I bet Billy Beane would take Youk

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I bet Billy Beane would take Youk

Grant Balfour gave up a walkoff HR today. Just sayin...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Re: I bet Billy Beane would take Youk

He'd may take him in exchange for Balfour if BenC pays Youks salary.

There is no way Beane takes Youk even up without a large amount of cash going to the A's.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: I bet Billy Beane would take Youk:
    He'd may take him in exchange for Balfour if BenC pays Youks salary. There is no way Beane takes Youk even up without a large amount of cash going to the A's.
    Posted by MadMc44

of course he'd take the greek god of walks

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

he's on his honeymoon....that is why the fake injury

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

We wouldn't have many complaints--nor would he--if Youk were still playing 1B.  If he can get his swing back, he will be valuable to somebody else at 1B, where he has won one gold glove. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from angeroo. Show angeroo's posts

posted at 4/30/2012 10:23 AM EDT

First: 9/11/2008
    Last: 4/30/2012
    he's on his honeymoon....that is why the fake injury

If that's the case then somethings wrong.  I'm sorry but if you make 12 mil a year, take your damn honeymoon in the offseason....

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pierreisme. Show pierreisme's posts

the a's trade pitchers because they are arbritration eligible and somehow they will take youkilis? please start paying attn to baseball before you comment on it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from angeroo. Show angeroo's posts

the a's trade pitchers because they are arbritration eligible and somehow they will take youkilis? please start paying attn to baseball before you comment on it.
    Posted by pierreisme

Billy Beane would absolutely trade for Youk..IF the Sox pick up a lot of his contract.. Definately something to think about.  He got on-base extrordinaire Manny for a dime and he's wanted Youk forever.  If they have a good piece or two..Who know's?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

I'd unload him in an instant for some decent pitching, but why would any GM want a guy who has been injury prone of late and whose career appears to be on a downward slide. Cincinnati might have been a possibility, since Youk has expressed a desire to end his career there, but I think we've waited too long and I'm not sure that their pitching isn't as bad as ours.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Posted by pierreisme
    And you might try growing a sense of humor before you rip people.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Pierre--rent Moneyball--enough said.
    Beane is not that  far away from a very competitive team. If he picks up Youk for the middle of the lineup to go with Reddick and Cespedes--speed with Crisp and Weeks. A good catcher in Suzuki. When Manny is ready in another 30 games as the DH.

So the answer to the question would Beane take Youk--yes if the price is right and hopefully for Youks sake, to play first not third.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Pierre--rent Moneyball--enough said. Beane is not that  far away from a very competitive team. If he picks up Youk for the middle of the lineup to go with Reddick and Cespedes--speed with Crisp and Weeks. A good catcher in Suzuki. When Manny is ready in another 30 games as the DH. So the answer to the question would Beane take Youk--yes if the price is right and hopefully for Youks sake, to play first not third.
    Posted by MadMc44
    I think that could be a july deal if Youk heats up and Middlebrooks stays hot.

Sections
Shortcuts