How many think...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

How many think...

the Sox will open the season with Nava at 1B and Napoli at DH????????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Re: How many think...

...or Nava at DH and Napoli on the DL?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to dustcover's comment:

the Sox will open the season with Nava at 1B and Napoli at DH????????

I think its a possibility. Hes still running almost every day and is taking batting practice every day. Too early to tell...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Why put Nava at 1B?   Why not LF with Carp at 1B?

Not that either lineup promises much in the way of intimidation or defense...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

Seems to me that if Napoli is healthy, he plays 1b.  that is what he was signed to do.  Ortiz's injury means you need a DH.  No reason to move two guys when all you have to do is fill the DH position.  As to who the DH will be?  I've no idea.  It's still 3 weeks to go.  Carp has looked bat in the very few at bats I have seen him in.  Linares and Gomez have some decent stats at the plate, and Overbay is showing some improvement, according to Abrahams.  I actually like what I have seen of Maier and Nava.  But again, it's really early in the spring yet, and all I have seen is a few at bats. 

Pitchers have started to mix in their off-speed stuff and breaking pitches.  Now you start to see better which hitters are consistently fooled by the off-speed stuff.  The picture should clear up in the next few weeks.