Hypocrisy...are we surprised it is coming out of the Bronx???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Hypocrisy...are we surprised it is coming out of the Bronx???

yankees are so messed up in the head they can't make their minds up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b9rOji_PWY

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

stan17

Seriously guy.  Your a Yankee fan on a Red Sox site, that is the epitome of pathetic.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Stan I'm guessing your 17 years old?

I've been on this site for ten years, this is a public forum when someone makes a snarky comment to me, or about me I reserve the right to respond.

I try to be respectful I post my opinions here and that's all they are, my thoughts, they won't hurt anyone, they're not toxic if you don't agree with them by all means provide a counter argument and reason why.

Or ignore them.

But don't imply that I can't answer snotty or sarcastic remarks by other posters directed at me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

this is the definition of hypocrisy:

NEW YORK -- The famed Yankee Stadium "Bleacher Creatures" made their view of the $240 million man, Robinson Cano, abundantly clear: He is a sellout.

The fans -- located in the right-center field bleachers -- seemingly honored the All-Star second baseman at first, greeting Cano with a traditional roll call in the bottom of the first inning Tuesday night. Cano acknowledged the salute.

But after goading Cano to turn, the fans began a new tune: "You sold out! You sold out! You sold out!"

Wow ! Stupid Yankees fan don't see before there eyes that Ellsbury  did the same? Hay Yankees fans start your Ellsbury .... YOU SOLD OUT ..YOU SOLD OUT  YOU SOLD OUT.... that's Funny!!  Com'on yankee fans --- Loud and clear ......Ellsbury......YOU SOLD OUT !! YOU SOLD OUT!!

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/10858797/new-york-yankees-fans-boo-taunt-robinson-cano-seattle-mariners-return-yankee-stadium" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/10858797/new-york-yankees-fans-boo-taunt-robinson-cano-seattle-mariners-return-yankee-stadium" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/10858797/new-york-yankees-fans-boo-taunt-robinson-cano-seattle-mariners-return-yankee-stadium" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/10858797/new-york-yankees-fans-boo-taunt-robinson-cano-seattle-mariners-return-yankee-stadium" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/10858797/new-york-yankees-fans-boo-taunt-robinson-cano-seattle-mariners-return-yankee-stadium

[/QUOTE]Mornin Slash,  i will say that it was totally uncalled for....for a minute i thought a WWE crowd showed up :-)....he's just another in a long of players who went elsewhere for more money...i certainly will never begrudge him(or others) that opportunity...i think as fans, too many people get caught up and tend to ignore the business side of the game...people leave, it is what it is....i still got love for Robbie..9 years of great play...can't just bury that...but Slash, in a way you are knocking them for basically the same thing you Sox fans are knocking Ellsbury for...of course without the "sell out" part :-)...i'm firmly in the 'go make your money' camp, because let's face it, across the board historically, teams haven't always gone out of the way to show player loyalty....shame on those who view Robbie as a sell out..

[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Yanks and M's might not even get the day game in tomorrow..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

nyyfans act like RSN

It’s not the same at all.  Red Sox fans get irked when one of their own signs with the Yankees.   But we didn’t get all upset at Bill Mueller for signing with the Dodgers.  Really, the closest comparison here might be Clemens, and while he was reviled by Sox fans once he went to Toronto, it wasn’t so much that he sold out as it was the he magically rediscovered his Triple Crown dominance after 4 years of mediocrity in Boston.

Don’t compare this to Ellsbury or Damon.  They signed with the Sox arch-enemy.   Robinson Cano went to the Mariners for tons and tons of money, and Yankee fans view this as selling despite that they use that exact same tactic to build their own roster more often than any other team in MLB.

but got 2 give them some space

they aren't used 2 players turning down 170 mil from the yanks

Oh, the excuse is they were spoiled.  Got it.

Whether they are used not it or not does not change that it is hypocritical of them to get angry at a former player leaving their team for oodles of cash when they used the exact same tactic to acquire how many players?  Just on the current roster there is Sabathia, Tanaka, Teixeira, Ellsbury, and McCann.    How many others do I have to name in the past 15 years before you see the pattern?   And I am omitting the cheapie deals, and I am actually counting Carlos Beltran and Kuroda as cheapie deals, because, by Yankee Free Agent Standards, they are.  (So guys like Johnson and Roberts and especially Solarte are not even on my radar.)  And despite your repeated insistence, the corresponding list for the Sox would be nowhere near as long or as expensive.   In Red Sox team history, how many free agent deals have they given in excess of $80mill total?  Three?  (Crawford, Lackey, Manny).  Four if you count Daisuke, but there are reasons to and not to.  The Yankees have topped $80mill to free agents (not their own – free agents) many more times than that.

cano was never loved like others were

partially because he was so good he made it looked easy

partially because he showed little emotion when things went bad

and a lot to do with not running hard 2 1B on several occasions

And now comes the part where the ever-defensive Yankee fan trashes Cano, and then justifies it.   “He was never a true Yankee”   “He didn’t hustle!”   “He wasn’t trying!”   Give me a break!

