how PEDY = JACKIE ROBINSON!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

how PEDY = JACKIE ROBINSON!

"Since Major League Baseball first handed out the rookie of the year award in 1947, there have been only two players to win the rookie of the year, MVP and a World Series title while playing second base for the same team -- Jackie Robinson and Dustin Pedroia"..ESPN

wow! some heady company..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: how PEDY = JACKIE ROBINSON!

The = sign is wrong. Pedey is not equal to Jackie. He may have some similarities but no one will be the equal of Jackie.

LOVE my  Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

comparing him to JR would infer that DP has some social significance as a player...he doesn't unless you want to stretch out the truth and compare being short to being black in Jim Crow days...

As always - 100% correct!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Dude....did you even ever see Jackie Robinson play?

I didn't.

This reminds me of all those idiotic comparisons between Robinson Cano and Rod Carew. Both secondbasemen , both African American, both have the initials RC. After that the comparison starts getting hazy. How many batting titles has Cano got?....Cano has more power, but Carew never swung for the fences anyway he was perhaps the greatest hitter ever who hit relatively few HRs.

"All the president is, is a glorified public relations man who spends his time flattering, kissing and kicking people to get them to do what they are supposed to do anyway." - Harry S. Truman

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Pedey broke down barriers for Hobbits everywhere.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

I didn't.

This reminds me of all those idiotic comparisons between Robinson Cano and Rod Carew. Both secondbasemen , both African American, both have the initials RC. After that the comparison starts getting hazy. How many batting titles has Cano got?....Cano has more power, but Carew never swung for the fences anyway he was perhaps the greatest hitter ever who hit relatively few HRs.

"All the president is, is a glorified public relations man who spends his time flattering, kissing and kicking people to get them to do what they are supposed to do anyway." - Harry S. Truman

Hey Zill Carew was revered where ever he played. Yet a Boston player was villified for doing the same thing Carew did. Boggs was villified by fans for not hitting more HRs even before some of his miss steps. 2 guys who IMHO have different feelings for their home fans deespite every thing one did.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

[QUOTE]

I didn't.

Hey Zill Carew was revered where ever he played. Yet a Boston player was villified for doing the same thing Carew did. Boggs was villified by fans for not hitting more HRs even before some of his miss steps. 2 guys who IMHO have different feelings for their home fans deespite every thing one did.

[/QUOTE]

Boggs is somewhat disliked for being a lousy human being.  Carew, I don't really know. Both great hitters on the field. Boggs has swung and missed alot off the field. Especially when he states that his number should be retired in Boston.What kind of person toots his own horn like this  ( well, in football, probably plenty, I am sure....but I don't bother with that circus called the NFL , anymore)?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

I didn't.

Carew could wake up at 3am and still slash one down the LF line... 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:

"Since Major League Baseball first handed out the rookie of the year award in 1947, there have been only two players to win the rookie of the year, MVP and a World Series title while playing second base for the same team -- Jackie Robinson and Dustin Pedroia"..ESPN

One of the many pointless stats out there, and wrong.

Jackie Robinson was at 1B when he won ROY.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

The OP is not saying Pedroia is equal to Robinson.  Read the thresd title again.  Keyword: "how"

Also, he appears to be citing ESPN as a source, so any erroneous informstion is on them.

And really, it is just a little bit of baseball trivia that hss nothing to do with Robinson's impact on the game.  Just baseball, folks.

If I were to say Pedroia is one of two players in MLB history to win ROY, MVP, a Gold Glove and a Silver Slugger in the first two years of his career, am I saying Pedroia = Ichiro?  Or just giving more trivia?

“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me. Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”

-Shel Silverstein

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to greenwellforpresident's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If you take 2B out of it, you can add Cal Ripken to this list. It doesn't make the company less prestigious...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

In response to notin's comment:

In response to greenwellforpresident's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
     If you take 2B out of it, you can add Cal Ripken to this list. It doesn't make the company less prestigious...

[/QUOTE]

I wasn't trying to say anything against the poster.  You just look at people who won ROY and MVP and it's a fairly prestigious list (see below).  Adding things like played 2B, won a world series title and played for the same team is just a means to reduce the list size with things that are irrelevant or somewhat out of the players control.

Dustin Pedroia 2007 2008

Ryan Howard 2005 2006

Ichiro Suzuki 2001 2001

Albert Pujols 2001 2005

Jeff Bagwell 1991 1994

Jose Canseco 1982 1988

Cal Ripken, Jr. 1982 1983

Andre Dawson 1977 1987

Fred Lynn 1975 1975

Thurman Munson 1970 1976

Johnny Bench 1968 1970

Rod Carew 1967 1976