I digress....

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Re: I digress....

In response to kimsaysthis's comment:

In response to Beantowne's comment:

Just wondering why every thread has to digress to juvenielle name calling? It's getting tougher and tougher to find a thread that's not polluted with personal attacks that have nothing to to with thread topic....

Pinstripezac has attacked a number of my posts, and has put up insulting pictures of me. I think that trumps insulting comments. You apparently appreciate his posts as he's a pal of yours. So, I find it interesting that you create a thread somehow putting yourself above it all.

My advice to you and posters like you, for the most part from the other site, if you don't like abusive posts here, tell your friends to stop abusing Sox fans here. This is a Sox board. We should be able to post whatever we want here without being beaten up by Yankee trolls that some of you call your friends.

And FTR, your vague post is a little on the cowardly side as well. I've never written a vague post. When I'm posting about something, there is no question as to what or whom I'm referring to.

Kim,

First off I don't see myself as above anyone nor was the intent of this thread to police the board. I'll leave that to Dottie...The intent or rather my intent was merely just to raise the issue and hope that we might begin the new year debating on the merits of the arguments without the need to use perjoritives and insults. Comments that serve to clutter many of the threads making it difficult to follow the chain of comments pertenent to the threads topic.

As for your relantionship and opinion of Zac and his fellow Yankee fans. Frankly that's none of my concern. Zac and I go way back, to the old "dem Yanks" on the old BDC and not unlike you at the begining I was taken aback by his rye humor and I too think he goes too far at times. Again when he steps over the line it's Dottie's job to police his posts.

Unlike you, I welcome fans from every team to visit and offer thier opins. Makes for some lively discussions and if one is open to learning, you can glean an lot of knowlegde in the process of a good debate. Where we didsagree is that I don't see this as a homer Red Sox site. Frankly if it were I'd probably go elsewhere.

Lastly, calling me a coward is a bit strong and since I don't feel the need to defend my honor or intergrity, I'll let your words ring hollow. In the end I welcome your feedback. I'll close with a question and a statement that I hope elicits a response which is a catalyst for an on going debate...

Kim, why do you feel so strongly about ridding this board of all fans not loyal to the Red Sox? I think that this board is a better forum with a diverse audience and in particular fans that are loyal to our hated rivals...

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I think you misinterpret much of what guys like  ADG, Gerom and I are trying to convey. Just because we bash BC, it doen't mean we hate the Sox. 

The three of you hate every player on the RS, hate the front office, and have basically bashed everything about the Red Sox.  ADG went so far as to say the Hanrahan trade was a dumb move, before he even knew who was being traded.

You can't hate all things RS, sign onto a RS board, and expect that there won't be some contentious issues.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Just wondering why every thread has to digress to juvenielle name calling? It's getting tougher and tougher to find a thread that's not polluted with personal attacks that have nothing to to with thread topic....

Pinstripezac has attacked a number of my posts, and has put up insulting pictures of me. I think that trumps insulting comments. You apparently appreciate his posts as he's a pal of yours. So, I find it interesting that you create a thread somehow putting yourself above it all.

My advice to you and posters like you, for the most part from the other site, if you don't like abusive posts here, tell your friends to stop abusing Sox fans here. This is a Sox board. We should be able to post whatever we want here without being beaten up by Yankee trolls that some of you call your friends.

And FTR, your vague post is a little on the cowardly side as well. I've never written a vague post. When I'm posting about something, there is no question as to what or whom I'm referring to.

Kim,

First off I don't see myself as above anyone nor was the intent of this thread to police the board. I'll leave that to Dottie...The intent or rather my intent was merely just to raise the issue and hope that we might begin the new year debating on the merits of the arguments without the need to use perjoritives and insults. Comments that serve to clutter many of the threads making it difficult to follow the chain of comments pertenent to the threads topic.

As for your relantionship and opinion of Zac and his fellow Yankee fans. Frankly that's none of my concern. Zac and I go way back, to the old "dem Yanks" on the old BDC and not unlike you at the begining I was taken aback by his rye humor and I too think he goes too far at times. Again when he steps over the line it's Dottie's job to police his posts.

Unlike you, I welcome fans from every team to visit and offer thier opins. Makes for some lively discussions and if one is open to learning, you can glean an lot of knowlegde in the process of a good debate. Where we didsagree is that I don't see this as a homer Red Sox site. Frankly if it were I'd probably go elsewhere.

