I guess you know that DOCTOR BILL-806 was spot on with the demise of one DAVID ORTIZ.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

I guess you know that DOCTOR BILL-806 was spot on with the demise of one DAVID ORTIZ.....

@ HIS AGE, WEIGHT AND MILES..... Just was not going to come back from this injury......  Done for the year & just maybe forever !!!   What say you, all you T-BALLERS ??????????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Re: I guess you know that DOCTOR BILL-806 was spot on with the demise of one DAVID ORTIZ.....

Just what this forum needs.  One more person taking the time and space to say, "I WAS RIGHT!" 

Who cares, besides you?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: I guess you know that DOCTOR BILL-806 was spot on with the demise of one DAVID ORTIZ.....

In Response to Re: I guess you know that DOCTOR BILL-806 was spot on with the demise of one DAVID ORTIZ.....:
    Just what this forum needs.  One more person taking the time and space to say, "I WAS RIGHT!"  Who cares, besides you?
    Posted by S5
      sON, YOU NEED ME ON THIS BOARD, YOU WANT ME ON THIS BOARD, Bill-806 provides you with the morale and humor that our Red Sox need !!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Actually, the available evidence indicates Ortiz is far from dead.  I predict he will be re-signed for 2013 and maybe for two years.  He came back for a cameo and had two big hits, hard hit balls, despite the layoff and the achilles still hurting.  His absence showed just how much this lineup needs him.

And what mileage?  He's a DH, for crying out loud.  Plus he lost weight last offseason and came back this year with a great swing. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: I guess you know that DOCTOR BILL-806 was spot on with the demise of one DAVID ORTIZ.....:
    Actually, the available evidence indicates Ortiz is far from dead.  I predict he will be re-signed for 2013 and maybe for two years.  He came back for a cameo and had two big hits, hard hit balls, despite the layoff and the achilles still hurting.  His absence showed just how much this lineup needs him. And what mileage?  He's a DH, for crying out loud.  Plus he lost weight last offseason and came back this year with a great swing. 
    Posted by maxbialystock
    One small thing,   In baseball the player is required to run !!!  Without pain !!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Rob Bradford is a tool. Killing me just listening to him defend Beckett on WEEI right now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In Response to Re: I guess you know that DOCTOR BILL-806 was spot on with the demise of one DAVID ORTIZ..... :   sON, YOU NEED ME ON THIS BOARD, YOU WANT ME ON THIS BOARD, Bill-806 provides you with the morale and humor that our Red Sox need !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806

Keep telling yourself that, Bill.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i cant see why anyone would want to resign papi at this point in his career - especially given the recent sox moves to shed contracts.....let him get some "respect" elsewhere...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

i cant see why anyone would want to resign papi at this point in his career - especially given the recent sox moves to shed contracts.....let him get some "respect" elsewhere...
    Posted by georom4

Yeah, it's not like he's been productive at all this year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Actually, the available evidence indicates Ortiz is far from dead.  I predict he will be re-signed for 2013 and maybe for two years.  He came back for a cameo and had two big hits, hard hit balls, despite the layoff and the achilles still hurting.  His absence showed just how much this lineup needs him. And what mileage?  He's a DH, for crying out loud.  Plus he lost weight last offseason and came back this year with a great swing. 
    Posted by maxbialystock

Great post and I definitely agree with you.  Why wouldn't the Red Sox resign Ortiz? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In Response to Re: I guess you know that DOCTOR BILL-806 was spot on with the demise of one DAVID ORTIZ..... :   sON, YOU NEED ME ON THIS BOARD, YOU WANT ME ON THIS BOARD, Bill-806 provides you with the morale and humor that our Red Sox need !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806

Ok, but how does that respond to what I said?

While I certainly don't agree with your statements about how important you are to this board LOL (sorry, I can't evey type that with a straight face) my point was...

