I DON'T WANT TO HEAR THAT "YA CAN'T WIN THEM ALL"!!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Re: I DON'T WANT TO HEAR THAT "YA CAN'T WIN THEM ALL"!!

yeah Bill I hear you. last nite was a bummer man. buch pitches his behind off in a miserable rainny nite and doesn't get the W. pedy gets a stinger and the guy who took his place misses a groundball that pedy would have made easily.

bard throws hard but that's about it. the kid needs to get more pitches to be sucessful. a cutter would be nice. a change-up,curveball,slider etc etc would be nice. too many times going to the well with 98mph right down the middle will not work anymore. 

however, the most agrivating thing about last night was having men on 1st and 3rd and watching CC who should have bunted hit into a double play. sorry Bill. just needed to vent. we should have won that game last night.
    hopefully josh brings us right back tonight.
    what say you Bill.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-yazzer. Show the-yazzer's posts

with TITO at the helm, feel fortunate the SOX win any.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

How many games should a team win when they score 2 runs?

Masterson had it going on against lefties last night.  Rarely does that happen, but when it does, he's unbeatable.  Buch deserved the win but so did Masterson.

Crawford was one of the few bright spots last night. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I agree Thread Bearer.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

eh, ya can't win 'em all

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

In Response to Re: I DON'T WANT TO HEAR THAT "YA CAN'T WIN THEM ALL"!!:
    [QUOTE]yeah Bill I hear you. last nite was a bummer man. buch pitches his behind off in a miserable rainny nite and doesn't get the W. pedy gets a stinger and the guy who took his place misses a groundball that pedy would have made easily. bard throws hard but that's about it. the kid needs to get more pitches to be sucessful. a cutter would be nice. a change-up,curveball,slider etc etc would be nice. too many times going to the well with 98mph right down the middle will not work anymore.  however, the most agrivating thing about last night was having men on 1st and 3rd and watching CC who should have bunted hit into a double play. sorry Bill. just needed to vent. we should have won that game last night. hopefully josh brings us right back tonight. what say you Bill.
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]
    Crawford was hitting the ball last night. A squeeze bunt would have been exactly the wrong play.
    Some people keep saying that Pedey would have made that play easily. Maybe. Maybe not.  It could have depended on where he ( and Sutton ) were positioned to defend against Brantley according to the pitch call.  Better not to make absolute snap judgments about whether a man not in the game would have made a play.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Hammah, Bard does have 3 pitches..He throws a slider, FB and to some extent has thrown a change..I think he got a little squeezed on the slider he threw to Brantley right before hit got the hit on the next pitch (FB). Bard pitched well his last appearence, but I think just like last year, hes been used a lot early on.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

I suppose your right southpaw. unfortunately the one that got smashed happened to be right down the middle. don't get me wrong. I love the kid. and your right, he has been used alot early on. also true that CC has been hitting the ball. but a drag bunt down the first baseline would have been sweet with the runners going wouldn't it? just MHO.....so last nite was last nite and tonite is a new game. Josh takes the ball and me thinks that it will not be raining.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

It is not about how many runs you score, if you have a lead in the 8th inning you SHOULD win the game.  Bullpen blew it against the Cubs on Saturday and again last night.  Sometimes you have to win games with 2-3 runs.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

Each game takes on a life of its own, last night Clay and a little Crawford put the Sox in a position to win.  Obviously you want more than 2 runs but on night when you only score 2, you are lucky to be ahead in the 8th, good teams close that out and 'steal' that win. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

The bunt isn't the right play in that situation if you play by the book. Late in the game on the road you play to win not to tie because sudden death favors the home team.

All Crawford has to do in that situation is get a ball to medium deep OF to tie the game or a ground ball better placed to deny the DP. A base hit keeps the turnstiles spinning with the tie assured and the chance to take the lead still very much alive.

Bad things can happen on a bunt as well. If a sacrifice failed the board would have been on fire with why did Francona take the bat out of the hand of Crawford on a night he was hitting well.  

You won't see too many teams play to tie on the road if a lead is achievable. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-yazzer. Show the-yazzer's posts

hey calmy,

when the SOX become a GOOD team, they will win those games.
    they're not there yet.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-yazzer. Show the-yazzer's posts

funny, CRAWFORD hits a go-ahead homer and one thinks "yeah, he's got some momentum now." then he hits into a game losing double play, and he's right back where he was before the game started.

it's gonna be a long year with CRAWFORD.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

[QUOTE]hey calmy, when the SOX become a GOOD team, they will win those games. there not good enough right now.
    Posted by the-yazzer[/QUOTE]

I don't know if you mean this tongue in cheek or not, probably because you so seldom offer any opinion of consequence.....

