I am waiting to hear music from Nashville?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

I am waiting to hear music from Nashville?

It is Monday, and all the GM's are hanging out smoking top dollar cigars. It kind of odd though that Josh Hamilton just happens to be there also. Time to wait and see who's dotted line will be signed from Hamilton. After all the perceptions from rumour resources this week will probably answer the fans question ? Who will Hamilton be a part of I would say 75% chance he will be a Ranger, 12.5 % chance a Mariner and 12.5 % chance a Red Sox.

I am feeling that Napoli will be a Red Sox member. It will be interesting to see who, what where, when, and why's are answer. The GM's are tuning their music instruments and the baseball music will start playing in Nashville.

Take me out to the ball game...

Sweet Caroline...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: I am waiting to hear music from Nashville?

Country & Western are my two favorite songs.....      QUESTION.....  What do you get when you play C & W backwards ??????????????    ANS..     You get your dog, wife, and truck back !!!!!!!   ENJOY.....  Just killing time waiting for my boy BEN to pull a "BLOCKBUSTER" !!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

I've backtracked a but on my stand about Hamilton.  Initially I said, "No way, Jose", but now I'm saying... maybe.  I think he may be just what the Sox need offensively and defensively (and PR-wise) now and for the future and I can support signing him to a long contract...IF... and only IF.....

Hamilton can step up and admit that in some ways he may be 'damaged goods' and sign a contract that reflects that. 

Much has been made of Hamilton's personal problems and how he's recovered (recovering?) from them. He also claims to be doing the right thing and taking personal responsibility for where he is.  The thing is, those issues are THERE to the point where the Sox would have to be idiots to pretend they don't exist.

Everone (probably even Hamilton) seems to be afraid of what the pressure cooker that's the Red Sox might do to him and I think they should be.  That's why I say make him the multi-year offer that they'd make without those issues, then attach an "out clause" that would make him culpable for any relapses.  Unless he's willing to do that he's not really taking responsibility for who and where he is, and the Sox are better off without him.

I say make him the offer and see what he does.  That'll speak louder than words about whether the Sox want him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to S5's comment:

I've backtracked a but on my stand about Hamilton.  Initially I said, "No way, Jose", but now I'm saying... maybe.  I think he may be just what the Sox need offensively and defensively (and PR-wise) now and for the future and I can support signing him to a long contract...IF... and only IF.....

Hamilton can step up and admit that in some ways he may be 'damaged goods' and sign a contract that reflects that. 

Much has been made of Hamilton's personal problems and how he's recovered (recovering?) from them. He also claims to be doing the right thing and taking personal responsibility for where he is.  The thing is, those issues are THERE to the point where the Sox would have to be idiots to pretend they don't exist.

Everone (probably even Hamilton) seems to be afraid of what the pressure cooker that's the Red Sox might do to him and I think they should be.  That's why I say make him the multi-year offer that they'd make without those issues, then attach an "out clause" that would make him culpable for any relapses.  Unless he's willing to do that he's not really taking responsibility for who and where he is, and the Sox are better off without him.

I say make him the offer and see what he does.  That'll speak louder than words about whether the Sox want him.

WOW !!! How many times does Hamilton have to admit to anything. Unless you live under a rock ,he has stated that he has been working on his issues and time to move on .Once is enough .He has spoken loud and clear and time to move on.If you don't know what your talking about better off not saying anything.If you want to keep putting your foot in your mouth why not get a job with the media?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

WOW !!! How many times does Hamilton have to admit to anything. Unless you live under a rock ,he has stated that he has been working on his issues and time to move on .Once is enough .He has spoken loud and clear and time to move on.If you don't know what your talking about better off not saying anything.If you want to keep putting your foot in your mouth why not get a job with the media?

Hmmm...  A little overreaction there, don't you think??

Hamilton no longer has to admit to anything.  He's done it.  My only concern is that this is a business decision for the Sox, tieing up a lot of money.  If the Sox are going to pay him $100MM over 4 years (or some such thing) they should have some guarantee that Hamilton is either going to be able to perform or have some recourse to recoup their losses.  That guarantee has to come from Hamilton in the form of an out clause in his contract. 

Without that, he's too big a gamble.

Of course, that is only MY opinion, just as your post was yours.  The difference is that I managed to do it without flaming somone. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

Hmmm...  A little overreaction there, don't you think??

Hamilton no longer has to admit to anything.  He's done it.  My only concern is that this is a business decision for the Sox, tieing up a lot of money.  If the Sox are going to pay him $100MM over 4 years (or some such thing) they should have some guarantee that Hamilton is either going to be able to perform or have some recourse to recoup their losses.  That guarantee has to come from Hamilton in the form of an out clause in his contract. 

Without that, he's too big a gamble.

Of course, that is only MY opinion, just as your post was yours.  The difference is that I managed to do it without flaming somone. 

i agree, he doesn't have to come out and tell us his past problems again like a broken record, he doesn't have to say anything really. just being willing to sign a contract with an out clause says enough to me. i've also backtracked on my hamilton stance because the thoughts initially were that he was going to be getting 7 years. now that the reality is somewhere between a 3-5 year deal i am ready to bid on him. but like you said, if we are committing 100+ million to him we have to be protected in case he relapses. enough said.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Country & Western are my two favorite songs.....      QUESTION.....  What do you get when you play C & W backwards ??????????????    ANS..     You get your dog, wife, and truck back !!!!!!!   ENJOY.....  Just killing time waiting for my boy BEN to pull a "BLOCKBUSTER" !!!!

Good joke bill still laughing. I will tell my wife that joke. She's a little bit country and i'm a little bit rock and roll. I guess my early morning feelings were positive about Napoli. Next step for BC hopefully a top pitcher.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to boborielly224's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Good joke bill still laughing. I will tell my wife that joke. She's a little bit country and i'm a little bit rock and roll. I guess my early morning feelings were positive about Napoli. Next step for BC hopefully a top pitcher.

How many C & W singers does it take to change a light bulb? One to change it and 3 to write about the old one.

Sections
Shortcuts