How MLB's new replay policy will work

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

How MLB's new replay policy will work

This is from http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

The new replay policy will allow managers to ask for replay reviews in a style that is similar to the NFL's challenge system. Managers will have three challenges -- one in the first six innings of the game and two beyond that. Under the new system, which will be phased in starting next season, 89 percent of plays will be deemed reviewable. Should a manager exhaust his three challenges, the umpiring crew can still convene to conduct their own review of a questionable home run.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: How MLB's new replay policy will work

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

The new replay policy will allow managers to ask for replay reviews in a style that is similar to the NFL's challenge system. Managers will have three challenges -- one in the first six innings of the game and two beyond that. Under the new system, which will be phased in starting next season, 89 percent of plays will be deemed reviewable. Should a manager exhaust his three challenges, the umpiring crew can still convene to conduct their own review of a questionable home run.

alright, i'm telling you RIGHT NOW....if they review more than two plays during ANY Sunday night Yanks/Sox game...i'm going to hurt somebody!! YellTongue Out

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

When it is raining really hard, will managers be able to challenge whether they should have a rain delay or postponement?

If a pitcher takes too long between pitches, can a manager challenge and make him hurry it up?

If a batter calls timeout too many times , can a manager challenge that?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    ]alright, i'm telling you RIGHT NOW....if they review more than two plays during ANY Sunday night Yanks/Sox game...i'm going to hurt somebody!! YellTongue Out

LOL jeet

sounds like it's worth trying

speaking of hurting someone

just can't stop wondering if there going to be more injuries at 2nd  & 3rd

kind of ironic considering they are pretty close to banning HP collisions

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

Will the maager keep a red flag in his sock? Just think a manager comes out screaming at ump trying to pul his red flag from  his sock....trips and falls      

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

All in all,I think it's a good idea.I'm sure we've all seen horrible calls in the field that could have been overturned with replay.

Zack also got me wondering how this is going to affect "Neighborhood" plays?If they're going to more closely scrutinized,there's going to be quite a few less double plays.The SS and 2nd baseman are going to have to make the adjustments to get on the bag for plays instead of just near it. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

to initiate a replay review the requesting manager will need to storm on to the field and kick dirt onto homeplate.  This will need to be done prior to the next pitch.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Great, now the Red Sox vs. Yankees games will be at least five hours long.    LOL

Sections
Shortcuts