how soon before BAILEY is the CLOSA?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: how soon before BAILEY is the CLOSA?

All last year I defended Bailey while most on here said how bad he was. Now that he is healthy people are all going to go "why isn't Bailey going to close"?

Part of the entertainment of this board.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

ouch Hanrahan.  5 runs in less than 1 inning was just bad..  

Uehara was pumped up again last night after his outing.  love this guy.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Right now, baby!  Then as soon as Bailey has a bad game, somebody else.  When that somebody else has a bad game, somebody else.  Ad impatiens.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Not anytime soon, considering Sox lost to 2 consecutive blown calls. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

If Hanny gives up too many long balls, Bailey will be the man. He should be anyway.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Koolga. Show Koolga's posts

Sorry, Hanrahan was good in the 1st game he saved, ok in the next one, but not good in the last 2 he's pitched in.  I hope I'm wrong, but I see him having a really bad year and by the end of May, someone else will be closing.

Might have had some blown calls by Ump, but he still needs to deal with it.  Especailly being a closer.

He might not have what it takes to be in the Boston spotlight.

If Miller keeps up what he's doing, he might be a contender to close, along with Bailey.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Koolga's comment:

Sorry, Hanrahan was good in the 1st game he saved, ok in the next one, but not good in the last 2 he's pitched in.  I hope I'm wrong, but I see him having a really bad year and by the end of May, someone else will be closing.

Might have had some blown calls by Ump, but he still needs to deal with it.  Especailly being a closer.

He might not have what it takes to be in the Boston spotlight.

If Miller keeps up what he's doing, he might be a contender to close, along with Bailey.

Hes been known to get a little wild and give up a few walks and HR's. Honestly didnt understand the deal when they got him other than they were hoping bailey didnt get hurt again. That move was one of my head scratchers.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Miller isn't going to close. once Breslow comes back Miller will be pitching in the 5th inning.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Miller isn't going to close. once Breslow comes back Miller will be pitching in the 5th inning.

I agree...Miller is NOT a closer.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

speaking of closers, we have 3 pther if needed.  Other than Hanrahan, our 3 late inning guys are looking strong.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

It took Uehara just 12 pitches to finish one inning.  Last week, it took him just five pitches to finish an inning.  

Great pick up by the Red Sox.    

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

I am not doubting our current closer but just like Drew the Red Sox over-aquired with Hanrahan. 2 short-stops and 2 closers.

I understand with Drew, but Hanrahan? not so much. Unless they thought Bailey would fall on his thumb again. Other than that hes a ROY 2 time AS closer.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

I have been and continue to be skeptical of Hanrahan...I think I posted in one of the preseason prediction threads that Bailey would retake the closer job at some point.

It's very early...Hanrahan looked good in his first three appearances, but very hittable in this series so far. Last night's game was like a bad memory from the Great Bullpen Crisis of April 2012, and it could have been Aceves or Mark Melancon on the mound. It's only one game...but what a game.

I guess we'll see. It sure looks like it's a little too early still to start singing the praises of this bullpen, however.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

I am not doubting our current closer but just like Drew the Red Sox over-aquired with Hanrahan. 2 short-stops and 2 closers.

I understand with Drew, but Hanrahan? not so much. Unless they thought Bailey would fall on his thumb again. Other than that hes a ROY 2 time AS closer.

I didn't understand the acquisition either...maybe they were concerned about Bailey returning to health and previous form, but he sure looks good so far.

I suppose it's nice to have two certifiable closers in the bullpen (to say nothing of Uehara, Taz, and the others). Last year we just had a quasi-closer who is certifiable...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

It took Uehara just 12 pitches to finish one inning.  Last week, it took him just five pitches to finish an inning.  

Would Sox sign him to multi year deal? 2 yr  10M deal before the season end sounds reasonable if Uehara cruises.  

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Right now , I have more faith in Bailey, Tazawa and Uehara than I do in Hanrahan. Hanrahan throws hard , but his lack of control is not what you are looking for in a closer.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to emp9's comment:

Blaming the umpires is as old as the hills. They miss calls. So what? The team lost the game, not the umpires. Hanrahan was atrocious and while I am not ready to throw him under the bus yet, if he cannot close out games consistently there is another closer waiting to give it a try. I still do not trust the pitching on this team. The have stunk for the past several years and I do not see a significant upgrade. IMO they have a lot to prove.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Would Sox sign him to multi year deal? 2 yr  10M deal before the season end sounds reasonable if Uehara cruises.  

Hello seannybboi    :)

Sounds reasonable to me too.  Uehara is the complete opposite of Dice-K.    LOL

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to emp9's comment:

Blaming the umpires is as old as the hills. They miss calls. So what? The team lost the game, not the umpires. Hanrahan was atrocious and while I am not ready to throw him under the bus yet, if he cannot close out games consistently there is another closer waiting to give it a try. I still do not trust the pitching on this team. The have stunk for the past several years and I do not see a significant upgrade. IMO they have a lot to prove.

House of Cards.  Eh... I'm over it. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

he looks like the guy we traded the jed lowrie for. expected and invested a lot. hanrahan reminds me a lot of bibby jenks in his demeanor and girth. the knock on him was that he had frequent bouts of wildness. now in pitt that can b overlooked in boston and the al, that can b a killa.. teams will just wait u out, umps will just wait u out. hitters will force u into a meatball or 2. he will b lights out in his next 2 apps.. the issue reallly is how long can he go between stinkers! hope its long but wouldnt shock me that if by the all star break, by design or default (injury), he's outta there..

Not as fast as it took you to start crying............Dam ! What is wrong with people. Hope you don't have kids..... Grow up !!!!