If there's one thing this board doesn't need it's the pizzing contests about who was right and who was wrong.  I don't come here to read that a crap. I come here to read about the Sox.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

From ESPNBoston.com:

BOSTON -- The Red Sox have told outfielderCody Ross they want him back for the 2013 season, a baseball source said Saturday, although no talks about an extension have taken place. The Red Sox also want David Ortizto return, but the sides have yet to speak, the source said.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Posted by Bill-806

Funny? You ain't.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: I guess you know that DOCTOR BILL-806 was spot on with the demise of one DAVID ORTIZ..... : Ok, but how does that respond to what I said? While I certainly don't agree with your statements about how important you are to this board LOL (sorry, I can't evey type that with a straight face) my point was... If there's one thing this board doesn't need it's the pizzing contests about who was right and who was wrong.  I don't come here to read that a crap. I come here to read about the Sox.
    Posted by S5
    Thank You,  "Let me be clear",  90% of our posters thought Papi would only be out less than a week........ Living in La La land !!!!!!  This is a serious life/injury  !!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

In Response to Re: I guess you know that DOCTOR BILL-806 was spot on with the demise of one DAVID ORTIZ..... : Thank You,  "Let me be clear",  90% of our posters thought Papi would only be out less than a week........ Living in La La land !!!!!!  This is a serious life/injury  !!
    Posted by Bill-806

Gotta give you props on this one. Where can Papi go? The Sox will be in a great position to retain him, but his $14m days are gone.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: I guess you know that DOCTOR BILL-806 was spot on with the demise of one DAVID ORTIZ..... : Gotta give you props on this one. Where can Papi go? The Sox will be in a great position to retain him, but his $14m days are gone.
    Posted by boboinfla
    Thank You.............  Retain him ????  Heck he will be lucky if he can start working out by mid November, He could be 400LB's by then !!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I love Papi!  Always have, & I hope I always will.

He will want $17 million / yr 2 yr. contract = $34 Million.

On the free market, he will be offered $7 million / yr by somebody. = $14 million

I'd perhaps offer him $8 million for 1 year.  Perhaps $16 mill for 2 yr contract.  I'm not sure it's worth his predictable / inevitable griping & outbursts though.

David!  It seems to be a cultural thing with you & Manny??? Not sure????  BUT!  Respect is a 2 WAY STREET!  I know most average citizens in the DR don't act like you & Manny, so I assume it's your unique MLB situations.  Time to grow up!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

I love Papi!  Always have, & I hope I always will. He will want $17 million / yr 2 yr. contract = $34 Million. On the free market, he will be offered $7 million / yr by somebody. = $14 million I'd perhaps offer him $8 million for 1 year.  Perhaps $16 mill for 2 yr contract.  I'm not sure it's worth his predictable / inevitable griping & outbursts though. David!  It seems to be a cultural thing with you & Manny??? Not sure????  BUT!  Respect is a 2 WAY STREET!  I know most average citizens in the DR don't act like you & Manny, so I assume it's your unique MLB situations.  Time to grow up!
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog
    Today, they will announce  D L for the rest of the season......  Get Ready for a 2013 "Big Papi Day" at Fenway Paaaak,   His baseball days are over !!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to antibody's comment:

Posted by Bill-806

Funny? You ain't.

Hey antibody~

Good to see you, when are you coming back?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

You all realize that by posting here you are giving this thread life.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.  

Eleanor Roosevelt

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

no offense to Bill, but this thread is two years old...shouldn't it be all talked out by now?? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Oh good grief what a dumb thread this turned out to be seeing what happened last Oct. Who dredged this one up from the murky depths?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

@ HIS AGE, WEIGHT AND MILES..... Just was not going to come back from this injury......  Done for the year & just maybe forever !!!   What say you, all you T-BALLERS ??????????

Nevermind.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

You've been saying Papi is all done for over 3 years. How is that even close to "spot on"?

Sox4ever

Sections
Shortcuts