I could be the next GM of the Red Sox. Folks here's your 2012 Boston Red Sox.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

I could be the next GM of the Red Sox. Folks here's your 2012 Boston Red Sox.

As many of you know, I'm highly regared as a pure baseball genius on this forum.  I'd like to share my solution for fixing his team.

1.  First and foremost, the entire training and medical staff will be exited from the organization.

2.  I would offer to pay up to 70% of John Lackey's contract to get rid of him.  I would consider a salary dump for salary dump transaction.  Would the Cubs consider a 1 for 1 swap:  Lackey for Zambrano?  Maybe a change of scenery would do both of them well.  Either way, the top priority is getting Lackey off of this team for 2012.

3.  Hold ground and do not go more than 2 years for David Ortiz.  Let him test the waters.  If he leaves, he leaves.  I don't see the Yankees signing him so after that, who else in the AL would give him big money to DH?  Maybe back to MIN?  Baltimore perhaps?  The list is very short.  I say he comes back on a 2 year deal.

4.  Trade Kevin Youkilis.  I don't see any team trading for him to be a DH for a season.  I see him filling a team's need at 1B.  How about trading him to San Francisco in a deal to get Jonathan Sanchez?  He can give San Fran another bat that can help get them over the hump in the AL West.

5.  Re-sign Papelbon.  Similar to the Ortiz situation, I just don't see a big market for the guy.  I think he comes back at 3 years/$40M

6.  Re-sign Aceves.  This guy may get more money elsewhere, but he was a key part to this team and one of the few reliable pitchers on the staff.

7.  Follow Lou Merloni's advice and try Bard as a starter.  It's worth the gamble at this point because starters are hard to come by.

8.  Do not bring back Wakefield.  Too much selfishness and poor pitching.  If he wants to talk about a minor league contract or a part-time role mid-season, I'd keep an ear open.

9.  Go after additional pitching and role the dice on a reclamation project.  Brandon Webb?  Chris Young?

10.  Pick up a few additional bullpen pieces.  I don't think this bullpen as that bad this year and I think an improved rotation can make it better next year.  Maybe grab Kyle Farnsworth and Jeremy Affeldt.  The setup role will work itself out.

11.  The top target should be Nick Swisher but I don't see the Yankees declining his option... especially if the Red Sox are in.  Either way get a right handed OF bat that can platoon with Kalish/Reddick and fill in in case they don't work out.  Ryan Ludwick may not be able to find a starting job.  Maybe he can be that guy.  Andrew Jones also makes alot of sense here.

12.  Work to bring Scutaro back.  He can play SS and 3B along with Aviles.  I think his return is 50/50 but I have a gut feeling that he will be back.

13.  My gut is that Varitek will come back for one more final season and he is more than welcomed back.

14.  Get rid of Jed Lowrie.

Folks, here is my early prediction at the 2012 Red Sox roster.  Next year will be difficult because there isn't much to work with in free agency and the money spent is very limited.

Rotation
    :

1.  Beckett
    2.  Lester
    3.  Buchholz
    4.  Jonathan Sanchez
    5.  Bard

Depth:  Chris Young, Doubront, Weiland, Tazawa, Alex Wilson

Bullpen:

1.  Papelbon
    2.  Fransworth
    3.  J.C. Romero
    4.  Aceves
    5.  Morales
    6.  Wheeler
    7.  Jenks

Depth/Competition:  Albers, Atchinson, Doubront, Bowden

Lineup:

1.  Ellsbury cf
    2.  Scuatro 3b/ss
    3.  Gonzalez 1b
    4.  Pedroia 2b
    5.  Ortiz dh
    6.  Kalish/Andruw Jones rf
    7.  Crawford lf
    8.  Saltalamaccia c
    9.  Aviles 3b/ss

Bench:  John McDonald (leadership and guidance for Iglesias who may be ready at some point next year), Andruw Jones (primarily), Conor Jackson, Varitek

Depth:  Iglesias, Lavarnway, Middlebrooks

Note:  Reddick will be traded for an opportunity to play and develop elsewhere

Folks, it may not look pretty but the Sox have to go into next year with roster flexibility so that they can players from within the farm system.  Iglesias, Middlebrooks, Lavarnway, and Kalish all have a shot to make a major impact for next season and the future.  At the end of the day, it all starts with the pitching.  A few shakeups at the backend and better conditioning could get this team right back on track.  I know it's an early prediction, but here's how I see things shaking out in 2012.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Re: I could be the next GM of the Red Sox. Folks here's your 2012 Boston Red Sox.

