I can't believe it ...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

I can't believe it ...

The Tampa Bay Rays are ... human after all...

I know that a week or two ago there were some here that didn't believe there was a snow ball's chance in Death Valley that the Rays weren't going to just sweep into the WS, leaving the poor Red Sox coughing in their/its dust kicking wake ...

And the Red Sox have gone on the August gut stripper away schedule ... and are 3-4 so far and Tampa Bay is 4 or 5 games up on us ... 

Uh, wait ... I'm looking at the MLB standings and it show the Red Sox AREN'T 5 games behind.   Must be a typo ... so I pull up Boston.com's sports page and see the Red Sox are UP on TB by 3 .... GOTTA be a mistake ... so, hmmm - the Boston Herald shows TB behind by 3 games .... not to the O's, but the Red Sox ...

Who'da thought ... just when TB was the inevitable champion ... they lost 5 in a row, 7 ot 10 ...

There's plenty of BB left.   But please don't tell me that we are doomed to lose because someone else is destiny's darling.   

GO RED SOX!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: I can't believe it ...

You do realize that if TB goes on a rampage we will all blame you for jinxing the Sox, don't you?

"Here we are trapped in the amber of the moment. There is no why.- Kurt Vonnegut

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Zetterberg80. Show Zetterberg80's posts

In response to SinceYaz's comment:

I know that a week or two ago there were some here that didn't believe there was a snow ball's chance in Death Valley that the Rays weren't going to just sweep into the WS, leaving the poor Red Sox coughing in their/its dust kicking wake ...

And the Red Sox have gone on the August gut stripper away schedule ... and are 3-4 so far and Tampa Bay is 4 or 5 games up on us ... 

Uh, wait ... I'm looking at the MLB standings and it show the Red Sox AREN'T 5 games behind.   Must be a typo ... so I pull up Boston.com's sports page and see the Red Sox are UP on TB by 3 .... GOTTA be a mistake ... so, hmmm - the Boston Herald shows TB behind by 3 games .... not to the O's, but the Red Sox ...

Who'da thought ... just when TB was the inevitable champion ... they lost 5 in a row, 7 ot 10 ...

There's plenty of BB left.   But please don't tell me that we are doomed to lose because someone else is destiny's darling.   

GO RED SOX!!!!!!

For all this talk about Tampa's great pitching, they are getting regular starts from Hellickson and Hernandez, two guys with ERAs approaching 5. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

In response to Zetterberg80's comment:

In response to SinceYaz's comment:

GO RED SOX!!!!!!

For all this talk about Tampa's great pitching, they are getting regular starts from Hellickson and Hernandez, two guys with ERAs approaching 5. 

Tampa is still a big concern, it seems injured pitchers will be back soon... But my greatest fear are the Orioles... Hope facts prove me wrong

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Hey ... who removed my opening?

Haaaaa!   Was it that hurtful to someone that it was removed?????????

Thanks for the fellas that kept it alive.

Please understand that I respect the Rays and O's - don't like em but I respect the talent and the leadership.  Bucky makes me sick .... Madden amazes me -  not only can he think but he looks like he could fit right in with Buddy Holly and the Crickets ...

It has been an amazing season so far and I am so pleased with the way Farrell has turned so much of the clubhouse around,  I am pleased with the squad Ben built around our core. I am pleased with the core being true leaders and playing their hearts out.  I am very pleased with the new guys and the prospects ... th future seems bright, not just for this hunt for a Red October, but for many to come.  Well done. lads!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

You do realize that if TB goes on a rampage we will all blame you for jinxing the Sox, don't you?

"Here we are trapped in the amber of the moment. There is no why.- Kurt Vonnegut

And I'll be remembered for the last pop up   instead of the career .... haha!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

truly pathetic that the OP was deleted...

shotty moderating.... GET YOU ACT TOGETHER MODS!

going to report my own post so they will se it too. DAMN! get a clue.....

Some say a storm is coming, Some say the end is near.

Some think it's all so hazy, I think it's all so clear.

Some say they have the answers, some say they know the truth.

Some people live in question, some people have no clue.

If there was no tomorrow, if there was just today.

would you make different choices? or would you stay the same?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I didnt believe the hype two weeks ago, nor do I believe they're dead now. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

In that case -- I think Tampa Bay is the best team ever and is simply an unstoppable juggernaught.Tongue Out

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

truly pathetic that the OP was deleted...

shotty moderating.... GET YOU ACT TOGETHER MODS!

going to report my own post so they will se it too. DAMN! get a clue.....

Some say a storm is coming, Some say the end is near.

Some think it's all so hazy, I think it's all so clear.

Some say they have the answers, some say they know the truth.

Some people live in question, some people have no clue.

If there was no tomorrow, if there was just today.

would you make different choices? or would you stay the same?

"They're only words.  But words are all I have ... to (make my point)"   {BeeGees, long before disco ...}

Thanks for taking on the Windmills, good sir! (Don Quixote ....)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

I didnt believe the hype two weeks ago, nor do I believe they're dead now. 

Sensible, sensible.  Not sure that fits in some folks definition of Fan ... but fanatic doesn't have to mean stupid while one is all in !!!!!

I agree, BTW ... they will be pushing until the last out ...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Remember that Tampa just got back from playing the LA/Sf part of their schedule.

The Sox will be out there next week, and lets hope that they can at least split the six games.

This upcoming trip makes the Toronto and Yankee series very important this week.

Sections
Shortcuts