http://nesn.com/2012/11/report-marlins-wanted-will-middlebrooks-felix-doubront-xander-bogaerts-in-discussions-for-jose-reyes-josh-johnson/

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Would you do it?

Heck no way!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

And Marlins asked for who from the Jays???? If I'm giving up WMB, Bogaerts and Doubront, I'm taking JJ, Reyes, AND Stanton and their top prospect.  How in da hell did Jays give up so few???

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

And Marlins asked for who from the Jays???? If I'm giving up WMB, Bogaerts and Doubront, I'm taking JJ, Reyes, AND Stanton and their top prospect.  How in da hell did Jays give up so few???

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

If that is true, glad we passed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to seabeachfred's comment:

agree. Just got an emailed Sox bleacher report. Sox were in the discussion for Johnson and Reyes. Wanted the player mentioned. Walk on by.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

Would you do it?

Heck no way!

HA  Ha Ha Ha ..........Funiest post of the year  ......By Far !!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Would you do it?

Heck no way!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Would you do it?

Heck no way!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Would you do it?

Heck no way!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

The Blue Jays gave up a load.

Compare the 2012 stats for Henderson Alvarez and Felix Doubront (who is 2 1/2 years older than Alvarez):

Alvarez 31 GS, 187.1 IP, 4.85 ERA, 1.44 WHIP, 88 ERA+

Doubront 29 GS, 161 IP, 4.86 ERA, 1.44 WHIP, 89 ERA+

Outfielder Jake Marisnick entered the 2012 season as Baseball America's 67th-ranked prospect while thirdbaseman Will Middlebrooks entered the season as the 51st-ranked prospects. Their stocks headed is different directions this year but Marisnick, who is 2 1/2 years younger, may have more room for development.

Twenty-year-old pitcher Justin Nicolino ranks 20th on John Sickels' recently released list of Top 50 pitching prospects. To provide perspective, Matt Barnes ranked 18th, Allen Webster 40th and Henry Owens 49th.

Shortstop Adeiny Hechavarria has a decent glove and a better bat than Jose Iglesias, who is only nine months younger than Hechavarria.

Pitcher Anthony DeSchlafani is the rough righthanded equvalent of Red Sox pitching prospect Miguel Pena.

On top of that, the Blue Jays threw in established shortstop Yunel Escobar, whose career WAR of 18.7 includes three seasons at 3.6 or above.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

The Blue Jays gave up a load.

Compare the 2012 stats for Henderson Alvarez and Felix Doubront (who is 2 1/2 years older than Alvarez):

Alvarez 31 GS, 187.1 IP, 4.85 ERA, 1.44 WHIP, 88 ERA+

Doubront 29 GS, 161 IP, 4.86 ERA, 1.44 WHIP, 89 ERA+

Outfielder Jake Marisnick entered the 2012 season as Baseball America's 67th-ranked prospect while thirdbaseman Will Middlebrooks entered the season as the 51st-ranked prospects. Their stocks headed is different directions this year but Marisnick, who is 2 1/2 years younger, may have more room for development.

Twenty-year-old pitcher Justin Nicolino ranks 20th on John Sickels' recently released list of Top 50 pitching prospects. To provide perspective, Matt Barnes ranked 18th, Allen Webster 40th and Henry Owens 49th.

Shortstop Adeiny Hechavarria has a decent glove and a better bat than Jose Iglesias, who is only nine months younger than Hechavarria.

Pitcher Anthony DeSchlafani is the rough righthanded equvalent of Red Sox pitching prospect Miguel Pena.

On top of that, the Blue Jays threw in established shortstop Yunel Escobar, whose career WAR of 18.7 includes three seasons at 3.6 or above.

Good stats Hill. I was thinking the same thing about that comment. They Jays gave up quite a bit to get this deal done. To say they didnt is just ridiculous.

Sections
Shortcuts