In Response to Re: I could be the next GM of the Red Sox. Folks here's your 2012 Boston Red Sox.:
    SoxPatsCeltics1988: Please make Seattle an offer they can't refuse for Felix Hernandez. 1. Hernandez 2. Lester 3. Buchholz 4. Beckett 5.  Bard
    Posted by 2004Idiots

Hernandez starts with someone like Lester in return.  Unless you literally empty the entire farm:  Lavarnway, Iglesias, Kalish, Ranaudo.  Even then they probably couldn't get it done.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: I could be the next GM of the Red Sox. Folks here's your 2012 Boston Red Sox.

Well you certainly have plenty of free time.

It would take me a week to type up a post like that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: I could be the next GM of the Red Sox. Folks here's your 2012 Boston Red Sox.:
    In Response to Re: I could be the next GM of the Red Sox. Folks here's your 2012 Boston Red Sox. : Hernandez starts with someone like Lester in return.  Unless you literally empty the entire farm:  Lavarnway, Iglesias, Kalish, Ranaudo.  Even then they probably couldn't get it done.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988

How about putting Jacoby on the table for Felix.  In fact.  How about Jacoby and Clay for Felix?  I would offer to extend Jacoby...he would decline.  I would trade him at that point.
    John Macdonald is interesting.  He was loved in Toronto.  But the bottom line is we need to get rid of some people.  Youk and Lackey are leading the way.  Youk will never be a regular 3B for this club.  Wonder if Cincy would take him for Phillips. I realize he is a 2B but he is athletic enough to convert to 3B.  Lots of SS do it.  Or I wonder if a Youk for David Wright deal could be consumed. 
    Heck why I am in fantasy land how about Youk/Lackey for Werth and we eat some of Lackey's contract.
    I am open for lots of options at this point.  But I put my Youk tshirt away forever.  I believe he is the clubhouse poison.  His ego was over lapped by his belly.  Time for Youk to go. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

In Response to Re: I could be the next GM of the Red Sox. Folks here's your 2012 Boston Red Sox. : How about putting Jacoby on the table for Felix.  In fact.  How about Jacoby and Clay for Felix?  I would offer to extend Jacoby...he would decline.  I would trade him at that point. John Macdonald is interesting.  He was loved in Toronto.  But the bottom line is we need to get rid of some people.  Youk and Lackey are leading the way.  Youk will never be a regular 3B for this club.  Wonder if Cincy would take him for Phillips. I realize he is a 2B but he is athletic enough to convert to 3B.  Lots of SS do it.  Or I wonder if a Youk for David Wright deal could be consumed.  Heck why I am in fantasy land how about Youk/Lackey for Werth and we eat some of Lackey's contract. I am open for lots of options at this point.  But I put my Youk tshirt away forever.  I believe he is the clubhouse poison.  His ego was over lapped by his belly.  Time for Youk to go. 
    Posted by shuperman

Youk for Wright is interesting.  I'm assuming that it would take more than just Youk though.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

ORTIZ, WAKEFIELD,YOUK,DREW,LACKY, BECKETT,TEK, NEEDS TO GO..... THEO, I DON'T CARE HOW YOU DO IT, BUT DO IT !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806

I don't think you have to ask Drew twice to leave let alone once.  That guy is already gone.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Andrew Jones and Nick Swisher?
    YOU'RE FIRED!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

I could be the next owner of the Red Sox. Theo would be long gone.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

its going to be the same team as last year. cmon people. The only real change needed was at GM. I would have kept Terry Francona

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arodswallows. Show Arodswallows's posts

everybody wants Felix, not gonna happen

cant move Bard unless Papelblown stays

please no Andrew Jones rumors, make me wanna throw up

Youk, is declining, that one is true, but who you play there?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickEO. Show RickEO's posts

Resigning (3 yrs 36) Papelbon is a no brainer but must work on OFFSPEED pitch.
     Resign Ortiz 2yrs 17 mill.
     Youkilis to dh if Ortiz decides 17 mill isnt enough.
     Bard definately becomes a starter and he works on OFFSPEED pitch.
     Crawford works on his defense and that hideous open stance.
     Round of applause to Wakefield and a buh bye.
     Lavarnway & Salty fight it out in springtraing.
     If we dont sign or trade for a Cuddyer -Quentin type ,Reddick (moremuscle)      & kalish fight it out.
     Cant believe im typing this but pickup Scutaros option.
     Sign Bobby V and Rick Peterson and someone, any1 who can coach 3rd base.
     Demand we pay attention to runners on base.
     Tell Adrian Gonzalez its OK to show emotion.
     Resign jd drew(kidding)
     Switch Lackey for: Werth ,Zito J.Bay etc. Not Zambrano
     Draft only Pitchers in first 10 rounds of amateur draft.

