HOW PAPI GOT HIS JUICE BACK!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

HOW PAPI GOT HIS JUICE BACK!

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/red-sox/post/_/id/10875/papis-hitting-fastballs-like-its-2007-again

INTERESTING article about how papi is once again dominating the fastball as he did nack in his prime including 2007. pap has said ginzo reminds him of a young papi. he may want to revise that a bit to "just himself". papi could be gonzo in june. last year he hit 10hrs in may, could get in a similar tear again. unfortunately, craw who was great aginst fastballs last year is one of the worse in all of baseball regardless of location. hopefully papi can help him find juice as well.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1for89. Show 1for89's posts

Re: HOW PAPI GOT HIS JUICE BACK!

Juice is right.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

hey CC, boy. that's a loaded thread title you got there....Tongue outWink

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Starting off so well is a great sign. If he finishes like 2009 and 2010, we could be looking at awesome final numbers.

I'd love to see 120+ RBIs from the 5 slot.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Morning Moon, from what i see, he can still square one up...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

before anybody even starts with the milkshake ped crap! don't even bother to go there. papi has shown that his hard work over the winter, along with watching hours upon hours of film and making the right adjustments, he has gone back in time to his 07 form. he has stated many times that he is really trying to show consistant discipline at the plate and to stop chasing balls out of the strike zone and especially stay away from breaking stuff. a combo of papi,gonzo and youk along with a couple from JD and this team will be a killah threat for the long ball!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

Must be the milkshakes.......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

LOL..Babe, i knew you wouldn't pass this one up...Tongue out

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Of course, in this post-drug-frenzy era, we can't rule out the milkshakes bringing the boys to the yard.  But, I think Papi's work on taking what he is given and using opposite field has completely reoriented him psychologically.  His better plate coverage is allowing him a plethora of options for how he can get a hit, not just waiting on that one elsusive fastball that is over the plate.  Consequently, pitchers don't have as much of a comfort zone where they can pitch him.  Consequently, he isn't overswinging on the high/tight cheese (His seemingly slower bat speed had more to do with timing than actual erosion of physical skills).  Consequently he is working deeper into favorable counts.  He is a hitter again, not just a slugger.  Ironically, he is slugging all the better for not trying to be a slugger.  Go figure.  Any way you chip it, I love watching the rennaisance of Big Papi.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Hmmmmm, Papi is hitting like it's 2007 again.  I wonder if there was anything that happened after 2007 that could have impacted the Big Man.

I figure that there are certain times that getting a little help from, say, a milkshake makes more sense than other times.  If a player has just signed a big contract, then taking a banned substance could get them suspended for 1/3rd of the season if they got caught, costing them millions of dollars.  And since they already have a guarranteed contract, not drinking the milkshake has little or no impact on the player financially.  Drinking milkshakes after signing a big contract can only cost the player money.

But, if the player is in the last year of his contract, not drinking milkshakes can cost the player millions.  A player batting .330 is going to get paid a lot more than someone hitting 270 (right Jorge?).

For example, if Tek were hitting .300, there'd be no question about whether the Sox should bring him back and at substantially more money than he's currently getting paid.  If Tek were hitting .300 with good power numbers, he could command Posada money ($14 million).  He currently makes $2 million.  Tek on Milkshakes could make $12 million more that he currently does.  And if he got caught, he'd lose $600,000.  Is it worth risking $600,000 for a chance to make $12 million?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maddog2020. Show maddog2020's posts

If it is the milkshakes then give some to pedroia and crawford.
    I think Jason Giambi is back on the milkshakes too.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

hey MD..with Giambi....it's the stache'.....Tongue out

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I think the word "juice" could have been avoided.