I blew that call

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I blew that call

I did correctly predict Youk wouldn't go to LF, but was dead wrong thinking Bobby V would still want to put a good bat out there to go with Nava and whoever would play CF.  I figured Middlebrooks or AGon.  Nope.  AGon's at first tonight, Youk is at 3B, and Middlebrooks is standing by.  A little more pressure on Lester to pitch like an ace.

May I also say I pretty much support whatever lineup Bobby V goes with.  He's done pretty well so far. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Re: I blew that call

I did correctly predict Youk wouldn't go to LF

Wow, you really went out on a limb to "predict" that one. I didn't predict Youk would go to LF, I stated that Cherry and his fellow bean counters needed to order Youk to play LF and keep AGon's 150 million owed at first base. Middlebrooks, unlike the wooden Youk, is young and agile in fielding 3B. Since Youk is down to a matter of few months left on his Red Sox career, great move for Middlebrooks confidence to bench him, after he produced quality plate and fielding work, in favor of a player who hasn't sustained any kind of quality plate work since last summer.

Sticking Youk out in the area that the great Manny Ramirez once patrolled is the way to go. "See the ball and catch the ball and play deep enough to field the big hop and avoid the wall at all costs like Ellsbury does".

4 or more and 3 or less will decide this series. The pressure isn't on Lester, it's on the Red Sox offense to produce 4 or more runs against the great pitching of the Tampa Roller Derby Ring with Hockey Foghorn and Empty Seats Tampax Rays.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenwellforpresident. Show greenwellforpresident's posts

In Response to Re: I blew that call:
    I did correctly predict Youk wouldn't go to LF Wow, you really went out on a limb to "predict" that one. I didn't predict Youk would go to LF, I stated that Cherry and his fellow bean counters needed to order Youk to play LF and keep AGon's 150 million owed at first base. Middlebrooks, unlike the wooden Youk, is young and agile in fielding 3B. Since Youk is down to a matter of few months left on his Red Sox career, great move for Middlebrooks confidence to bench him, after he produced quality plate and fielding work, in favor of a player who hasn't sustained any kind of quality plate work since last summer. Sticking Youk out in the area that the great Manny Ramirez once patrolled is the way to go. "See the ball and catch the ball and play deep enough to field the big hop and avoid the wall at all costs like Ellsbury does". 4 or more and 3 or less will decide this series. The pressure isn't on Lester, it's on the Red Sox offense to produce 4 or more runs against the great pitching of the Tampa Roller Derby Ring with Hockey Foghorn and Empty Seats Tampax Rays.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Today line up:

1. Mike Aviles, SS

2. Dustin Pedroia, 2B

3. David Ortiz, DH

4. Adrian Gonzalez, 1B

5. Kevin Youkilis, 3B

6. Jarrod Saltalamacchia, C

7. Daniel Nava, LF

8. Marlon Byrd, RF

9. Scott Podsednik, CF

SP -- Jon Lester

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxu571. Show redsoxu571's posts

I did correctly predict Youk wouldn't go to LF Wow, you really went out on a limb to "predict" that one. I didn't predict Youk would go to LF, I stated that Cherry and his fellow bean counters needed to order Youk to play LF and keep AGon's 150 million owed at first base. Middlebrooks, unlike the wooden Youk, is young and agile in fielding 3B. Since Youk is down to a matter of few months left on his Red Sox career, great move for Middlebrooks confidence to bench him, after he produced quality plate and fielding work, in favor of a player who hasn't sustained any kind of quality plate work since last summer. Sticking Youk out in the area that the great Manny Ramirez once patrolled is the way to go. "See the ball and catch the ball and play deep enough to field the big hop and avoid the wall at all costs like Ellsbury does". 4 or more and 3 or less will decide this series. The pressure isn't on Lester, it's on the Red Sox offense to produce 4 or more runs against the great pitching of the Tampa Roller Derby Ring with Hockey Foghorn and Empty Seats Tampax Rays.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr

Though this isn't necessarily a "right or wrong" issue, most everything you said is reasonable. Your Youkilis plan if LF has its merits, and I also don't like the idea of putting Middlebrooks to waste (play him full time or send him to the minors for full playing time while we see what Youkilis can do).

However, I think what you meant to say in the bold part above is "great move giving a young kid a chance to catch his breath while also giving the team's second-longest tenured player (and one of the AL's best offensive forces for the past half-decade or so) a chance to show he can still get the job done".

I think, just maybe, Youkilis has done enough and been here long enough to justify a longer rope than you're offering him.

And if getting a little time off to accomodate a veteran would be all it takes for Middlebrooks to lose confidence, he wouldn't cut it in the majors anyway (thankfully, I think that he, like most baseball players, has a short memory and thick skin...he'll be fine).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Calling Middlebrooks sitting out for a game a 'benching' is ridiculous...It does the Sox no good to put Youk in a position he completely s.u.c.k.s at if in fact they are shopping him, and I believe they are..It does no good for other Gm's to see him at a position he will NEVER play for them...I think WMB knows he has a bright future with the Sox and in no way shape or form will he lose confidence if he has to sit out a game...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I think BenC has received requests from suitors that they would like to see if Youk can play well enough third to trade for. I would go out on a limb and say Youk will be on a different roster in a week.

In addition Middy needs a night or two off to catch his breath. You may have noticed that Lavarnway and Iggy are both raising their averages. Lavarnway is playing only about 75% of the PawSox games behind the plate with an occasional DH role. I'm wondering if before the trade deadline they move either Shop or Salty and Lav is promoted for the second half.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

In Response to Re: I blew that call : has anybody else noticed that hanky doesn't like ellsbury? is this a jilted lover syndrome?
    Posted by mryazz

you really really don't like A-Gon......so yeah

Also Middlebrooks has played every game since coming up, it's just a well deserved day off not that he wanted it. But you need to keep this guys fresh and not let the grind of the season wear on their bodies.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

I think BenC has received requests from suitors that they would like to see if Youk can play well enough third to trade for. I would go out on a limb and say Youk will be on a different roster in a week. In addition Middy needs a night or two off to catch his breath. You may have noticed that Lavarnway and Iggy are both raising their averages. Lavarnway is playing only about 75% of the PawSox games behind the plate with an occasional DH role. I'm wondering if before the trade deadline they move either Shop or Salty and Lav is promoted for the second half.
    Posted by MadMc44
    Keep wondering.

Sections
Shortcuts