If you guys weren’t huge fans of Cano after everything he did in pinstripes (and you all were at the time.  Do not deny it.), then you really are collectively the most spoiled unappreciative fans in the entire history of the human race.

But the important thing here is that you don’t lower yourself with the Cano-trashing masses and continue to defend the hypocritical actions of your fellow fans, who scream and cry about how disloyal he and un-Yankee his actions were because he emulated his teammates and took the biggest offer.

Really, what baseball fans miss here is the concept of “loyalty.”   They think a player who moves on is not loyal and taking the most money, and this is a new thing.  But until Curt Flood bucked the system and Andy Messersmith signed a contract, “loyalty” was forced on them.  So before you think Cano should be held to the same standards as a lot of other All Time Yankee greats like Ruth, Gehrig, Lazzeri, Ford, Berra, etc., did you ever wonder how many of them would have gone on to play elsewhere if they played under today’s free agency rules  if another team offered them an absurd amount of money?  My guess is all of them.   You can’t argue any of them stayed out of “loyalty.”  They all stayed for as long as the Yankees wanted them, but, like every player in every sport, they would have bled the colors of the team that signs the checks. 

Whatever team that was.

And some did leave the Yankees, and went where they could get paid at least one final season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

what's with all the CHEAP SHOTS notin

nyyfans act like RSN

It’s not the same at all Red Sox fans get irked when one of their

own signs with the Yankees...................

I said they acted the same

and they did

Oh, the excuse is they were spoiled. Got it.

excuse or joke   loosen up dude

Yankee fans view this as selling despite that they use that exact same tactic to build their own roster more often than any other team in MLB.

why the need 2go there

or better yet

Y C&P  my whole post except 4 where I joked

then other fans start a chant of "You Sold Out!"

I wonder how many yankee players turned around thinking it was about them ;-)

And now comes the part where the ever-defensive Yankee fan trashes Cano, and then justifies it. “He was never a true Yankee” “He didn’t hustle!” “He wasn’t trying!” Give me a break!

I didn't trash anybody (and either did kevin long)

only commented on Y he wasn't loved the same as some others

But the important thing here is that you don’t lower yourself with the Cano-trashing masses and continue to defend the hypocritical actions of your fellow fans,

wow this is what I get 4 calling the nyyfans who booed cano..............holes

U R way off on whole this post notin

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Kevin Long was his coach, that what coaches do, that's what they get paid for.

Cano still does not run everything out, even in Seattle.

I remember Dion Sanders getting ripped for the same exact thing.

One game Carlton Fiske who was the catcher for the Chisox got right in Sanders face for not running hard to first.

[/QUOTE]

oh, so you think his EX coach Kevin Long was trying to help Cano be a better player when he spit the spew to the reporters???  my goodness you really do view things through interlocking n & y glasses. 

regardless how you "see" it.  it was the first negative shot outside of the negotiations.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yanks and M's might not even get the day game in tomorrow..

[/QUOTE]

it's trying to be sunny here in western NJ at the moment.  new field drains well i presume?  should be able to play a double dip.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b9rOji_PWY" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b9rOji_PWY

[/QUOTE]

Hysterical!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

slasher9

oh, so you think his EX coach Kevin Long was trying to help Cano be a better player when he spit the spew to the reporters???  my goodness you really do view things through interlocking n & y glasses. 

regardless how you "see" it.  it was the first negative shot outside of the negotiations.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Spit the spew? That's a good one.

Long was asked about that part of Cano's game so he responded truthfully how the Yankees dealt with it.

Advising Robbie, not just Long but others on the club I would guess means fellow players.

Long also lauded how hard Cano worked on his hitting and his game but of course you ignored all of that because it doesn't support your argument.

You and others like McClendon have acted like this part of Robbie's game is contrived and untrue when it isn't.

Robbie simply doesn't run everything out, it is what it is.

Something he has to answer for just like Dion Sanders did.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

[QUOTE]

stan17

Seriously guy.  Your a Yankee fan on a Red Sox site, that is the epitome of pathetic.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Stan I'm guessing your 17 years old?

I've been on this site for ten years, this is a public forum when someone makes a snarky comment to me, or about me I reserve the right to respond.