Lastly, calling me a coward is a bit strong and since I don't feel the need to defend my honor or intergrity, I'll let your words ring hollow. In the end I welcome your feedback. I'll close with a question and a statement that I hope elicits a response which is a catalyst for an on going debate...

Kim, why do you feel so strongly about ridding this board of all fans not loyal to the Red Sox? I think that this board is a better forum with a diverse audience and in particular fans that are loyal to our hated rivals...

Let me first say, I don't know how many times it could possibly be explained here that I'm never talking about all Yankee fans. This site seems to cultivate Yankee trolls, and with good reason, they know they're welcomed here. Most sights don't have rival team fans beating up posters on daily basis. Usually, the posters who make comments like yours are their friends who continue to group them all into a group called "the Yankee fans". Like Sox fans, there are all different posters. Viewing them as one group saying you like "the Yankee fans" or you don't like "the Yankees fans" is ridiculous. They are individual posters and should be viewed as such.

And the Dem Yanks thread was the worst thing to happen to this board. I wasn't here in those days, but to create a thread for rival teams fans and put it smack in the middle of a team board is the most abusive thing I've ever heard of. It must have been like occupy RSONFB. It's probably the reason we have so many Yankee trolls here like "Ben Cheringtom" who simply comes here to post insulting one-liners under all Sox fans' posts. If you are reading the board, you'd see HE is wrecking every thread with his nonsense. A new version of other screennames who have done the same.

You say I'm here to get rid of Yankee fans, when there are Yankee trolls here trying to get rid of Sox fans who say things they don't like about the Yankees. That's not coming here to discuss baseball, that's coming here with an agenda. When I first came here I created a thread about the Yankees buying up all the free agents, which they seemed to be doing at the time, and what that would mean for the Sox. I was hammered by Yankee fans here, mostly pintripezac -- and in some cases  -- their friends. I wound up leaving the board shocked that they had so much control here as to what was posted. Sox fans shouldn't be run off their own board because Yankee fans/trolls who post here don't approve of their posts.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

Let me first say, I don't know how many times it could possibly be explained here that I'm never talking about all Yankee fans. This site seems to cultivate Yankee trolls, and with good reason, they know they're welcomed here. Most sights don't have rival team fans beating up posters on daily basis. Usually, the posters who make comments like yours are their friends who continue to group them all into a group called "the Yankee fans". Like Sox fans, there are all different posters. Viewing them as one group saying you like "the Yankee fans" or you don't like "the Yankees fans" is ridiculous. They are individual posters and should be viewed as such.

And the Dem Yanks thread was the worst thing to happen to this board. I wasn't here in those days, but to create a thread for rival teams fans and put it smack in the middle of a team board is the most abusive thing I've ever heard of. It must have been like occupy RSONFB. It's probably the reason we have so many Yankee trolls here like "Ben Cheringtom" who simply comes here to post insulting one-liners under all Sox fans' posts. If you are reading the board, you'd see HE is wrecking every thread with his nonsense. A new version of other screennames who have done the same.

Yankee trolls are not welcomed here.  The problem with this site is that there is very little moderation.  Posters that would be quickly booted off other sites get to stick around forever here.  That's not just trolling Yankee fans, it's trolling Red Sox fans.  This site is a free-for-all mess, and anyone who wants to post here has to accept that fact and deal with it.

The Dem Yanks thread was fun.  It was made up about equally of Yankee fans and Sox fans.  There was good baseball discussion there.  There was also plenty of arguing and trash talking betwen Yankee fans and Sox fans, but it was fair fighting because both sides were well represented.  The two sides had a respect for each other.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Kim,

You say I'm here to get rid of Yankee fans, when there are Yankee trolls here trying to get rid of Sox fans who say things they don't like about the Yankees. That's not coming here to discuss baseball, that's coming here with an agenda. When I first came here I created a thread about the Yankees buying up all the free agents, which they seemed to be doing at the time, and what that would mean for the Sox. I was hammered by Yankee fans here, mostly pintripezac -- and in some cases  -- their friends. I wound up leaving the board shocked that they had so much control here as to what was posted. Sox fans shouldn't be run off their own board because Yankee fans/trolls who post here don't approve of their posts.