I think the Red Sox are already a good team but if you are serious, then I partially agree, that is the type of game they need to close if this season is going to go where we all want it to go.  

That is the kind of game you look back on in September when you're a game out and start "what iffing".  Last year you could go through and hand pick 3-4 games that Paps blew when the Sox were a few games out late in the year.  Let us hope this year we aren't counting up the Bard games.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-yazzer. Show the-yazzer's posts

i'm serious as a TITO pitching decision.
    right now the SOX are a hair above average and a long-walk from good.
    and, also, thanks stormy, i mean calmy, for keeping track of my opinions.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]i'm serious as a TITO pitching decision. right now the SOX are a hair above average and a long-walk from good. and, also, thanks stormy, i mean calmy, for keeping track of my opinions.

if you position is correct that means that there is 7 teams in the entire league with a shorter walk to good and 3 of them that could be considered close.  What does that tell you?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-yazzer. Show the-yazzer's posts

spaceman, it tells me that parity has finally arrived. (no matter how much you spend).
    CLEVELAND is the only exception in the AL right now, but they'll come back to earth.

PHILADELPHIA will probably run away and hide with that pitching staff.
    (funny, they spent almost as much as BOSTON)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indiansbacker. Show Indiansbacker's posts

In Response to I DON'T WANT TO HEAR THAT "YA CAN'T WIN THEM ALL"!!:
    [QUOTE]   BUT I DO WANT TO WIN THE ONES THAT WE SHOULD WIN !!  WHAT SAY YOU ????
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

The Tribe has the "magic" this year -- not YOUR GUYS!  Tribe is 19-4 at home!  No Sizemore; no Hafner; no hitting from Choo; no hitting from Santana; NO PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!  If we beat your best tonight with the lineup we've been putting out there lately, I KNOW IT'S OUR YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Because you can't win em all....it's a saying for a reason.  You have to look at how a team is playing overall, you can't nit pick every thing bad and overall this team has been on fire (best record in baseball since horrific start and leads the AL in every offensive category in may)  recently. 

Think of it like this; take a team that wins a 100 games, that leaves you with 62 losses to analyze.  I'm sure we can find a lot of things to whine **** and moan about in 62 losses....but like they say YOU CAN'T WIN THEM ALL.

yeah I know Crawford is a bust so far, Lackey is lack luster again, Jenks has not contributed and Bard seems to have regressed towards mediocrity....BUT Beckett is having a phenomenal season (the Beckett of old) Papelbon looks like one of the leagues elite closers again Lester and Buccholz are other bright spots in the rotation, Youkilis Ellsbury and Pedrioa are all healthy, Gonzalez is playing like an MVP, Salty looks like he may be turning the corner and even Ortiz is off to a hotter start than he's been on in years.

See what I did right there....there's plenty to complain about if you focus on the bad, but there are plenty of bright spots to outshine the bad if you wanna see it. 

Be Positive, The sox are on a tear, it's not about winning every game it's about having less losses than everyone else in the A.L East at the end. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indiansbacker. Show Indiansbacker's posts

[QUOTE]Because you can't win em all....it's a saying for a reason.  You have to look at how a team is playing overall, you can't nit pick every thing bad and overall this team has been on fire (best record in baseball since horrific start and leads the AL in every offensive category in may)  recently.  Think of it like this; take a team that wins a 100 games, that leaves you with 62 losses to analyze.  I'm sure we can find a lot of things to whine **** and moan about in 62 losses....but like they say YOU CAN'T WIN THEM ALL. yeah I know Crawford is a bust so far, Lackey is lack luster again, Jenks has not contributed and Bard seems to have regressed towards mediocrity....BUT Beckett is having a phenomenal season (the Beckett of old) Papelbon looks like one of the leagues elite closers again Lester and Buccholz are other bright spots in the rotation, Youkilis Ellsbury and Pedrioa are all healthy, Gonzalez is playing like an MVP, Salty looks like he may be turning the corner and even Ortiz is off to a hotter start than he's been on in years. See what I did right there....there's plenty to complain about if you focus on the bad, but there are plenty of bright spots to outshine the bad if you wanna see it.  Be Positive, The sox are on a tear, it's not about winning every game it's about having less losses than everyone else in the A.L East at the end. 
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]

Nope.  This year, He's a Tribe fan....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]spaceman, it tells me that parity has finally arrived. (no matter how much you spend). CLEVELAND is the only exception in the AL right now, but they'll come back to earth. PHILADELPHIA will probably run away and hide with that pitching staff. (funny, they spent almost as much as BOSTON)

I think I agree with you here Yazzer.  But, your post is confusing.  If parity has finally arrived, why is Cleveland the exception and why will Philly run away and hide.  Are you saying that parity has not arrived?  Or arrived?

Sections
Shortcuts