I believe it's time for major changes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsox9-8. Show patsox9-8's posts

Re: I believe it's time for major changes

absolutly do not trade ellsbury!!!!!!!!!! Signing Crawford to that HUGE contract  was one of the  stupidest things we have ever done........Beckett is old, Lacky didnt pan out and Dice K is average at best "when hes even healthy" .........Clay will hopefull work things out and start pitching a little better .......We have just had some things not go in our favor latley, Middlebrooks looks great..........and im happy with Ross and Sweany .........
    I with they would have gave Bard a shot to close and put Acieves in the rotation rather than trading Reddick ...our outfied woud have been soid!
    Hopfully this new GM will get things moving in the right direction, as long as we can get back Baily, Crawford, Ells, Youk, .......ect the second half of the season should be much more fun than what we are being tortured with now ........
    Screw Bobby V too ......dont think he is cut out for the job this team needs to get back on track!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

The time to trade Ellsbury was last off-season.  It's too late now - we're stuck with him for the year, and we have to hope that he comes back at some point this year and finishes strong, so we can get something for him next winter.  He'll have a fraction of the value he had 4 months ago - we could have had some really nice young pieces contributing to 2012 and beyond.  That's on Cherington.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

Beckett's trade value is poor right now. Any team would question why we are so anxious to dump him if he's so great a pitcher. 

Still, I'd love to see him outta' here. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

So, Mr. JIMMY CARTER, where did you get this idea from ?????

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

The time to trade Ellsbury was last off-season.  It's too late now - we're stuck with him for the year, and we have to hope that he comes back at some point this year and finishes strong, so we can get something for him next winter.  He'll have a fraction of the value he had 4 months ago - we could have had some really nice young pieces contributing to 2012 and beyond.  That's on Cherington.

True, and Cherry has no excuse. He was part of the InEpstein administration's decision to sign Crawford and trade Ellsbury. Vacillating on that decision is just going to hammer down the value when Ellsbury departs in just over a year or less.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from peanutandme. Show peanutandme's posts

If the Sox wait it out and sit tight and wait for the injured player's, when will that be?I heard today on xm radio, that Crawford HOPES, I REPEAT HOPES, to be back before the All-star game. FOLKS THAT's still months away, and another 50 games.
    Will Ellsbury be ready before then, hew seems to be a slow healer if two years ago's injury is any indicator. And Dice-K well is he going to be better than our present starters? As I recall Dice-K drove us all to the brink when healthy, so is he going to somehow magically turn things around coming off Tommy John surgery?

And Andrew Bailey may very well be one of those pitcher's who are constantly naged by injuries. And what about Beckett and Buchholz and their annual injuries? When will they go down with a injury?
    The plain facts are that this team as presently constituted is not capable of championship play. The catching is sub-par, have we seen enough of Salty trying to play defense, and not willing to accept the fact that Lavarnway could do as well or better, plus hit much better?
    Iglesias at SS would tighten up the defense, thus saving our starters on their pitch count. And certainly with our offense we can afford to carry Iglesias's bat, and who knows he may hit .240 or better in the bigs. Again put Aviles in the outfield and make room for Iglesias.
    Now some want to bring Melancon back, so it might work this time, but one month in Pawtucket does not guarantee success, but I'd be willing to take another chance with him. Put Doubront and Bard back in the pen, let Aceves start and hope our 3 ACES start pitching like they are truly ACES.