1. Lester
      2. Beckett
      3. Buchholz
      4. Bard
      5. Dice K.

1. Crawford
      2. Pedroia
      3. Ellsbury
      4. Gonzalez
      5. Youkilis
      6. Ortiz
      7. Quentin- Cuddyer - Werth - Kalish. u pick
      8. Salty
      9. Scutaro

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from leeang143. Show leeang143's posts

stop using crack?  In Response to Re: I could be the next GM of the Red Sox. Folks here's your 2012 Boston Red Sox.:
    In Response to Re: I could be the next GM of the Red Sox. Folks here's your 2012 Boston Red Sox. : How about putting Jacoby on the table for Felix.  In fact.  How about Jacoby and Clay for Felix?  I would offer to extend Jacoby...he would decline.  I would trade him at that point. John Macdonald is interesting.  He was loved in Toronto.  But the bottom line is we need to get rid of some people.  Youk and Lackey are leading the way.  Youk will never be a regular 3B for this club.  Wonder if Cincy would take him for Phillips. I realize he is a 2B but he is athletic enough to convert to 3B.  Lots of SS do it.  Or I wonder if a Youk for David Wright deal could be consumed.  Heck why I am in fantasy land how about Youk/Lackey for Werth and we eat some of Lackey's contract. I am open for lots of options at this point.  But I put my Youk tshirt away forever.  I believe he is the clubhouse poison.  His ego was over lapped by his belly.  Time for Youk to go. 
    Posted by shuperman

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

Why would one believe Daniel Bard can suddenly become an effective starting pitcher?

As a college pitcher, Bard started zero games in three years at North Carolina. That's zero.  They never bothered to even try it once.

The Red Sox experimented with Bard as a starter in his first year of minor league baseball in 2007, which was an abject failure, as he walked more batters than innings pitched.

Bard has had success as a relief pitcher - and only as a relief pitcher - and even pitching only one inning, he occasionally loses his arm slot, his command of the strike zone, and control. 

But, he can occasionally get away with mediocre command due to a fastball that nearly touches three digits and by pitching to free swingers; however, he never has to face a batter twice in a game, much less three or four times.

If Daniel Bard could not start in college or in the low minors, how can one simply pencil him in the starting rotation of a contending MLB team, and a team in the American League East?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Would it be possible to require the Cubs to take on Lackey if they sign Theo?  No need for any compensation, just have them take Lackey.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Why would one believe Daniel Bard can suddenly become an effective starting pitcher? As a college pitcher, Bard started zero games in three years at North Carolina. That's zero.  They never bothered to even try it once. The Red Sox experimented with Bard as a starter in his first year of minor league baseball in 2007, which was an abject failure, as he walked more batters than innings pitched. Bard has had success as a relief pitcher - and only as a relief pitcher - and even pitching only one inning, he occasionally loses his arm slot, his command of the strike zone, and control.  But, he can occasionally get away with mediocre command due to a fastball that nearly touches three digits and by pitching to free swingers; however, he never has to face a batter twice in a game, much less three or four times. If Daniel Bard could not start in college or in the low minors, how can one simply pencil him in the starting rotation of a contending MLB team, and a team in the American League East?
    Posted by Pass-the-hubris-please

Looks like someone is making up statistics.

http://tarheelblue.cstv.com/sports/m-basebl/mtt/bard_daniel00.html

Bard started 45 games in college, lol.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