Kim,

My appologies for assuming that you wanted all Yankee fans banished. That is the impression I had given that your a diehard Red Sox fan who cleary has a distain for many of the Yankee fans that visit this site. Some of whom are indeed trools not all, some that you see as trolls I don't of which we can agree to disagree. As for your reference to trolls. There are many posters on this site that fall under the catergory of "troll"...Too include many pretending to be Sox fans. While others enjoy playing the role of devils advocate that may well be Red Sox fans but like the attention they get by throwing out unfonded opins in hiopes that someone bites. Frankly I try to stear clear of them. And those that have over time developed an MO for being less than forthright. I don't even bother opening thier threads nor replaying to thier drivel. I agree that it would be great to rid the board of many of those that use this forum for thier own humor and lend little to the day to day discussion on all things baseball.

As for the Old Dem Yanks thread, it was hardly a homer Yankee thread on a Red Sox board (see Hlfx above). It was not unlike many if the threads started by Moon. Where he targets a certain topic for discusion with the hope that the thread generates enough discussion that it has legs and becomes a place where you can go to discuss the current status of the team. Unfortunately almost all them get polluted when he and Softy start to refer to one anothers failings and they lose traction when the trollish behavior overtakes the body of the discusion...

In the old dem Yanks thread. There was equal representation on both sides and a lot of very spirited debates. When the BDC decided that they wanted to change the manner in which the site worked and it took half day for a post to appear. Many of them went and found another site and still today you can find many of them engaged in much the same dialog. Today a few of them comeback and some never do...Yankee Diva was one of my favorites, she was an ardent fan of the pinstripes and like you was a knowledgable fan and quick to jump to the defense of her beloved hometown nine if she felt that someone had made an eroneous statement. That Was Me who often drops by is another yankee fan much like Moon and others that keep the pulse of thier teams minor league system and while he can be a bit cantankorist. Once you get past his gruff nature, you find a man that is a very knowledable baseball fans, an avid reader and a history buff...Zac is the guy that got me hooked on this blogging deal a decade ago when he and I got engaged in a spirited debate over who was the better catcher Posada or Varitek a conversation that evolved into a larger debate over Munson & Fisk. It was during that debate that Zac and I gain mutual respect for oneanothers positions and framed the manner in which he and I would debate all things moving forward. There are many others that left and some of the old guard still remain.

In closing, I too left this site when they made posting and debating too difficult. I returned after they fix what was a poor system. End of the day, I come hear to stay connected to my beloved Red Sox and the game of baseball. When I moved away from Boston about 30 years ago. I lost touch with and had no outlet for discussing the team or the hot topics of the day. Unlike in Boston I couldn't go to the local pub and get my fix...I dicovered this forum while reading the globe online and with that I've found a place to wet my appetite for discussing the game of baseball and in the process have learned much and made aquaintances that likely will be a part of my life until the god lord calls my name.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

BILL-806 & DAD certainly concur...........   You need to be a strong person to withstand the constant attacks by the lib/left/rad/soc/moonbats........  Hang in there , you will make it !!

Bill finally said something I agree with.  You need to be strong to withstand the name calling.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Members who do name calling are those who want to grab everyone's attention and feel important because they cannot achieve that in the world of reality.  LOL

I feel sorry for these type of people.  Life must be very depressing for them.  LOL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Who doesn't like Ice-Cream?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

End of the day, I come hear to stay connected to my beloved Red Sox and the game of baseball. When I moved away from Boston about 30 years ago. I lost touch with and had no outlet for discussing the team or the hot topics of the day. Unlike in Boston I couldn't go to the local pub and get my fix...I dicovered this forum while reading the globe online and with that I've found a place to wet my appetite for discussing the game of baseball and in the process have learned much and made aquaintances that likely will be a part of my life until the god lord calls my name.

Well put.  Pretty much sums up why I came to this board back in early 2006, and why I always return, especially in the off-season.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to pinstripezac's comment:

And the Dem Yanks thread was the worst thing to happen to this board. I wasn't here in those days, but

nuff said ?

for those who weren't here

or have memory issues like myself

actually ''dem yanks'' was a positive thing for posters like her

it was started by a sox fan

to keep nyyfans in one place / thread

instead of in all over, in the more pollyanna type theads

a petting zoo if you will

a place where sox fans could come to play

with the nyyfans

keeping us honest

and getting  the paul harvey  themselves

but only  if they had the character

to enjoy such things

season greeting BT & all

I hope U hang in there /here

we've seen the board have hard times B4

and later rebound

Seasons greeting to you too my friend and please pass along my wishes of a happy new year to those over @ your new digs, Especially Diva! I miss her defiant Yankee bias crass humor! I'll try to make way back over this year a little more often. Just seems like everytime I log, in no ones home.

