Hunte? Looks like a NO!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

Hunte? Looks like a NO!

from MLBTR.com:

Hunter is visiting with Tigers officials in Detroit today, reports Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports. Morosi says they are prepared to make him a multiyear offer, and there's a good chance Hunter will sign with the defending AL champs unless the Rangers make a late push (Twitter links).
    Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#qwd28mbzIU8tIj1M.99

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Re: Hunte? Looks like a NO!

Maybe it is a good thing he is heading elsewhere....with that many teams that offering him a contract, he is going to be taking the best offer that he can find before he retire for good!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

Maybe it is a good thing he is heading elsewhere....with that many teams that offering him a contract, he is going to be taking the best offer that he can find before he retire for good!!

He's made a ton of money, he wants to play for a contender.  He also lives in Dallas, which has to help Rangers chances.  Then again, why would a team in full rebuild mode like the Astros or Cubs sign a guy like Hunter...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to jasko2248's comment:

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

He's made a ton of money, he wants to play for a contender.  He also lives in Dallas, which has to help Rangers chances.  Then again, why would a team in full rebuild mode like the Astros or Cubs sign a guy like Hunter...

What I am saying, it  may be a good thing for him to go to Texas or Detriot cuz he is more likely going to get 2 to 3 years contract for at least 10 mm a year...do you really want Boston to give him that much.

I rather to give him one year contract along with a second year option.  He is 38 years old and could be due to become an often injure prone player!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

If the Tigers are giving him more than 2 years, it's a mistake we don't need to make. I really like Hunter on a 1 or 2 year deal, but nothing longer than that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

carnie, I agree.  But I really like him on a two-year deal.  He is the perfect bridge to Brentz, IMO.  I hate to see him go to Detroit.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to parhunter55's comment:

from MLBTR.com:

Hunter is visiting with Tigers officials in Detroit today, reports Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports. Morosi says they are prepared to make him a multiyear offer, and there's a good chance Hunter will sign with the defending AL champs unless the Rangers make a late push (Twitter links).

Don't pay much attention to the Tigers visit par.  Hunter stated he would choose a club in the next two weeks so I'm sure hes going to shop a few clubs.  The Sox "Papi" and the Dodgers "Kemp" are two of Tori's best friends.  I'm sure if the Sox are really interested they could sign him. 

Dodger officials have already stated they couldn't gaurantee Hunter more than 330 or so AB and today denied wanting to move Either.

Anything is possible

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

If the Tigers are giving him more than 2 years, it's a mistake we don't need to make. I really like Hunter on a 1 or 2 year deal, but nothing longer than that.

When you win 69 games, signing 38 yr old OF doesnt make alot of sense for player or team. Team looking for final piece makes more sense like Rangers or Tigers. Good year for RS to find out what they have in Lavarnway, Iglesias, Rubby, and Kalish next year. Then the next wave of prospects Bradley, Barnes, Webster, Boegarts, and Brentz maybe make a camo at end of yr in Sept. then followed by Cecchini, Swihart, Owens, & others hopefully by 2014-15.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to garyhow's comment:

In response to carnie's comment:

When you win 69 games, signing 38 yr old OF doesnt make alot of sense for player or team. Team looking for final piece makes more sense like Rangers or Tigers. Good year for RS to find out what they have in Lavarnway, Iglesias, Rubby, and Kalish next year. Then the next wave of prospects Bradley, Barnes, Webster, Boegarts, and Brentz maybe make a camo at end of yr in Sept. then followed by Cecchini, Swihart, Owens, & others hopefully by 2014-15.  

I think anyone who offers Tori a third year is crazy but it may be a team option and low buyout.  Two years max for us, then most of our kids should be ready.  Tori stays in better shape than most of the elders in the league which is also a plus.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I wouldnt hold my breath with Swihart and Owens being ready in 2 years. Maybe Cecchini. Theyre all in Low A Greenville.

And sorry, but until Kalish can prove to be healthy for a full year first, Ill take a vet like Hunter for 2 years any day.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

from MLBTR.com:

If Hunter goes to Detroit , Hamilton to Baltimore just speculation so far and now the Jays just made a block buster deal. The Red Sox and Yanks could be on the Bottom of the AL east division. The two big spenders in the east divsion are on a stand still. The Red Sox have the ability to spend but are playing the waiting game and Yanks pay roll is still up there but this never stopped New York from pulling off some sort of deals. The east division will be very competive this up coming season and i am looking forward to it.

Now these deals do follow through this will force Cheriington and Company to make a strategic chess move if they want see to the Red Sox compete this season.

Then i am wondering what Chi Sox are going to do to keep pace with Detroit.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to boborielly224's comment:

from MLBTR.com:

If Hunter goes to Detroit , Hamilton to Baltimore just speculation so far and now the Jays just made a block buster deal. The Red Sox and Yanks could be on the Bottom of the AL east division. The two big spenders in the east divsion are on a stand still. The Red Sox have the ability to spend but are playing the waiting game and Yanks pay roll is still up there but this never stopped New York from pulling off some sort of deals. The east division will be very competive this up coming season and i am looking forward to it.

Now these deals do follow through this will force Cheriington and Company to make a strategic chess move if they want see to the Red Sox compete this season.

Then i am wondering what Chi Sox are going to do to keep pace with Detroit.

When the Marlins acquired those players, I think everyone said they were a favorite too...Same when the Sox acquired CC and Gonzo...Didnt they have the same record in 2012? Goes to show that the bigger the name and the bigger the paycheck doesnt always equal the most wins.

Does it make them better? Sure, no doubt. But I wouldnt go handing them the ALE championship banner just yet. The winter is just getting started.

Sections
Shortcuts