I try to be respectful I post my opinions here and that's all they are, my thoughts, they won't hurt anyone, they're not toxic if you don't agree with them by all means provide a counter argument and reason why.

Or ignore them.

But don't imply that I can't answer snotty or sarcastic remarks by other posters directed at me.

[/QUOTE]

You've been here 10 years I guess you have tenure lol. Just kidding, relax don't get so worked up.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Long was asked about that part of Cano's game so he responded truthfully how the Yankees dealt with it.

Advising Robbie, not just Long but others on the club I would guess means fellow players.

Long also lauded how hard Cano worked on his hitting and his game but of course you ignored all of that because it doesn't support your argument.

You and others like McClendon have acted like this part of Robbie's game is contrived and untrue when it isn't.

Robbie simply doesn't run everything out, it is what it is.

Something he has to answer for just like Dion Sanders did.

[/QUOTE]

lol...he does?  who does he have to "answer for it" to?

people are asked leading questions all the time...that's why crash gave nuke all those cliches.  you dont have to flame someone that is already out the door.  you know, like that awesome coach kevin long did.  and it isn't only my opinion...i based it on you know...the ESPN article about it.

btw - there are 750 players playing Major League baseball at any given day.  742 of them do not run every grounder, popup, or flyball out.  perhaps a player that has won you championships, been a solid citizen, and has been the best player on your team for a number of years shouldn't be singled out.

but really this thread isn't about robbie cano running (or not) out grounders to 2b. 

it isn't about kevin long.

it's not about robbie leaving to take the most $$$ offered. 

it's not even about the yankees fans booing.

it's about the "bleacher creatures" absolute and unequivocal hypocrisy for chanting these 3 words:

"YOU SOLD OUT" 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

slasher9

people are asked leading questions all the time...that's why crash gave nuke all those cliches.  you dont have to flame someone that is already out the door.  you know, like that awesome coach kevin long did.  and it isn't only my opinion...i based it on you know...the ESPN article about it.

btw - there are 750 players playing Major League baseball at any given day.  742 of them do not run every grounder, popup, or flyball out.  perhaps a player that has won you championships, been a solid citizen, and has been the best player on your team for a number of years shouldn't be singled out.

but really this thread isn't about robbie cano running (or not) out grounders to 2b. 

it's about the "bleacher creatures" absolute and unequivocal hypocrisy for chanting these 3 words:

"YOU SOLD OUT" 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Look, you criticized Kevin Long because in an interview to a reporter he explained how he as a coach and the Yankees dealt with Robbie Cano's long history of not to hustling to first base.

Long said he tried to encourage Cano to run everything out, and very complimentary to Robbie's his work ethnic and the other parts of his game, he was a great Yankee, and teammate will be missed and so forth.

I expect as a coach Long to be honest or he wouldn't have a job. I didn't see a thing wrong in what he said.

This was my bone of contention with your original post I responded to with the McClendon link provided.

All this other mumbo-jumbo you're talking about is just a distraction from the original point.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

NEW YORK -- The famed Yankee Stadium "Bleacher Creatures" made their view of the $240 million man, Robinson Cano, abundantly clear: He is a sellout.

The fans -- located in the right-center field bleachers -- seemingly honored the All-Star second baseman at first, greeting Cano with a traditional roll call in the bottom of the first inning Tuesday night. Cano acknowledged the salute.

But after goading Cano to turn, the fans began a new tune: "You sold out! You sold out! You sold out!"

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/10858797/new-york-yankees-fans-boo-taunt-robinson-cano-seattle-mariners-return-yankee-stadium" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/10858797/new-york-yankees-fans-boo-taunt-robinson-cano-seattle-mariners-return-yankee-stadium" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/10858797/new-york-yankees-fans-boo-taunt-robinson-cano-seattle-mariners-return-yankee-stadium" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/10858797/new-york-yankees-fans-boo-taunt-robinson-cano-seattle-mariners-return-yankee-stadium" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/10858797/new-york-yankees-fans-boo-taunt-robinson-cano-seattle-mariners-return-yankee-stadium

Speaking of hypocrisy, I guess you forgot how elated RS fans were when they signed Crawford, Gonzalez and Lackey but cried foul when their stars left.

Those in glass houses...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

[QUOTE]

Speaking of hypocrisy, I guess you forgot how elated RS fans were when they signed Crawford, Gonzalez and Lackey but cried foul when their stars left.

Those in glass houses...