BT

PS...I still think Varitek was the better catcher!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to parhunter55's comment:

End of the day, I come hear to stay connected to my beloved Red Sox and the game of baseball. When I moved away from Boston about 30 years ago. I lost touch with and had no outlet for discussing the team or the hot topics of the day. Unlike in Boston I couldn't go to the local pub and get my fix...I dicovered this forum while reading the globe online and with that I've found a place to wet my appetite for discussing the game of baseball and in the process have learned much and made aquaintances that likely will be a part of my life until the god lord calls my name.

Well put.  Pretty much sums up why I came to this board back in early 2006, and why I always return, especially in the off-season.

AMEN

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

Who doesn't like Ice-Cream?

My 9 yr old grand daughter.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to EdithBRTN's comment:

" When I moved away from Boston about 30 years ago. I lost touch with and had no outlet for discussing the team or the hot topics of the day. Unlike in Boston I couldn't go to the local pub and get my fix"

Where there whiners, trolls, pretenders, and pessimists in the local pub like the majority is here?

Yes there're were except for the trolls, unless the old timers that sat on the same stool for most of their adult lives drowning themselves in Narragansett qualify as trolls... pessimisism defined most of our fan base for the better part of 6 or 7 decades.. Most of whom were those that bought into the curse of the bambino And the inevitable collapse at seasons end...wait til next year was a right of passage and if I listened to my father that came to mean sometime in the month of August...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Yankee trolls are not welcomed here.  The problem with this site is that there is very little moderation.  Posters that would be quickly booted off other sites get to stick around forever here.  That's not just trolling Yankee fans, it's trolling Red Sox fans.  This site is a free-for-all mess, and anyone who wants to post here has to accept that fact and deal with it.

The Dem Yanks thread was fun.  It was made up about equally of Yankee fans and Sox fans.  There was good baseball discussion there.  There was also plenty of arguing and trash talking betwen Yankee fans and Sox fans, but it was fair fighting because both sides were well represented.  The two sides had a respect for each other.  

Your "Dem Yanks" crowd IMO has seemingly controlled this free-for-all for years. There were people from that crowd -- Yankee fans -- that said they knew some of the moderators here, and at least one said they were an ex-moderator here. That was also probably why the Dem Yanks lasted so long. No matter how much you loved that thread, it has no place in the middle of a Boston site called RSOTFB. And instead of moving it to a Yankee site, Zac decided to occupy another Sox site with the thread.

I just don't understand why you guys don't see that Zac and his pals are all about controlling Sox sites. I bet it was incredibly difficult for Sox posters who weren't in your merry little band and were just on a Sox site to talk about the Sox. You have to realize that a thread like that on a Sox board would be an oasis that would just attact more Yankee fans and Yankee trolls. There are some strong personalities in that crowd, and that thread was probably where the whole "keeping Sox fans real" was invented. They decided you weren't allowed to post on the board unless you were viewing your team realistically. No Sox fans just being Sox fans were welcomed. That's also why there are none here now. There's no way a thread called Dem Sox exists on any Yankee board. They have realistic posters, and they have fans of the Yankees, a mix that I'm sure makes up all fan boards. Not this one. You have to be real here. The Sox fanatics were probably run off this board, like I was.

And the moderating connection is IMO a real problem. It may be the reason these trolls can just create names here like Ben Cheringtom and run around insulting Sox fans knowing that someone has their back. His profile and one-line insults that make up his entire comment section may be private, but it's not private to the moderators. So, they know that's all he does here is insult Sox fans, and he's still here. Harness couldn't even have a duplicate of my screenname removed here. And Mikey was a person who immitated other posters as well (probably thanks to JBay). Zac was banned at least twice. His account has been reinstated from when he first got here, like none of that ever happened. That's insulting to the Sox fans he abused here, and those bannings happened before I got here and he abused me after that. Again, JBay, I'm sure, is partly to blame (the friendships that kill this board), but the moderators still agreed to reinstate him.

