How many Turkeys will Beckett eat on Thanksgiving?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

How many Turkeys will Beckett eat on Thanksgiving?

Just wondering. Thanks

CoolLaughingInnocentWink

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: How many Turkey's will Beckett eat on Thanksgiving?

lol

a lot no doubt - washed down with prolific amounts of Lone Star Beer....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I know. All through my 20's and early 30's I purposely did not pig out on this day because I was worried about gaining weight. I somehow doubt Beckett is not eating a deep fried turkey and an apple pie all to himself. 

I would bet $1,000 that he is pigging out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

The plural of turkey is turkeys.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: How many Turkeys will Beckett eat on Thanksgiving?

Really? lol.

When the hell is Josh going man up and admit he led the team down the drain? He has been my favorite pitcher since Schilling retired, and I am disappointed.

Meanwhile Dustin Pedroia continues to be the most important member on the team... outstanding man.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Didn't all seven starting pitchers have ERAs over 7.0 in September? Didn't Bard and Papelbon blow numerous saves down the stretch? Why scapegoat one player?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

pike apparently didnt watch any of the games in september when paps and bard were run ragged tring to make up for josh, lester, lackey, wake, and whomever's starts lasting 4 innings...it wasnt a team let down - it was a starting pitching letdown - stop trying to deflect blame on those responsible...our fat starters and our weak coach....Francona is gone and Beckett, being the ringleader of this travesty, needs to be shown the door....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

I'd take the over on 12 or thirteen  deep fat fried game hens as an appetizer(after all it IS Thanksgiving and the guy is a freakin' multimilionaire).  Along with heaping plates of fried clams onion rings and french fries.  He has to miss the fried fare at Popeyes after all!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

In Response to Re: How many Turkeys will Beckett eat on Thanksgiving?:
    Didn't all seven starting pitchers have ERAs over 7.0 in September? Didn't Bard and Papelbon blow numerous saves down the stretch? Why scapegoat one player?
    Posted by UticaClub

Yes but Wake was the very best of the bunch, just ask moon.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

How can a meal of Popeyes Bonafide (spicy or mild) ever compare to a super-sized Texan hormone induced deep fried Turkey?

I bet while the rest of us are feeling a tad sleepy at 6PM that Beckett is out like a light in the leather recliner.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: How many Turkey's will Beckett eat on Thanksgiving?:
    The plural of turkey is turkeys.
    Posted by UticaClub

The plural of troll is trolls.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

In Response to How many Turkeys will Beckett eat on Thanksgiving?:
    Just wondering. Thanks
    Posted by BurritoT

As many as he can shoot.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Posted by UticaClub

Agree that the entire pitching staff was awful in the month of September.  We would have made it to the playoffs if the pitching wasn't so disappointing.  Beckett wasn't the only problem. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from boss23. Show boss23's posts

In Response to How many Turkeys will Beckett eat on Thanksgiving?:
    Just wondering. Thanks
    Posted by BurritoT

Too funny!!!!!LOL

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Don't know if it means anything, but I heard a rumor that Beckett and Lackey bought the biggest turkey farm in Texas.
    Posted by davetheknave

Huh. How about that. I'm shocked that Jerry Jones would sell after spending all that on the new stadium.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

He can swallow a half bottle of laxative pills & minimize the damage.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

pike apparently didnt watch any of the games in september when paps and bard were run ragged tring to make up for josh, lester, lackey, wake, and whomever's starts lasting 4 innings...it wasnt a team let down - it was a starting pitching letdown - stop trying to deflect blame on those responsible...our fat starters and our weak coach....Francona is gone and Beckett, being the ringleader of this travesty, needs to be shown the door....
    Posted by georom4

I blamed it on the starters and the relievers. It is also a fact that Agon and Papi hit terribly vs. TB and NY during the stretch. The collapse was a team effort but you hate to admit that since you can't troll very well with naming 25 scapegoats instead of a few. The opposite of your strategy would be to attribute winning a WS trophy on two or three players when in fact it is normally a team effort. However that is when someone will step in and start a thread titled " No Manny, No RINGS". Those types on nonsensical threads always do well here.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

In Response to Re: How many Turkeys will Beckett eat on Thanksgiving? : I blamed it on the starters and the relievers. It is also a fact that Agon and Papi hit terribly vs. TB and NY during the stretch. The collapse was a team effort but you hate to admit that since you can't troll very well with naming 25 scapegoats instead of a few. The opposite of your strategy would be to attribute winning a WS trophy on two or three players when in fact it is normally a team effort. However that is when someone will step in and start a thread titled " No Manny, No RINGS". Those types on nonsensical threads always do well here.
    Posted by UticaClub

You are right, plenty of blame to go around, but winning begins with starting pitching, and these guys didn't even seem like they were trying down the stretch. The hitters couldn't be expected to slug out a win every day.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

I have no idea how many "Josh the Nosh" ate on Thanksgiving. However I would be willing to bet a substantial amount of money that a) He could care less what the Boston Red Sox fan base or the Boston Media thinks of him. b) He will never accept any responsibility for his Sept. performance or ridonkulous clubhouse antics (see point a)) c) He is partying very hardy, hunting with drinking buddies, going to country and western venues getting stumblin-mumblin drunk with drinking buddies, lazing around his house watching his flabby abs grow, chugging shots and playing video games with his drinking buddies and all the while hasn't given one iota of thought to working out or how to get better for next season.

I hate that we need his services next year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

I have no idea how many "Josh the Nosh" ate on Thanksgiving. However I would be willing to bet a substantial amount of money that a) He could care less what the Boston Red Sox fan base or the Boston Media thinks of him. b) He will never accept any responsibility for his Sept. performance or ridonkulous clubhouse antics (see point a)) c) He is partying very hardy, hunting with drinking buddies, going to country and western venues getting stumblin-mumblin drunk with drinking buddies, lazing around his house watching his flabby abs grow, chugging shots and playing video games with his drinking buddies and all the while hasn't given one iota of thought to working out or how to get better for next season. I hate that we need his services next year.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: How many Turkeys will Beckett eat on Thanksgiving? :
    Posted by UticaClub

Pike, if I didn't know better, I'd say you were trying to imitate my game thread posting style with these clever pictures you've been posting.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

Josh is sveldt and fit, having gained four pounds of muscle and lost six pounds of body fat. He had a weight-watchers portion of turkey, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, stuffing and one roll with no butter. He did wash it down with a Bud Light and feasted on a small slice of pumpkin pie for dessert.

He then threw sixty pitches, ran five miles and pushed steel around his private gym for ninety minutes.

Santa told me...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

Popeye's was running  a Turkey Day special       deep fried 12 lb. Cajun Turkey  with  6 biscuits and  3 sides  for $33.99...  $38.99 at stores that also sell Miller Light.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I heard Josh is still "sleeping off" his meal.

Sections
Shortcuts