Huston Street

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eufrates. Show Eufrates's posts

Huston Street

I would send prospects and acquire Huston Street to be the Sox closer. Then I would move Bard into the rotation and leave Aceves in the bullpen and find a #5 elsewhere and/or with who we have. What do you guys think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Huston Street

In Response to Huston Street:
    I would send prospects and acquire Huston Street to be the Sox closer. Then I would move Bard into the rotation and leave Aceves in the bullpen and find a #5 elsewhere and/or with who we have. What do you guys think?
    Posted by Eufrates

Depends on the prospects huh?  But, if it didn't deplete the farm too bad, heck yeah.  Though I would do the opposite and leave bard in the pen, move Aceves to the ro.  Aceves has proven he can start.  bard, well the last time he was a succesful starter was in college.  Even if he could make the transition back, it will take a while for him to adapt/stetch out/learn.  I don't get this notion that his success in the pen will somehow automatically translate if he is moved back to starter.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Depends on the prospects.  Also depends on how much money Colorado eats of his 8 million dollar contract.

I would also try and sign Frank Francisco, who certainly is not going to resign with Toronto now that they have acquired Sergio Santos.  And I would send instructions to both Aceves and Bard to build up their arms for starting.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Often injure proned closer, I would not part away top 25 prospects for him.  Maybe Lowrie for Sheet is a reasonable trade!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In Response to Re: Huston Street:
    Often injure proned closer, I would not part away top 25 prospects for him.  Maybe Lowrie for Sheet is a reasonable trade!!
    Posted by GoUconn13

Rockies are willing to eat off all of his $8M payroll if they are getting the high rated prospect.  Lowrie's not even a prospect.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

If you really thought Street was the answer at closer, and I am not sold he is, due to his injury history, then you trade Iglesias or Ranaudo for Street if Colorado picks up the entire 8 million salary.  That would then give the Sox a great deal more financial flexibility in finding pitchers to fill out the rest of the bullpen and rotation.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

parhunter1. Iglesias and Ranaudo with eating half of his salary.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Too much, beavis.  Colorado would have to throw in a good young RH hitting OF prospect fo me to want to see that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

parhunter1. Iglesias and Ranaudo with eating half of his salary.
    Posted by beavis

Don't quit your day job.

Unless your day job involves making horrifically lopsided trade proposals.  In which case, keep up the good work...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Depends on the prospects.  Also depends on how much money Colorado eats of his 8 million dollar contract. I would also try and sign Frank Francisco, who certainly is not going to resign with Toronto now that they have acquired Sergio Santos.  And I would send instructions to both Aceves and Bard to build up their arms for starting.   
    Posted by parhunter1

Frank Francisco reportedly has signed with the Mets:

http://twitter.com/#!/KenDavidoff/status/144250192043061249

Sections
Shortcuts