It's not low moderating, it's questionable moderating by names we don't even know. But the Dem Yanks crowd does. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Kim,

Kim,

My appologies for assuming that you wanted all Yankee fans banished. That is the impression I had given that your a diehard Red Sox fan who cleary has a distain for many of the Yankee fans that visit this site. Some of whom are indeed trools not all, some that you see as trolls I don't of which we can agree to disagree. As for your reference to trolls. There are many posters on this site that fall under the catergory of "troll"...Too include many pretending to be Sox fans. While others enjoy playing the role of devils advocate that may well be Red Sox fans but like the attention they get by throwing out unfonded opins in hiopes that someone bites. Frankly I try to stear clear of them. And those that have over time developed an MO for being less than forthright. I don't even bother opening thier threads nor replaying to thier drivel. I agree that it would be great to rid the board of many of those that use this forum for thier own humor and lend little to the day to day discussion on all things baseball.

As for the Old Dem Yanks thread, it was hardly a homer Yankee thread on a Red Sox board (see Hlfx above). It was not unlike many if the threads started by Moon. Where he targets a certain topic for discusion with the hope that the thread generates enough discussion that it has legs and becomes a place where you can go to discuss the current status of the team. Unfortunately almost all them get polluted when he and Softy start to refer to one anothers failings and they lose traction when the trollish behavior overtakes the body of the discusion...

In the old dem Yanks thread. There was equal representation on both sides and a lot of very spirited debates. When the BDC decided that they wanted to change the manner in which the site worked and it took half day for a post to appear. Many of them went and found another site and still today you can find many of them engaged in much the same dialog. Today a few of them comeback and some never do...Yankee Diva was one of my favorites, she was an ardent fan of the pinstripes and like you was a knowledgable fan and quick to jump to the defense of her beloved hometown nine if she felt that someone had made an eroneous statement. That Was Me who often drops by is another yankee fan much like Moon and others that keep the pulse of thier teams minor league system and while he can be a bit cantankorist. Once you get past his gruff nature, you find a man that is a very knowledable baseball fans, an avid reader and a history buff...Zac is the guy that got me hooked on this blogging deal a decade ago when he and I got engaged in a spirited debate over who was the better catcher Posada or Varitek a conversation that evolved into a larger debate over Munson & Fisk. It was during that debate that Zac and I gain mutual respect for oneanothers positions and framed the manner in which he and I would debate all things moving forward. There are many others that left and some of the old guard still remain.

In closing, I too left this site when they made posting and debating too difficult. I returned after they fix what was a poor system. End of the day, I come hear to stay connected to my beloved Red Sox and the game of baseball. When I moved away from Boston about 30 years ago. I lost touch with and had no outlet for discussing the team or the hot topics of the day. Unlike in Boston I couldn't go to the local pub and get my fix...I dicovered this forum while reading the globe online and with that I've found a place to wet my appetite for discussing the game of baseball and in the process have learned much and made aquaintances that likely will be a part of my life until the god lord calls my name.

I think it's probably clear we're not going to agree on posters here. I will say, if I were ever to go to a Yankee board, which will never happen, but if by some crazy circumstance it did, I would respect the posters there. I would identify myself as a Sox fan, I would give my opinion ONLY about Sox related issues and not involve myself in the politics of the board, and/or harass posters there that said negative things about my team. I would laugh at what they said about the Sox (knowing it comes with the territory, and just thinking Yankee fans aren't that bright anyway -- I mean, they like the Yankees, right?) and not take it personally. I would not spend my time just posting insulting comments or bumping up insulting threads. I would not post insulting pics or demand posters who say negative things about my team (like Beni) be removed from the board. And I certainly wouldn't create a thousand screennames to try to get my point across, or to blame them on a poster I didn't like.

All of which have been done by Yankee fans/trolls here. My dream for this board is to make it a abuse-free zone where Sox fans can post their comments, articles, whatever, and not have to be scrutinized by Yankee fans/trolls deciding whether it's acceptable or not. I'm done with "keeping it real".

It's amazing it never occurred to you that the way the Yankee fans/trolls treat you is not the way they generally treat Sox fans here. And here, on Boston.com, on a board called Red Sox: On the Front Burner should be the furthest thing from annoying Yankee fans. If they make the time to come all the way here, they can't continue to be surprised that Sox fans love their team, and aren't here just to instigate Yankee fans because they may have some fun with their rivals, which would be the case with any fans. There are plenty of Yankee sites if someone wanted to do that. No matter how many Yankee fans post here, this board should be about Sox fans and their right to post whatever they want, and not about keeping Yankee fans comfortable.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

In response to parhunter55's comment:

AMEN

You're a good guy, Jim. I hope posters like you stick around. :)

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts