I can't read Lester at all . . .

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I can't read Lester at all . . .

Last night I was certain he was going to have a short night because he was throwing almost all fastballs and occasional cutters, and early on the Tigers looked like they loved what he was throwing.  Glad I was wrong.  That was a great outing against the best offense in baseball with their ace on the mound. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: I can't read Lester at all . . .

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Last night I was certain he was going to have a short night because he was throwing almost all fastballs and occasional cutters, and early on the Tigers looked like they loved what he was throwing.  Glad I was wrong.  That was a great outing against the best offense in baseball with their ace on the mound. 

It seemed he had to find what worked for him last night. Surprisingly, it was the pitch that has been the least effective for him this year. His cutter. He had that pitch going on last night and relied on it heavily. When its working, its a knock out pitch.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Last night he pitched like you would expect an ace to pitch in that in the early innings, he was trying to find what's working then gets stronger as the game goes on.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Not enough is said about Middlebrook's CLUTCH hit, and the hits leading up to it. Nice!

Reading some Posts here, man on 3rd and 2nd, 1 Out, a Strikeout there wouldn't have been big deal. Strikeouts are overated. Laughing

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In all year along, these announcers of the NESN kept saying that Lester is afraid to use his fastball or cutters to pitch around the location.  That is why he throw alot of change ups where he give easy runs.

But last nite he threw alot of fastballs , cutters, and change ups that were all below the strike zone.  No need to throw too much curve balls or change up that is above half way of the strike zone.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

In all year along, these announcers of the NESN kept saying that Lester is afraid to use his fastball or cutters to pitch around the location.  That is why he throw alot of change ups where he give easy runs.

But last nite he threw alot of fastballs , cutters, and change ups that were all below the strike zone.  No need to throw too much curve balls or change up that is above half way of the strike zone.

He was afraid because it wasnt working that good this year for some reason. He used it last night a lot because it was really shrp and dropping down and in on RHH like its supposed to. Having that at his disposal is bad news for opposing batters.