How Pedro Ciriaco Saved Season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Middlebrooks. Show Middlebrooks's posts

How Pedro Ciriaco Saved Season

The Dominican Flash shares a first name with one of the greatest players in Red Sox history, his last name means nothing to baseball historians, but everythng to the RSN. Inserted into the line-up after damaging AAA pitching all season, and leap-frogging highly touted phenom/bust Jose Iglesias, Ciriaco has emerged as the most unlikely savoir of the season. If not for an over the head flyball to Curtis Granderson and a first pitch muscle flare to RF in the Bronx, the Sox would have been agressive sellers at the trade deadline.
     Beyond the luck, baseball is after all a game of inches, and while Granderson is not always the most fluid center defenders in the Majors, he almost had that drive in his glove, there is something almost electric about Ciriaco's game that matches his toothy grin. He possesses and instinct for the ball while gloveside and a determination for success while batside, unmatched around these parts since the Energizer Bunny.
     His biggest fan maybe his manager, Bobby V, has always found a way to insert a guy into his line-ups who play bigger than their profiles (think Benny Agbayani a 30th round pick) and Bobby's faith has been paying off in spades and runs. No one around here projected the Sox stringing together three laser fast baserunners to tilt the balance in their direction and put undue pressure on pitchers. With Pedro 9th, Ellsbury 1st and Crawford 2nd, it gives the Sox three of a kind that can beat a full house.
     After the escape from NY,( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escape_from_New_York) the Sox find themselves with a 4 game winning streak that has propelled them back into the race, and has insured that the band will stay together,(http://www.evtv1.com/player.aspx?itemnum=9011)  and perhaps finally reach it's potential.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: How Pedro Ciriaco Saved Season

OP a little over the top, but you have to like Ciriaco.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

I love this kid!  I hope he keeps it up.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

He's built nothing like him, but Pedro is starting to remind me a little of Orlando Cabrera back in '04. Excellent glove and a timely stick.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I have a tendency to look back at things that should have happened sooner than later--a seemingly constant thing with the Sox organization--waiting way too long to make decisions that even us folks here know is the right call weeks to months in advance. Ciriaco at DH was troubling to me, batting 2nd. I find it almost sad that it took Aviles getting turftoe for BV to finally insert Ciriaco at SS and bat him down in the order where he can be more effective. Anyway, glad he's sparking the team and maybe the OP is right--he's certainly added that life to a dugout that lacked it. Could also be a criticism of Ortiz that the Sox are on this streak without him. Ortiz comes off a bit selfish, but usually was the fun-loving type guy who lightened the clubhouse mood. Ciriaco is a breathe of fresh air. With that said about Big Papi, I can't wait for him to take over the No. 3 hole again. The team could really go bonkers on offense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Middlebrooks. Show Middlebrooks's posts

In Response to Re: How Pedro Ciriaco Saved Season:
    In Response to How Pedro Ciriaco Saved Season : Great post, Youk/Brooks......  Refreshing to see how the game is played !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806

Thanks Billy me boy, how's Dad like Mr. C?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

OP a little over the top, but you have to like Ciriaco.
    Posted by maxbialystock

You have to like Ciriaco, and I do.  But you have to love his BABIP, and I do.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In Response to How Pedro Ciriaco Saved Season:
     The Dominican Flash shares a first name with one of the greatest players in Red Sox history, his last name means nothing to baseball historians, but everythng to the RSN. Inserted into the line-up after damaging AAA pitching all season, and leap-frogging highly touted phenom/bust Jose Iglesias, Ciriaco has emerged as the most unlikely savoir of the season. If not for an over the head flyball to Curtis Granderson and a first pitch muscle flare to RF in the Bronx, the Sox would have been agressive sellers at the trade deadline.  Beyond the luck, baseball is after all a game of inches, and while Granderson is not always the most fluid center defenders in the Majors, he almost had that drive in his glove, there is something almost electric about Ciriaco's game that matches his toothy grin. He possesses and instinct for the ball while gloveside and a determination for success while batside, unmatched around these parts since the Energizer Bunny.  His biggest fan maybe his manager, Bobby V, has always found a way to insert a guy into his line-ups who play bigger than their profiles (think Benny Agbayani a 30th round pick) and Bobby's faith has been paying off in spades and runs. No one around here projected the Sox stringing together three laser fast baserunners to tilt the balance in their direction and put undue pressure on pitchers. With Pedro 9th, Ellsbury 1st and Crawford 2nd, it gives the Sox three of a kind that can beat a full house.  After the escape from NY,( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escape_from_New_York ) the Sox find themselves with a 4 game winning streak that has propelled them back into the race, and has insured that the band will stay together, ( http://www.evtv1.com/player.aspx?itemnum=9011 )  and perhaps finally reach it's potential.
    Posted by Middlebrooks

you only have 6 posts..please try again

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Middlebrooks. Show Middlebrooks's posts

In Response to How Pedro Ciriaco Saved Season : you only have 6 posts..please try again
    Posted by georom4

GEO, it's me YOUKILLUS20, of the 3000 posts...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

midd...lol  jk....i hear that a lot on this boArd..just mocking that...i tend to agree w/your thesis - it might be the turning point of the season...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Middlebrooks. Show Middlebrooks's posts

midd...lol  jk....i hear that a lot on this boArd..just mocking that...i tend to agree w/your thesis - it might be the turning point of the season...
    Posted by georom4

Not only the turning point, but he changed the fates for many players, we were one loss in NY from being the Phillies...

Sections
Shortcuts