i guess Detroit just can't hit against good pitching

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

i guess Detroit just can't hit against good pitching

Tigers scored a measly 8 runs in 3 game here at Fenway.

september 2011 is becomig a faded memory

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Re: i guess Detroit just can't hit against good pitching

In response to jerrynewyork's comment:

seotember 2011 is becomig a faded memory

In all fairness to Los Tigres, they played two out of three without the services of All-World Miggy, and they're kind of cruising to the finish line.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

In response to jerrynewyork's comment:

seotember 2011 is becomig a faded memory

In all fairness to Los Tigres, they played two out of three without the services of All-World Miggy, and they're kind of cruising to the finish line.  

In fairness to Lester he out dueled Schrezer and did so with miggy in the lineup. The Tigers didn't roll over nor are they inept without Cabrera. Entering this series they were a game and a half behind us in the race for the best record. This was a hotly contested series with both teams playing hard...that Leyland sent Scherzer back out to try to get his 20th dispite trailing in the game showed you how much the Tigers wanted to win. Last nights game was no exception until the bomb by Middlebrooks opened the flood gates. From that point forward Leyland waved the white flag...

Trust me when the Tigers packed their gear and headed to the airport they left knowing the Sox are legit and a team they could well face in the ALCS. Given the results of this series with the Sox taking two of three they picked up another game in the race for the best record. Proved to the Tigers and themselves in beating the best pitcher in baseball that if they meet again no game is a lock for either squad. So if the Sox can hold serve and finish with the best record and the two teams meet in the post season game one will be at Fenway and this series win certainly helped our cause.

There's lot of baseball left to be played, but you have to like the Sox current position...To diminish what the Sox have a accomplished to date by suggesting the results would be different or the road would have been tougher had player X been in the lineup or had pitcher Z been scheduled. While in theory the argument does have merit. The reality is the schedule often dictates matchups and with more than 20 games left on the schdule. Every manager in the game who's teams are still in the hunt. Field the team that gives them the best chance to win on that day, with an eye on tomorrow. Because everyone of them knows to have a legit shot at going deep you have to enter the tournament with good health and a well rested bullpen...

On October the 2nd when the two NL team square off in the one game win or go home game...all bets are off and the tenor of play and the sense of purpose for the managers change. Managers are no longer looking to get length out of a starter, if the guys struggling the pen is up and ready. 

During the ebb and flow of 162 game schedule you manage to get the best result possible from your roster...During the postseason you manage every out...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

A  healthy Cabrera makes a huge difference in that lineup. Just like the Sox struggled a bit with Ortiz's back bothering him for the better part of a week. Buch's injury keeping him out for three months---these things can make a contender into a pretender depending how you respond to them.

Iggy Miggey being out of the liineup for a week could allow Cleve and KC to draw closer and make it a fight down the stretch. All of a sudden Verlander, Fister, Portello and Scherzer have to be even more stingy with the number of runs they give up. 

It will tighten up down the stretch not just for the Tigers but also the Yankees, Sox and Rays. The Yanks and Rays, I believe still have three more games to play than the Sox---they have to win those games.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

The point is we match up with this team.  They didn't have Miggy for two games in the series but we didn't have Bucholz for more than half of the season.  If Bucholz comes back strong for the playoff, it's going to be fun October this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

They lost one game with Miggy, and last night Miggy wouldn't have made a difference.  2 out of 3 with or without Miggy 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

The Red Sox now have a 2.5-game lead over the Tigers for the best record in the AL.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Sox played them tough in Detroit too. The BP let us down in 2 games. We could have easily taken 3 out of 4 there. Tigers know it wont be a cake walk if they play us in Play-offs.

Sections
Shortcuts