Hypocrisy...are we surprised it is coming out of the Bronx???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Re: Hypocrisy...are we surprised it is coming out of the Bronx???

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Every fan loved his 8 years in Pinstripes but bad mouthing the Yankees because he and J-Z couldn't stick them up for 10 years isn't sitting well with much of the Yankee fan base.

[/QUOTE]

maybe the yankees fans fingers are pointed in the wrong direction as to who bad mouthed who first...

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/10476236/lloyd-mcclendon-rips-new-york-yankees-coach-kevin-long-robinson-cano-critique" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/10476236/lloyd-mcclendon-rips-new-york-yankees-coach-kevin-long-robinson-cano-critique

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Joel Sherman is one man with one opinion. What I wrote is just based on the reaction I see on Yankee blogs to Cano.

Every fan loved his 8 years in Pinstripes but bad mouthing the Yankees because he and J-Z couldn't stick them up for 10 years isn't sitting well with much of the Yankee fan base.

There are a lot of Yankee fans who do not like the idea that he blames the Yankees as being the reason he's no longer with them.

That's where the boos came from. Just be a man Robbie and say I went for the money you won't hear anymore booing.

[object HTMLDivElement]

What I wrote is in response to what I see here.

prknsdnld
    First: 4/25/2007
    Last: 3/6/2014

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd love for the Yankees to have a farewell to Cano year. THAT would be entertaining. lol

[/QUOTE]

Don't look for Yankee fans to boo the hell out of Cano upon his return to New York, like Sox fans do whenever any of their players depart (do you have your ticket and D batteries for Ellsbury's return to Fenway, Kim?). Yank fans realize it's a business and that the players don't assume the mentality of loyalty that the fans assume exists.
    Maybe you should watch the applause they give Cano and learn something.

-----------------------------------

Yankee fans here spend most of their time telling us how either the organization or it's fanbase doesn't measure up.

I'm trying to figure why you, Zac and prknsdnld keep showing up, if we're so low rent.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

[QUOTE]

ThefourBs' 

Tell yourself whatever you need to, to feel superior...

Yankee fans certainly get a lot of practice at it.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Feeling superior to you usually happens to me after I finish reading one of your posts.

[/QUOTE]

Seriously guy.  Your a Yankee fan on a Red Sox site, that is the epitome of pathetic.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In the so-so Kevin Costner movie, "For Love of the Game," there is a scene in which he is helping his good friend move out of his home/apartment because the guy got a better offer from another team.  Costner implies his teammate is selling out, to which his friends responds by point to his wife (and children implied) and says, "that's my team."  The Sox in the past have been more than willing to get other players like Manny Ramirez, David Ortiz, Carl Crawford, Adrian Gonzalez, and many, many more to in fact sell out and come play at Fenway.  So there is plenty of hypocrisy going around, and it is a rarity when a player says, "you know, a good contract is more than enough.  I don't need a great contract because I am already getting paid more than I will ever need or my children will ever need if I am just a little bit careful about how I spend all this money."  Pedroia did that.  So did Longoria. 

My heartburn is with the notion that there is almost no limit--in the eyes of both players and agents and even some teams--to what a MLB player is worth.  I think Seattle overpaid for Cano and the Yankees overpaid for Ellsbury, and guess who gets to underwrite this largesse?  The fans.  Not me--not much--because I watch games basically on TV and for my second season on the internet via mlb.com.  I pay, of course, but the price is worth it.  I am not so sure about whether it is worth it for the Sox fans who actually go to Fenway, where they pay top dollar for tickets, parking, food, etc.  I should say especially the Fenway fans because in fact there are lots of seats at Fenway that have terrible sight lines, some of the worst in MLB. 

We live in a free enterprise, capitalist society, which I believe in, but that doesn't mean greed isn't a big factor.  If you can get it, why not? 

[/QUOTE]

David Ortiz was released by the Minnesota Twins...

Adrian Gonzalez was traded for.

We didn't BUY them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Good look BBBB.  i remembered someone making that post and thinking at the time - this is going to come back to bite them.  i have been living around yankees fans my whole life.  there sense of entitlement and delusions of grandeur are off the charts.  not all but enough to give the rest a rep.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Their entire business model is dependent on sell outs.  80% of their roster has sold out.

You know what happens to a soldier if they try to defect to another family?  They get whacked.  Not by their original family but by the new family.  Why?  Because once a traitor, always a traitor. 

BTW, do you know why Jeter never "sold out"? Because the yankees always gave him the most money.  That is the only reason. 

Very few take home town discounts.  Schilling, Ortiz, Pedey.  Now what do they all have in common???

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hypocrisy  nyyfans act like RSN

wow
    alot of boos for Cano

holes 4 sure

but got 2 give them some space

they aren't used 2 players turning down 170 mil from the yanks

then other fans start a chant of "You Sold Out!"