In Response to I could be the next GM of the Red Sox. Folks here's your 2012 Boston Red Sox.:
    As many of you know, I'm highly regared as a pure baseball genius on this forum.  I'd like to share my solution for fixing his team. 1.  First and foremost, the entire training and medical staff will be exited from the organization. 2.  I would offer to pay up to 70% of John Lackey's contract to get rid of him.  I would consider a salary dump for salary dump transaction.  Would the Cubs consider a 1 for 1 swap:  Lackey for Zambrano?  Maybe a change of scenery would do both of them well.  Either way, the top priority is getting Lackey off of this team for 2012. 3.  Hold ground and do not go more than 2 years for David Ortiz.  Let him test the waters.  If he leaves, he leaves.  I don't see the Yankees signing him so after that, who else in the AL would give him big money to DH?  Maybe back to MIN?  Baltimore perhaps?  The list is very short.  I say he comes back on a 2 year deal. 4.  Trade Kevin Youkilis.  I don't see any team trading for him to be a DH for a season.  I see him filling a team's need at 1B.  How about trading him to San Francisco in a deal to get Jonathan Sanchez?  He can give San Fran another bat that can help get them over the hump in the AL West. 5.  Re-sign Papelbon.  Similar to the Ortiz situation, I just don't see a big market for the guy.  I think he comes back at 3 years/$40M 6.  Re-sign Aceves.  This guy may get more money elsewhere, but he was a key part to this team and one of the few reliable pitchers on the staff. 7.  Follow Lou Merloni's advice and try Bard as a starter.  It's worth the gamble at this point because starters are hard to come by. 8.  Do not bring back Wakefield.  Too much selfishness and poor pitching.  If he wants to talk about a minor league contract or a part-time role mid-season, I'd keep an ear open. 9.  Go after additional pitching and role the dice on a reclamation project.  Brandon Webb?  Chris Young? 10.  Pick up a few additional bullpen pieces.  I don't think this bullpen as that bad this year and I think an improved rotation can make it better next year.  Maybe grab Kyle Farnsworth and Jeremy Affeldt.  The setup role will work itself out. 11.  The top target should be Nick Swisher but I don't see the Yankees declining his option... especially if the Red Sox are in.  Either way get a right handed OF bat that can platoon with Kalish/Reddick and fill in in case they don't work out.  Ryan Ludwick may not be able to find a starting job.  Maybe he can be that guy.  Andrew Jones also makes alot of sense here. 12.  Work to bring Scutaro back.  He can play SS and 3B along with Aviles.  I think his return is 50/50 but I have a gut feeling that he will be back. 13.  My gut is that Varitek will come back for one more final season and he is more than welcomed back. 14.  Get rid of Jed Lowrie. Folks, here is my early prediction at the 2012 Red Sox roster.  Next year will be difficult because there isn't much to work with in free agency and the money spent is very limited. Rotation : 1.  Beckett 2.  Lester 3.  Buchholz 4.  Jonathan Sanchez 5.  Bard Depth:  Chris Young, Doubront, Weiland, Tazawa, Alex Wilson Bullpen : 1.  Papelbon 2.  Fransworth 3.  J.C. Romero 4.  Aceves 5.  Morales 6.  Wheeler 7.  Jenks Depth/Competition:  Albers, Atchinson, Doubront, Bowden Lineup : 1.  Ellsbury cf 2.  Scuatro 3b/ss 3.  Gonzalez 1b 4.  Pedroia 2b 5.  Ortiz dh 6.  Kalish/Andruw Jones rf 7.  Crawford lf 8.  Saltalamaccia c 9.  Aviles 3b/ss Bench:  John McDonald (leadership and guidance for Iglesias who may be ready at some point next year), Andruw Jones (primarily), Conor Jackson, Varitek Depth:  Iglesias, Lavarnway, Middlebrooks Note:  Reddick will be traded for an opportunity to play and develop elsewhere Folks, it may not look pretty but the Sox have to go into next year with roster flexibility so that they can players from within the farm system.  Iglesias, Middlebrooks, Lavarnway, and Kalish all have a shot to make a major impact for next season and the future.  At the end of the day, it all starts with the pitching.  A few shakeups at the backend and better conditioning could get this team right back on track.  I know it's an early prediction, but here's how I see things shaking out in 2012.

