of "I'm Sorry". Beckett stills believes that what happens in the clubhouse should stay there, so don't hold your breath waiting for him to say the magic words. Like some posters here, the Boston media is so hell bent on spinning controversy to sell papers that they'll just keep beating a dead horse into submission. In addition, if Beckett did say the magic words, the same media and posters here, would just move on to something esle to complain about. What is sooo diffuclt about just MOVING ON and letting these guys just attempt to make things right in 2012.
    Posted by Soxdog67

Dog, did you read any of those articles written about Beckett's meatheadness? Different papers, different writers, different places, all saying the same thing. I know that sometimes people in these forums think that they are the real deal as fans, but these writers are simpy writing what people are saying or thinking....please look at the comments in anyone of those articles this past week...I ask you, are those fans not as real as you for wanting to hear Josh man up for his behavior, instead of these Clintonian denials?

Rule 1 in pr - dont leave a trail out there for the media to follow and expand upon...bad news must be dealt with quickly, and contrition is the key to winning over the public - this is the way America works...I guess JB is taking cues again from the other Texas meathead on passing the buck...he deserves all the scorn he gets as far as im concerned - he could have ended this a long time ago

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortMeade. Show FortMeade's posts

I've read ten times as many articles stating that the collapse was a team effort. Of course, starting threads about that would play as poorly in this forum as a script about zombies going to church and singing in the choir. George A. Romero would have no fun here if he wasn't trolling.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jidgef. Show jidgef's posts

In Response to Re: How many sportwriters have to state that Beckett was the main problem in Sept /> : dumb...i bet you are one of those Clemens fans that told him to "fight" the PED charges and lie to congress you apparently are one of these fans who think Josh can avoid responsibilty and carry on like nothing happened...rule number 1 in dealing with bad news - deal with it directly, honesty, and sincerely...that way there is no story left to uncover..JB has no one but himself to blame for this thing still going on....
    Posted by georom4

Not dumb, and not a Clemens fan, and apparently your rule number one regarding bad news is to write about it as often as possible until no one on here can take anything you write seriously. As in seriously, give it up, dude!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

ji...im sorry if this upsets you - i assure you i was more upset watching beckett grow sideways and pitch like he didnt give a F...with the playoffs on the line...

real fans are like that...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In Response to Re: How many sportwriters have to state that Beckett was the main problem in Sept /> : Dog, did you read any of those articles written about Beckett's meatheadness? Different papers, different writers, different places, all saying the same thing. I know that sometimes people in these forums think that they are the real deal as fans, but these writers are simpy writing what people are saying or thinking....please look at the comments in anyone of those articles this past week...I ask you, are those fans not as real as you for wanting to hear Josh man up for his behavior, instead of these Clintonian denials? Rule 1 in pr - dont leave a trail out there for the media to follow and expand upon...bad news must be dealth with quickly, and contrition is the key to winning over the public - this is the way America works...I guess JB is taking cues again from the other Texas meathead on passing the buck...he deserves all the scorn he gets as far as im concerned - he could have ended this a long time ago
    Posted by georom4

geo, what exactly are you wanting to hear...why doesn't his comments regarding HIS:
    • Lapses in Judgement
    • Mistakes in the clubhouse
    • poor performance against the Oriokes (2 games in Sept)

...count for anything??

Regarding the weight gain issue, although he didn't elaborate on why he put on some extra pounds...only saying he was distracted (maybe it's not our business to know what about) and he followed his same game preparation steps he always has...he just did not pitch effectively and ADMITS that it cost the team those game agianst the O's!

So he said enough for me to MOVE ON...we can't change the September results, so hopefully these group of players can regain the fan's trust by performing close to expectations, win games and make this whole thing just go away!

I prefer to focus on who these important aspects of 2012:

• Can the top 3 starters come back strong from Chickengate!
    • Who is the everyday SS?
    • When can Crawford get back and resurrect his career in Boston...oh the naysayers are all over this guy too for a bad season?
    • Who are the 4th and 5th starters in the rotation?
    • Can Youk stay healthy to play more than 120 games this year?
    • What is the bullpen setup - can Jenks return to some former ChiSox form?
    • Who will backup Salty at catcher?
    • Who will hold the key to the clubhouse refrigator and food spreads during games (actually I personally don't care!!)?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

good questions....lots of maybes/what ifs...but Josh shouldve just taken my advice....what a soap opera...why the heck is he even talking about "lapses in judgement"..it shows you he is still feeling the heat....

for the record i think he looks pretty fit, and he came to camp early...so im encouraged...

but the Rusty Hardin act needs to go

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

good questions....lots of maybes/what ifs...but Josh shouldve just taken my advice....what a soap opera...why the heck is he even talking about "lapses in judgement"..it shows you he is still feeling the heat.... for the record i think he looks pretty fit, and he came to camp early...so im encouraged... but the Rusty Hardin act needs to go
    Posted by georom4

Guess what george (it is george right?), if the media dropped it and you dropped it, well my guess it would go away too! The comments of Lapses in judgement, etc. etc. are based on direct questions from our friends in the media.

He didn't come to camp to volunteer this stuff, he was asked about it...at least he tried to answer the questions and take some responsibility...he just didn't say the magic words some people need to here.

BTW, regarding the other Texan...which is easy to understand who you are talking about...based on your avatar here...I agree with you 200%. Roger will always be remembered by me as a quitter, liar & cheat...both in baseball and on his wife!

Clemens, Manny Ramirez and Nomar Garciaparra can live in the  Hall-of-Shame of Boston sports athletes for the way they managed to get themselves out of town.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

it doesnt matter what i say or do soxdog...just what josh says and does...but i totally agree with you on the sox hall of shame....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBSHBT1969. Show TBSHBT1969's posts

Posted by SpacemanEephus

Not sure it's overblown. It's not so much the FACT that he, and others, were drinking beer beer and eating fried chicken while the sawx were in a HISTORIC tailspin. It's the attitude that it exhibits from a supposed team leader. That kind of cancer can spread rapidly through an already fractured clubhouse.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

Okay enough is enough.  Beckett knows what he did and knows he shouldn't have.  That's good enough for me.  What do you want out of the guy?

Sections
Shortcuts