How to Fix the team

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3994021. Show user_3994021's posts

How to Fix the team

I know it is kind of a dream scenario, but hear me out. This is how I think the Red Sox should fix the team.

#1- Trade Any couple prospects, Iglesias, and Dubront for Stanton and Escobar

This hinges on the Marlins even being willing to trade Stanton at all, or if they would even want any of our players. They would most likely want Xander, and they could dump Yunel Escobar's salary and we have him play SS for the next couple years. Stanton could man left field to carry on the great LF tradition. I know you want great youth, but Staton is PROVEN youth with many years left under control. But again, the Marlins would have to want to deal.

#2- Sign Josh Hamilton

Sox have the money, it is just are they willing to take the risk and the years? His talent is undeniable, so I think you take the chance on such a player. He can man right field and maybe take over at DH when Papi has left in a few years. Try to sign him for higher money per year for a shorter contract hopefully. Pray he stays healthy

#3- Sign Marcum

Sox still would have the money. Marcum wouldn't be THAT expensive, and is one of the better pitching options out there.

#4- Trade Salty and maybe a throw in prospect for Gavin Floyd

Not sure if the White Sox go for this, but he has 1 year left on his contract.

Lineup:

1- Ellsbury - CF

2- Pedroia - 2B

3- Hamilton- RF

4- Stanton- LF

5- Ortiz- DH

6. Napoli- 1B

7. Middlebrooks- 3B

8. Escobar- SS

9. Lavarnway/Ross- C

That is a lineup with some good boom, and could certainly compete with the best in the AL East.

Pitchers:

Lester

Buccholz

Marcum

Lackey

Floyd

Not the best rotation, but I think they could hold their own and its one of the better options at the moment.

What do you guys think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: How to Fix the team

Pefect linup but it's just out of reach.  There are 20 other threads with same lineup but you will only get bashed from others.  You might wanna prepare youself for some harsh words from.. you know those guys... 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3994021. Show user_3994021's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

Pefect linup but it's just out of reach.  There are 20 other threads with same lineup but you will only get bashed from others.  You might wanna prepare youself for some harsh words from.. you know those guys... 

Yeah, I figured it would probably happen. I don't know all the proposed lineups and fixes people have thrown out, just thought some might be interested in discussing this line of options. It is nice to at least think of the possibility to having such a team

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

I think the Sox have the prospects to Pull it off. the Marlins would have to like it. Unfortunately then, Selig would have to like it too, apparently. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In response to user_3994021's comment:

Yeah, I figured it would probably happen. I don't know all the proposed lineups and fixes people have thrown out, just thought some might be interested in discussing this line of options. It is nice to at least think of the possibility to having such a team

Sox have pretty good farm.  But the Mets recently have asked JBJ and Xander for Dickey.  I know they are not being serious but Stanton would probably cost alot more than that.  I'm not sure we could afford to lose 4-5 top prospects for 1 player just because he's ML rpoven youth.  Marlins will be asking most of our top 5 after getting hammered by media and fans after that mega trade with the Jays.  Marlins fans probably won't be happy even with boat load of prospects in return.  Only bright side for Stanton trade rumor is that he's not happy with the team.  We might have to send Xander, Barnes, JBJ, Lavarnway (or Brentz), and Webster for Stanton and some of their salary dump.  Stanton would certainly give us more than 30-35HRs 100 RBIs in our lineup and even more with the protection of Ortiz.  But from what we might have to give up, our prospects potentially might produce alot more than Stanton himself.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Hamilton and the Rangers making progress on 4 yr deal reported on mlbtraderumors.com

Hamilton would be stupid to go back to the Rangers after all those things Ryan said about him.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Hamilton and the Rangers making progress on 4 yr deal reported on mlbtraderumors.com

Hamilton would be stupid to go back to the Rangers after all those things Ryan said about him.   

It's all about the money at this point. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Love that lineup. I've heard the rumors that Stanton isnt available, but I'm thinking: if we blew them away w/ 5 top prospects, wouldnt they have to consider it. They are no where near competing and are getting 5 top minor leaguers for a malcontent.

Offer:

Barnes, Webster, Owens, Bretz, Bradley.

That doesnt work , up the offer to:

Barnes, Webster, Owens, Brentz, Boegarts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

That doesnt fix the red sox, it creates the best lineup ever.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

I just think Hamilton is too scare to change scenery by playing for a newly team.   So far he is not getting any 7 years offer, best thing he can do is just stay in Texas and play for the Rangers.  I do not think Hamilton care what Ryan have said about him lately!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3994021. Show user_3994021's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

That doesnt fix the red sox, it creates the best lineup ever.

That is what I am thinking. I mean that is a super-talent team, and it is doable! Would you have to take a big risk on Hamilton? Of course. But big risk can be big reward. There is zero chance of getting that level of production if you don't get him.

Would you have to give up tons of prospects to get Stanton? Of course. But instead of what-ifs you get a sure superstar.

Would you rather play it safe and maybe see if we can sign someone instead of Hamilton down the line, or maybe those prospects will pan out down the line? Or would you rather take that leap and take a chance with this lineup? I just wish it was a realistic thing to hope for the Red Sox to do

Sections
Shortcuts