I wonder how many yankee players  turned around thinking it was about them ;-)

I admit I didn't read much about the booing of Ellsbury because it didn't matter much to me. Question: were you one of the posters who criticized Red Sox fans for doing that? I am not accusing you, just asking because I don't know.

IDK mr green if not I was definitely thinking it

Y R U asking

I called nyyfans that booed cano holes 2

I believe both players should of been cheered their 1st time up

and then whatever

1 big difference is cano was offered 170 mill

ells was offered nothing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

stan17  '' Seriously guy. Your a Yankee fan on a Red Sox site, that is the epitome of pathetic.''

http://reactiongifs.me/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/sad-kid-reaction-gif.gif

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

I don't think Ells would have been booed, or to the extent he was, if he hadn't signed the the NYY because he wasn't made an offer by Boston. No one in RSN thought he would stay, just hoped. The organization played a tribute to Ellsbury on the Jumbotron to "Born to run",  sanity prevailed, then fans cheered his accomplishments while with the team. As strange as it seems, the boos are a sign of affection and emotion, in these instances', as oppose to booing a player for poor performance. I feel for both fan bases.  Ellsbury and Cano were homegrown, great players for their organizations, who helped them win World Series Championships.  It's difficult to not only see them go, but play for someone else.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't think Ells would have been booed, or to the extent he was, if he hadn't signed the the NYY because he wasn't made an offer by Boston. No one in RSN thought he would stay, just hoped. The organization played a tribute to Ellsbury on the Jumbotron to "Born to run",  sanity prevailed, the fans cheered his accomplishments while with team. As strange as it seems, the boos are a sign of affection and emotion, in these instances', as oppossed to booing a player for poor performance. I feel for both fan bases.  Ellsbury and Cano were homegrown, great players for their organizations, who helped them win World Series Championships.  It's painful to not only see them go, but play for someone else.

[/QUOTE]

Remember though, it's not the booing....it's the "You Sold Out" Chants that is the issue

Another reason among dozens why yankee fans are the biggest weenies..........

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

I don't think Ells would have been booed, or to the extent he was, if he hadn't signed the the NYY because he wasn't made an offer by Boston. No one in RSN thought he would stay, just hoped. The organization played a tribute to Ellsbury on the Jumbotron to "Born to run",  sanity prevailed, the fans cheered his accomplishments while with team. As strange as it seems, the boos are a sign of affection and emotion, in these instances', as oppossed to booing a player for poor performance. I feel for both fan bases.  Ellsbury and Cano were homegrown, great players for their organizations, who helped them win World Series Championships.  It's painful to not only see them go, but play for someone else.

[/QUOTE]
     i'd love to know why exercising your rights is seen as selling out anyway...those guys are idiots...and why aren't people that take higher paying jobs sellouts????...people act like they are the ones paying Robbie..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

Another reason among dozens why yankee fans are the biggest weenies..........

I suppose that's better than being

the smallest weenie & a coward

where's that who do U want 2  thread ;-)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
     i'd love to know why exercising your rights is seen as selling out anyway...those guys are idiots...and why aren't people that take higher paying jobs sellouts????...people act like they are the ones paying Robbie..

[/QUOTE]

They are the ones paying Robbie.  And they LOVE Sell Outs.  They love CC (he beat them in 2007 ALDS), Texiera, Ellsbury (Now of course which is insane in and of itself), and on and on and on. 

Remember, no Red Sox fan on this board or elsewhere would EVER root for an ex yankee if he come to Boston.  That's the difference.  Not only is Cano a "sell out" but yankees fans are the biggest sell outs in sports.  And there lies your hypocrisy.  Only in da bronx!!!!!!!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Hypocrisy  nyyfans act like RSN

wow

alot of boos for Cano

holes 4 sure

but got 2 give them some space

they aren't used 2 players turning down 170 mil from the yanks

then other fans start a chant of "You Sold Out!"

I wonder how many yankee players  turned around thinking it was about them ;-)

I admit I didn't read much about the booing of Ellsbury because it didn't matter much to me. Question: were you one of the posters who criticized Red Sox fans for doing that? I am not accusing you, just asking because I don't know.

IDK mr green if not I was definitely thinking it

Y R U asking

I called nyyfans that booed cano holes 2

I believe both players should of been cheered their 1st time up

and then whatever

1 big difference is cano was offered 170 mill

ells was offered nothing

[/QUOTE]

Fair enough-almost. If you criticize the Sox fans for booing Ellsbury then consistency says that you must also criticize Yankee fans for booing Cano-which you did. The "big difference" IMO is irrelevant. Both players are free to sign with whoever they wish to sign with. Had Ellsbury said that he was going to stay in Boston and negotiate the best deal possible there certainly would have been some sort of deal worked out; however, like Cano, he went for the money. I can't blame him for doing that, nor can I blame Cano. I would have booed Damon because he defected after stating that he could never play for the Yankees. That dishonesty gets him booed.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Had Ellsbury said that he was going to stay in Boston and negotiate the best deal possible there certainly would have been some sort of deal worked out;

think so mr green

U don't think lester stays do U

I would have booed Damon because he defected after stating that he could never play for the Yankees. That dishonesty gets him booed.

