Hows that DEFENSE going to look..........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Hows that DEFENSE going to look..........

Around the world whe the armed services is cut to PRE-WORLD WAR II status ?????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Hows that DEFENSE going to look..........

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Who needs all the soldiers and stuff when you can just use drones to kill indiscrimantly?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Bogey won't be as good as Drew last year, but we should be the same or better every where else.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bogey won't be as good as Drew last year, but we should be the same or better every where else.

[/QUOTE]

Cue the Ellsbury D debate

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Up two flights, you're in the wrong section.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Sometimes the TOP PAID outfielders aren't the best defenders.

I think we will still have a GG outfield here in the U.S. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You see they now have these things called jet airplanes and nuclear powered submarines and interncontinental missiles. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sometimes the TOP PAID outfielders aren't the best defenders.

I think we will still have a GG outfield here in the U.S. 

[/QUOTE]

+1

How about a bit less of the Yankees' philosophy and more of the Rays' when it comes to defense.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to JoseLaguna's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Yankee OF defense of going to be formidable in coming years with Gardner and Ellsbury signed long term. What will the payroll be in 2015 with ARod coming back and Gardner getting $12 mil?

[/QUOTE]

yankees will have a high payroll

what an astute  observation pike

they should have a high payroll

last time I looked

nyyfans pay the 2nd highest prices

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I've heard Sizemore is looking good in ST.He's been splitting time between left and center and Farrell is saying he's going full speed in the field and on the bases. 

Considering he hasn't played since 2011,it'll be interesting to see how he does in Thursday's first ST game.He could be a huge pick up if he's anywhere near the level he used to play at. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I love how Bill started this thread in response to what he probably saw on Fake news today and it is turning into a legitimate conversation about our defense.

I'm definitely interested in seeing how the youngsters do.  I have a feeling JBJ and victorino can be really special playing next to each other.

Imagine if Sizemore stays healthy and forces himself into a starting role and JBJ hits the ground running?  Sizemore/JBJ/Victorino. You're going to have to hit the ball off the wall to get a hit in Fenway.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

I love how Bill started this thread in response to what he probably saw on Fake news today and it is turning into a legitimate conversation about our defense.

I'm definitely interested in seeing how the youngsters do.  I have a feeling JBJ and victorino can be really special playing next to each other.

Imagine if Sizemore stays healthy and forces himself into a starting role and JBJ hits the ground running?  Sizemore/JBJ/Victorino. You're going to have to hit the ball off the wall to get a hit in Fenway.

[/QUOTE]dad & b-806 concur.....  Nava has a bad neck (a cue from day to day Clay) .... All kinds of opportunity in that outfield !!!     BTW, Fake news ???  I think not !!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Drew was playing out of his mind on defense.  Bogey does not have to be as good with the glove, just good. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to crowtrobot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]dad & b-806 concur.....  Nava has a bad neck (a cue from day to day Clay) .... All kinds of opportunity in that outfield !!!     BTW, Fake news ???  I think not !!

[/QUOTE]

I'm sure most on this board would agree with that, SFB.

[/QUOTE]   S F B        ?????????

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] as a fan who always roots for the kids, i hope Bradley makes the most of this shot  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] can i take Softy's place on this one?? :-)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] as a fan who always roots for the kids, i hope Bradley makes the most of this shot  

[/QUOTE]

I doubt JBJ or even Boggie spend time in the minors. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to steven11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I doubt JBJ or even Boggie spend time in the minors. 

[/QUOTE] i don't think so either, in Bogaerts' case...so far by every indication, Andruw Jones is right about him..

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm sure most on this board would agree with that, SFB.

[/QUOTE]   S F B        ?????????

[/QUOTE]

A brown, odorous substance that replaces grey matter.

[/QUOTE]CROWFOOT......   BDC really needs to take you to task ...... Your immaturity is really showing here !!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

The entire left side may be a concern.  Boggy is decent but will not be as good as Drew.  Let's be realistic right now with WMB....he IS a below average defender.  I wouldn't mind seeing him shift to the outfield to be honest....I think he could be a solid LF'r and am shocked that more here do not want to see that happen.  Nava and Gomes are also a bit below average based on their range.  The rest of the defense is very strong.  I think more balls will drop in without Ells in there but I think JBJ can hold more runners on with his arm so it MIGHT be a wash (not too comfortable with it though due to inexperience but JBJ from everything I have seen or read is a plus defender.)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

The entire left side may be a concern.  Boggy is decent but will not be as good as Drew.  Let's be realistic right now with WMB....he IS a below average defender.  I wouldn't mind seeing him shift to the outfield to be honest....I think he could be a solid LF'r and am shocked that more here do not want to see that happen.  Nava and Gomes are also a bit below average based on their range.  The rest of the defense is very strong.  I think more balls will drop in without Ells in there but I think JBJ can hold more runners on with his arm so it MIGHT be a wash (not too comfortable with it though due to inexperience but JBJ from everything I have seen or read is a plus defender.)

Boggy does not have to be as good as drew.  Chances are that wherever Drew ends up, that he will not be as good as he was last year.

Even the biggest jacoby fans don't think there will be much of a change in the outfield.  JBJ plays center field very well and if you have doubts, then you never saw him play.  JBJ has issues stealing but he still gets the pitcher's attention when on first.  Possibly just one ball got over JBJ's head last year.  That was when he was called up when the sox were at Yankee Stadium.  Some said that even Willie Mays wasn't getting that one.

Middy is another one you haven't seen play live if you think he is below average.  Possibly the numbers are in your favor but he covers a lot of ground and gets the ball over to first with ease. If he should falter the sox have Garin Cecchini ready to go.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] can i take Softy's place on this one?? :-)

[/QUOTE]

I don't think you can.  Literally.  Like you can't. Like you woukld be unable. Softy has more vitriol and mean-spirited judgement in the index finger he types with than you have in your whole body.