Um RIGHT! Next contestant please!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cglassanos. Show cglassanos's posts

Resigning (3 yrs 36) Papelbon is a no brainer but must work on OFFSPEED pitch.  Resign Ortiz 2yrs 17 mill.  Youkilis to dh if Ortiz decides 17 mill isnt enough.  Bard definately becomes a starter and he works on OFFSPEED pitch.  Crawford works on his defense and that hideous open stance.  Round of applause to Wakefield and a buh bye.  Lavarnway & Salty fight it out in springtraing.  If we dont sign or trade for a Cuddyer -Quentin type ,Reddick (moremuscle)      & kalish fight it out.  Cant believe im typing this but pickup Scutaros option.  Sign Bobby V and Rick Peterson and someone, any1 who can coach 3rd base.  Demand we pay attention to runners on base.  Tell Adrian Gonzalez its OK to show emotion.  Resign jd drew(kidding)  Switch Lackey for: Werth ,Zito J.Bay etc. Not Zambrano  Draft only Pitchers in first 10 rounds of amateur draft.   1. Lester   2. Beckett   3. Buchholz   4. Bard   5. Dice K.   1. Crawford   2. Pedroia   3. Ellsbury   4. Gonzalez   5. Youkilis   6. Ortiz   7. Quentin- Cuddyer - Werth - Kalish. u pick   8. Salty   9. Scutaro  
    Posted by RickEO

Dice-K is pretty much done for next year too, right?  At least thats the impression I had but I could be wrong.

Loved the part about Wakey.  Got a good chuckle!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Matsuzaka might be in the mix by August-September 2012. He's not entirely out of the picture. He's recovering from Tommy John surgery, and is apparently slightly ahead of schedule.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In Response to I could be the next GM of the Red Sox. Folks here's your 2012 Boston Red Sox.:
    As many of you know, I'm highly regared as a pure baseball genius on this forum.  I'd like to share my solution for fixing his team. 1.  First and foremost, the entire training and medical staff will be exited from the organization. 2.  I would offer to pay up to 70% of John Lackey's contract to get rid of him.  I would consider a salary dump for salary dump transaction.  Would the Cubs consider a 1 for 1 swap:  Lackey for Zambrano?  Maybe a change of scenery would do both of them well.  Either way, the top priority is getting Lackey off of this team for 2012. 3.  Hold ground and do not go more than 2 years for David Ortiz.  Let him test the waters.  If he leaves, he leaves.  I don't see the Yankees signing him so after that, who else in the AL would give him big money to DH?  Maybe back to MIN?  Baltimore perhaps?  The list is very short.  I say he comes back on a 2 year deal. 4.  Trade Kevin Youkilis.  I don't see any team trading for him to be a DH for a season.  I see him filling a team's need at 1B.  How about trading him to San Francisco in a deal to get Jonathan Sanchez?  He can give San Fran another bat that can help get them over the hump in the AL West. 5.  Re-sign Papelbon.  Similar to the Ortiz situation, I just don't see a big market for the guy.  I think he comes back at 3 years/$40M 6.  Re-sign Aceves.  This guy may get more money elsewhere, but he was a key part to this team and one of the few reliable pitchers on the staff. 7.  Follow Lou Merloni's advice and try Bard as a starter.  It's worth the gamble at this point because starters are hard to come by. 8.  Do not bring back Wakefield.  Too much selfishness and poor pitching.  If he wants to talk about a minor league contract or a part-time role mid-season, I'd keep an ear open. 9.  Go after additional pitching and role the dice on a reclamation project.  Brandon Webb?  Chris Young? 10.  Pick up a few additional bullpen pieces.  I don't think this bullpen as that bad this year and I think an improved rotation can make it better next year.  Maybe grab Kyle Farnsworth and Jeremy Affeldt.  The setup role will work itself out. 11.  The top target should be Nick Swisher but I don't see the Yankees declining his option... especially if the Red Sox are in.  Either way get a right handed OF bat that can platoon with Kalish/Reddick and fill in in case they don't work out.  Ryan Ludwick may not be able to find a starting job.  Maybe he can be that guy.  Andrew Jones also makes alot of sense here. 12.  Work to bring Scutaro back.  He can play SS and 3B along with Aviles.  I think his return is 50/50 but I have a gut feeling that he will be back. 13.  My gut is that Varitek will come back for one more final season and he is more than welcomed back. 14.  Get rid of Jed Lowrie. Folks, here is my early prediction at the 2012 Red Sox roster.  Next year will be difficult because there isn't much to work with in free agency and the money spent is very limited. Rotation : 1.  Beckett 2.  Lester 3.  Buchholz 4.  Jonathan Sanchez 5.  Bard Depth:  Chris Young, Doubront, Weiland, Tazawa, Alex Wilson Bullpen : 1.  Papelbon 2.  Fransworth 3.  J.C. Romero 4.  Aceves 5.  Morales 6.  Wheeler 7.  Jenks Depth/Competition:  Albers, Atchinson, Doubront, Bowden Lineup : 1.  Ellsbury cf 2.  Scuatro 3b/ss 3.  Gonzalez 1b 4.  Pedroia 2b 5.  Ortiz dh 6.  Kalish/Andruw Jones rf 7.  Crawford lf 8.  Saltalamaccia c 9.  Aviles 3b/ss Bench:  John McDonald (leadership and guidance for Iglesias who may be ready at some point next year), Andruw Jones (primarily), Conor Jackson, Varitek Depth:  Iglesias, Lavarnway, Middlebrooks Note:  Reddick will be traded for an opportunity to play and develop elsewhere Folks, it may not look pretty but the Sox have to go into next year with roster flexibility so that they can players from within the farm system.  Iglesias, Middlebrooks, Lavarnway, and Kalish all have a shot to make a major impact for next season and the future.  At the end of the day, it all starts with the pitching.  A few shakeups at the backend and better conditioning could get this team right back on track.  I know it's an early prediction, but here's how I see things shaking out in 2012.