[/QUOTE]

what does that have to do with hypocritical yankees fans chanting "You Sold Out" to a former player??

i dont think anyone cried foul when craw or gonzalez left.  name a player that Red Sox cried "foul" over that left via FA?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

slasher9

"YOU SOLD OUT" 

Look, you criticized Kevin Long because in an interview to a reporter he explained how he as a coach and the Yankees dealt with Robbie Cano's long history of not to hustling to first base.

Long said he tried to encourage Cano to run everything out, and very complimentary to Robbie's his work ethnic and the other parts of his game, he was a great Yankee, and teammate will be missed and so forth.

I expect as a coach Long to be honest or he wouldn't have a job. I didn't see a thing wrong in what he said.

This was my bone of contention with your original post I responded to with the McClendon link provided.

All this other mumbo-jumbo you're talking about is just a distraction from the original point.

you didnt answer my question.

i didnt criticize kevin long, the ESPNNewYork columnist did.  everyone (but you it seems) on the planet took kevin longs comments as a "shot" at robbie.  i did not make it up.  but you must be right...kevin long is a yankees coach so he is right/the best/full of class/ in a league of his own.....

btw - the original point was that yankees fans were hypocritical.  do you not agree?  (another question for you to dance around and never really answer)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b9rOji_PWY" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b9rOji_PWY

[/QUOTE]

You expect any other fan base to react any differently? The usual imbecilic post from U.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

slasher9

"YOU SOLD OUT" 

you didnt answer my question.

i didnt criticize kevin long, the ESPNNewYork columnist did.  everyone (but you it seems) on the planet took kevin longs comments as a "shot" at robbie.  i did not make it up.  but you must be right...kevin long is a yankees coach so he is right/the best/full of class/ in a league of his own.....

btw - the original point was that yankees fans were hypocritical.  do you not agree?  (another question for you to dance around and never really answer)

[/QUOTE]

The usual complete nonsensical misdirection, especially regarding what I think or know. What else can u say, I guess. .. Yes, it is hypocritical.

However, re-read my post, and recall the glass houses remark. 

I also don't know what Long said. Based on your post, I would say he should have kept it to himself. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

Those in glass houses...

what does that have to do with hypocritical yankees fans chanting "You Sold Out" to a former player??

i dont think anyone cried foul when craw or gonzalez left.  name a player that Red Sox cried "foul" over that left via FA?

[/QUOTE]

I thought you were referring to the fan base; am I mistaken? Note - I did not read this thread all the way thru; I just responded to your OP.

Now it is quite possible you threw other things into the mix as a result of the usual rebuttals; nothing new there.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Ah, a good old fashion sox/yanks donneybrook!  Nice to know some things never change LOL!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

I thought you were referring to the fan base; am I mistaken? Note - I did not read this thread all the way thru; I just responded to your OP.

Now it is quite possible you threw other things into the mix as a result of the usual rebuttals; nothing new there.

[/QUOTE]

you are correct.  well, sort of.  specifically the fan base chanting "you sold out".  you know this is hypocrisy because.....well, you know.  dont recall that chant being done at fenway so not sure what your glass houses referred to.  that's my point.  boo all day long and i wont have used the "H" word.  bring up "selling out"....and i have an issue with that.

get it?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The usual complete nonsensical misdirection, especially regarding what I think or know. What else can u say, I guess. .. Yes, it is hypocritical.

However, re-read my post, and recall the glass houses remark. 

I also don't know what Long said. Based on your post, I would say he should have kept it to himself. 

[/QUOTE]

sorry steve but you are mistaken here.  your response above was to my response to bozo the clown.  it went off track with your hitting coach because of his misdirection.  not sure why you guys are not getting the point of this thread. 

THIS IS THE ISSUE:

"YOU SOLD OUT"

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

you are correct.  well, sort of.  specifically the fan base chanting "you sold out".  you know this is hypocrisy because.....well, you know.  dont recall that chant being done at fenway so not sure what your glass houses referred to.  that's my point.  boo all day long and i wont have used the "H" word.  bring up "selling out"....and i have an issue with that.

get it?

I now understand your point, but I don't think you get it. This is a subtle difference in behavior, as opposed to the boos. Do you have an actual log of the heckling content that goes on with RS fans ? Straw grasping.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

get it?

[/QUOTE]

I don't think you get it. This is a subtle difference in behavior, as opposed to the boos. Do you have an actual log of the heckling that goes on with RS fans ? Straw grasping.

[/QUOTE]

LOL...i didnt write the articles about the chant that the yankees fans were doing.  joel sherman even stole my "hypocrisy" line for his article.  were those writers grasping at straws too??

when you buy all (well almost all) the high priced FA's how is that a "subtle" difference?  it is straight up hypocritical.