R players not allowed 2 change their minds

especially after being disappointed in sox offer

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

The Yank-ems lead the world in buying SELL-OUTS. Btw, does anyone believe that a player making 300 million dollars gives a damn about what the sucker fans have to yell? Especially a pea-brain like Cano.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They are the ones paying Robbie.  And they LOVE Sell Outs.  They love CC (he beat them in 2007 ALDS), Texiera, Ellsbury (Now of course which is insane in and of itself), and on and on and on. 

[/QUOTE] no they are not paying Cano, the Seattle Mariners are paying Cano, he and countless other players have earned the right to go elsewhere, it doesn't make them sellouts.....IMO there have been far too many cases where the teams couldn't wait to screw the players, but at the end of the day, fans should stop losing sight of the business end of sports, we have no control over their choices... i think we can agree that we'll still continue to love the game...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Had Ellsbury said that he was going to stay in Boston and negotiate the best deal possible there certainly would have been some sort of deal worked out;

think so mr green

U don't think lester stays do U

I think its 50-50 with Lester. If both sides are committed to working something out, he stays. Depends on what kind of discount Lester will accept. The initial offer of what-$70Mx4y-was just that-the initial offer. You do not make your best offer at the outset or there is no room for negotiation.

I would have booed Damon because he defected after stating that he could never play for the Yankees. That dishonesty gets him booed.

R players not allowed 2 change their minds

especially after being disappointed in sox offer

I believe that you keep your mouth shut rather than say something you might later regret. A man is only as good as his word. When Damon said he could never play for the Yankees then signed with them that represents dishonesty, not "changing your mind".

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In the end, I  think Lester does stay, PG. He clearly wants to, a homegrown player who will follow PD's lead. who's happiness isn't measured solely in  dollars

I think we can all agree, Damon wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] no they are not paying Cano, the Seattle Mariners are paying Cano, he and countless other players have earned the right to go elsewhere, it doesn't make them sellouts.....IMO there have been far too many cases where the teams couldn't wait to screw the players, but at the end of the day, fans should stop losing sight of the business end of sports, we have no control over their choices... i think we can agree that we'll still continue to love the game...

[/QUOTE]

I love the game; it's the people who play it now of days that are hard to take. Funny, back before '75 the game was for the fans. After '75 the game now belongs to the  players. Anyone who thinks the game is better now than prior to '75 is either delusional or is a Major League player.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

In the end, I  think Lester does stay, PG. He wants to and like Mike Lowell I think his happiness isnt measured soley in dolars

[/QUOTE]

I hope you're correct, J-BAY, but being the cynic that I am, I think his happiness is measured solely in dollars, just like 98% of every other FA.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

they aren't paying him anymore

no one screws over anyone w/o feeling as tough they've been screwed first; it all needs to even out.  for example, if Crawford was still on my payroll I couldn't wait to screw him over.  If I were Lester right now, I couldn't wait to screw over the Sox......etc.  only when things are out of whack does one feel the need to "screw someone back"........

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Yankees are just a business and as evidence the fans will support anyone or anything so they can say they won (ie supporting cheating); it's a deep psychological issue where their lives are so unfullfilled they need to associate with a winner.  Being a Red Sox fan is about passion for the players, the history and for the game...and now of course, collecting World Series Championships at a faster rate than all the other teams combined in recent history.  So now, why would anyone be surprised.  Of course other than Cano who truly believed he would get a standing ovation.  That's some cult they are developing over there in da bronx.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

I hope you're correct, J-BAY, but being the cynic that I am, I think his happiness is measured solely in dollars, just like 98% of every other FA.

Bogey, I think that it's as much, if not more about ego, than money. Lester doesn't strike me as a HUGE ego guy. If he was all about the money, he wouldn't have stated publicly he wants to stay. As long as it's a fair offer, I think he does

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

maybe the yankees fans fingers are pointed in the wrong direction as to who bad mouthed who first...

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/10476236/lloyd-mcclendon-rips-new-york-yankees-coach-kevin-long-robinson-cano-critique" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/10476236/lloyd-mcclendon-rips-new-york-yankees-coach-kevin-long-robinson-cano-critique" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/10476236/lloyd-mcclendon-rips-new-york-yankees-coach-kevin-long-robinson-cano-critique

[/QUOTE]

Kevin Long was his coach, that what coaches do, that's what they get paid for.

Cano still does not run everything out, even in Seattle.

I remember Dion Sanders getting ripped for the same exact thing.

One game Carlton Fiske who was the catcher for the Chisox got right in Sanders face for not running hard to first.