I put in bold those ideas i liked...i would hire you!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Post this at spring training to see how wrong you are?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinjin5000. Show sinjin5000's posts

WHY DO YOU PEOPLE INSIST ON KEEP ORTIZ? HE'S KNOW WORTH 17 MIL.. HE'S SLOW, TERRIBLE ON THE BASES, DIDN'T HIT FOR SH... AFTER THE ALL STAR GAME. 

KEEP YOUK, MOVE HIM TO DH, FIND A DECENT 3RD BASEMAN, THEY ARE OUT THERE,

GET RID ON LACKEY, WHATEVER YOU HAVE TO EAT, EAT IT. THIS MAN HAS TO GO.

NEXT, GET RID OF WAKEFIELD,BEDARD,WHEELER,MILLER,MCDONALD,JENKS,

ASK VARITEK TO BE A COACH, HE HE DOESN'T WANT IT OR HE STILL WANTS TO PLAY, LET HIM MOVE ON. 

GO OUT AND FIND A GOOD 3RD BASEMAN, A GREAT RT FIELDER, 2 MORE BULL PEN PITCHERS, 

I WOULD CONSIDER TRADING ELSBURY IF THE RIGHT DEAL IS OUT THERE, 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from eman39. Show eman39's posts

Why would one believe Daniel Bard can suddenly become an effective starting pitcher? As a college pitcher, Bard started zero games in three years at North Carolina. That's zero.  They never bothered to even try it once. The Red Sox experimented with Bard as a starter in his first year of minor league baseball in 2007, which was an abject failure, as he walked more batters than innings pitched. Bard has had success as a relief pitcher - and only as a relief pitcher - and even pitching only one inning, he occasionally loses his arm slot, his command of the strike zone, and control.  But, he can occasionally get away with mediocre command due to a fastball that nearly touches three digits and by pitching to free swingers; however, he never has to face a batter twice in a game, much less three or four times. If Daniel Bard could not start in college or in the low minors, how can one simply pencil him in the starting rotation of a contending MLB team, and a team in the American League East?
    Posted by Pass-the-hubris-please

somebody looks pretty foolish.  Don't you know, before speaking or typing, know what you are talking about first????

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

WHY DO YOU PEOPLE INSIST ON KEEP ORTIZ? HE'S KNOW WORTH 17 MIL.. HE'S SLOW, TERRIBLE ON THE BASES, DIDN'T HIT FOR SH... AFTER THE ALL STAR GAME.  KEEP YOUK, MOVE HIM TO DH, FIND A DECENT 3RD BASEMAN, THEY ARE OUT THERE, GET RID ON LACKEY, WHATEVER YOU HAVE TO EAT, EAT IT. THIS MAN HAS TO GO. NEXT, GET RID OF WAKEFIELD,BEDARD,WHEELER,MILLER,MCDONALD,JENKS, ASK VARITEK TO BE A COACH, HE HE DOESN'T WANT IT OR HE STILL WANTS TO PLAY, LET HIM MOVE ON.  GO OUT AND FIND A GOOD 3RD BASEMAN, A GREAT RT FIELDER, 2 MORE BULL PEN PITCHERS,  I WOULD CONSIDER TRADING ELSBURY IF THE RIGHT DEAL IS OUT THERE,     
    Posted by sinjin5000

Why wouldn't you bring back Tek?  He's happy with the backup role.

Sections
Shortcuts