I Got to Give Babe Credit for Showing Up Today.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aquachuck. Show aquachuck's posts

Re: Has Anyone Seen Babe?

In Response to Re: Has Anyone Seen Babe?:
    In Response to Re: Has Anyone Seen Babe? : Umm...no you didn't. Wasn't on the computer at all this weekend. Was out enjoying the weather until some heavy rain Saturday night. Went to a barbecue yesterday.
    Posted by --The--Babe--1--

since when are you not on the computer all weekend?  Since when are you not on the computer 24/7?  This might have been the 1st 3 day stretch you stepped away since the ALCS last year.  Just admit that you were at that BBQ yesterday sipping brews, pouting, & itching to go back home, log on & troll until you overheard that your boys got swept @ home. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Babe; the classy part was not staying away like most after making a bold prediction that was 100% wrong..It was actually a compliment...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1--. Show --The--Babe--1--'s posts

In Response to Re: Has Anyone Seen Babe? : since when are you not on the computer all weekend?  Since when are you not on the computer 24/7?  This might have been the 1st 3 day stretch you stepped away since the ALCS last year.  Just admit that you were at that BBQ yesterday sipping brews, pouting, & itching to go back home, log on & troll until you overheard that your boys got swept @ home. 

Posted by aquachuck

Well, if you must know, I opened a new office near my house and moved all my computer stuff there and didn't bring my laptop home over the weekend.

And, secondly, I didn't "overhear" anything, I watched the game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Well Babe, I honestly thought that we would take atleast 2 from you guys this weekend. Not that I had any doubt about lester mind you, but wondered which freddie garcia would show up. I was surprised at how much he has lost in his velocity. I remember him bringing it close to 94-95. I don't think he threw one fastball over 88-89.

I have no doubt that your guys are going to rebound. you got too good of a line up to continue to slide. cano and granderson are hitting machines. your outfield is rediculious. I saw two web gem catches last night....and how many times does a-rod miss a ground ball like that in a season. my whole point Babe? we beat you guys this series but there is still a helluva long season left to play. this is just my way of telling you that I'm not a sore winner. I don't know if you caught the clip of big papi walking around the city in his game shirt asking for hugs from yankee fans. it was hysterical.
    I also liked how he backed his friend jorge to the media. classy guy that david ortiz.

catch ya later Babe!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1--. Show --The--Babe--1--'s posts

Well Babe, I honestly thought that we would take atleast 2 from you guys this weekend. Not that I had any doubt about lester mind you, but wondered which freddie garcia would show up. I was surprised at how much he has lost in his velocity. I remember him bringing it close to 94-95. I don't think he threw one fastball over 88-89. I have no doubt that your guys are going to rebound. you got too good of a line up to continue to slide. cano and granderson are hitting machines. your outfield is rediculious. I saw two web gem catches last night....and how many times does a-rod miss a ground ball like that in a season. my whole point Babe? we beat you guys this series but there is still a helluva long season left to play. this is just my way of telling you that I'm not a sore winner. I don't know if you caught the clip of big papi walking around the city in his game shirt asking for hugs from yankee fans. it was hysterical. I also liked how he backed his friend jorge to the media. classy guy that david ortiz. catch ya later Babe!

Posted by Hammah29r2

The only bright thing I can take out of the weekend was that the Yanks played like crap but were still in 2 out of the three games. Hardly a consolation prize but I think they are better then they showed this weekend.

The big papi clip was funny, good stuff. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

When you type on a handheld device is it difficult to use the CAPS key? I notice that many on here must be using their handhelds in the office instead of the company monitored desktop. Big Brother can still catch you if they monitor WIFI signals in your proximetry.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Gosh new poster, that sounds exactly like something the old class bully pike would say. What a coincidence. He was before your time here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

In Response to Re: Has Anyone Seen Babe? : Umm...no you didn't. Wasn't on the computer at all this weekend. Was out enjoying the weather until some heavy rain Saturday night. Went to a barbecue yesterday.
    Posted by --The--Babe--1--

My bad, then, Babe.  I apologize.  No disrespect intended.  Thanks for the post.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

It really doesn't bother me when posters don't use the CAPS key. What is ten times worse is when they don't punctuate at all. I would be all thumbs too if I were using a Blackberry or Ipad.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1--. Show --The--Babe--1--'s posts

In Response to Re: Has Anyone Seen Babe? : My bad, then, Babe.  I apologize.  No disrespect intended.  Thanks for the post.

Posted by summerof67

None taken. You and I usually are ok so I didn't take it as a post of disrespect.

Hope you enjoyed your weekend as well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from playball01. Show playball01's posts

Re: I Got to Give Babe Credit for Showing Up Today.

Plenty of baseball to be played and the Red Sox earned the sweep this weekend but with that being said, there are plenty of games left between the 2 teams and anything can happen.

The Yankees are simply in a rut, such as the Sox were in to start the season, and these 2 teams have too much talent not to be in the hunt up until the last week of the season. We may have won both the first and second rounds this season but the fight is far from over.

Who doesn't love this rivalry?

By the way, There is no way that Babe would disappear due to the Yankees hitting a rough patch. He's not a fair weather fan and his skin is too thick for that. Keep the jabs coming big fella!! It only serves to keep the rivalry alive on this board.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Might as well HIJACK this thread about Babe since he doesn't deserve such a thread.

TRUMP ANNOUNCES THAT HE WILL NOT RUN FOR PRESIDENT - JUST IN.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

Babe, face it, the Yankees are crumbling before your very bad eyes. They are old, have no solid starting pitching depth, and have a farm that has been sold off too many times to have the parts to make a trade for one of the top starting pitchers that small markets can't afford. Keep your eyes on the WC teams, as that is the Yankees only hope.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Re: I Got to Give Babe Credit for Showing Up Today.:
    Babe, face it, the Yankees are crumbling before your very bad eyes. They are old, have no solid starting pitching depth, and have a farm that has been sold off too many times to have the parts to make a trade for one of the top starting pitchers that small markets can't afford. Keep your eyes on the WC teams, as that is the Yankees only hope.
    Posted by majorleague

Even more ignorant than usual.  Having a bad day?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from playball01. Show playball01's posts

Posted by majorleague

This writer just seriously jinxed our Red Sox season. He has been wrong more than right, far exceeding 50/50 and any projections made never come to fruition. Hopefully, stating that the Yankees are crumbling doesn't come back on us and result in a World Series Championship for the Yankees in 2011.

If history is a good judge then the writer's prediction could result in just that, the reincarnation of the dreaded Yankee powerhouse. Hopefully I am wrong and the writer actually gets a prediction right this time!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: I Got to Give Babe Credit for Showing Up Today. : This writer just seriously jinxed our Red Sox season. He has been wrong more than right, far exceeding 50/50 and any projections made never come to fruition. Hopefully, stating that the Yankees are crumbling doesn't come back on us and result in a World Series Championship for the Yankees in 2011. If history is a good judge then the writer's prediction could result in just that, the reincarnation of the dreaded Yankee powerhouse. Hopefully I am wrong and the writer actually gets a prediction right this time!!
    Posted by playball01

Ill never count out the yankees. Too much respect. While they have ton of talent on that team, they to have some problems to address...Im sure they will, like they always do..Its going to be a rough stretch for them if they dont pull some things together...

Sections
Shortcuts