I guess Youk can continue to hit third now?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The-Babe----. Show --The-Babe----'s posts

Re: I guess Youk can continue to hit third now?

In Response to Re: I guess Youk can continue to hit third now?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I guess Youk can continue to hit third now? : Babe, Arod is making three times more than Youk. You may think it's pretty funny, but I bet the Steinbrenners aren't laughing.

Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I know it's tough for you to follow along sometimes but we were talking production, not salaries.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

The problem with A-Roid's production is it's tainted and his, Maybe HR record, will be another black eye on the sport !!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The-Babe----. Show --The-Babe----'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I guess Youk can continue to hit third now? : Exactly my point, Babe.Thanks for pointing it out.

Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

???

What point?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The-Babe----. Show --The-Babe----'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I guess Youk can continue to hit third now? : You mean you didnt have one?? That was my point, salary vs production. if arod was DFA, no one would touch him. if youk was, hes be pickd up in a new york minute,

Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Oh, I thought you meant my point that you don't follow along well. There was no talk about salaries, just production, which you still don't seem to grasp.

Thanks for trying to play along, but run alonng now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Youk is coming on strong, there is still a ton of season left.   He has been limping a bit, though.    I would not trade Youk for ARod now, ARod is going downhill, albeit in a super-star type way.   Youk is tough as nails, he is a dirtdog.  Part of what makes the Red Sox so difficult to beat.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I guess Youk can continue to hit third now? : Not a chance, Arod's worst years are better than youk's best years.
    Posted by --The-Babe----[/QUOTE]

..and I thought this thread was all about Youk hitting 3rd.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

babe is the reason that hating yank-em fans never goes out of season. and, what must be embarrasing to yank-em fans, that babe may be one of the more intelligent ones.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I guess Youk can continue to hit third now? : Not a chance, Arod's worst years are better than youk's best years.

Your right, but Youk is a real, down and dirty ball player, while A-Rod is a PED fraud. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The-Babe----. Show --The-Babe----'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I guess Youk can continue to hit third now? : Your right, but Youk is a real, down and dirty ball player, while A-Rod is a PED fraud. 

Posted by soxdawg08[/QUOTE]

I absolutely agree. I can't stand arod and he has juiced. But that doesn't change the production.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The-Babe----. Show --The-Babe----'s posts

[QUOTE]babe is the reason that hating yank-em fans never goes out of season. and, what must be embarrasing to yank-em fans, that babe may be one of the more intelligent ones.

Posted by --the--yazzer[/QUOTE]

That's rich coming from the jizzer.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I guess Youk can continue to hit third now? : Didn't realize that .260-.270 would qualify as one of his best years evah.

He is on pace  for 276 with 24 homers and 118 RBIS  which would be one of his best years ever.  Do you follow baseball?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The-Babe----. Show --The-Babe----'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I guess Youk can continue to hit third now? :  He is on pace  for 276 with 24 homers and 118 RBIS  which would be one of his best years ever.  Do you follow baseball?

Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

No....his best years were better than that ...see '08 & '09.

Do you follow your team?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I guess Youk can continue to hit third now? : No....his best years were better than that ...see '08 & '09. Do you follow your team?

I said "one of his best years ever" 118 would be his career high in RBI, 24 homers would be his third highest total ever.  Since he has played 9 years do you not think this would be "one of his best years"?

What aren't you getting that he is on pace for "one of his best years".  Is English a problem?  Do you not think 276 and 24 and 118 would be a good year for Youk?

I cant tell if you are just pretending to be stupid or if you really are.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

actually babe-y,

ped's do enhance the production.
    you're losing valuable IQ points.

as for babe-y being stupid or pretending to be--nobody's that good of an actor.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The-Babe----. Show --The-Babe----'s posts

[QUOTE]actually babe-y, ped's do enhance the production. you're losing valuable IQ points. as for babe-y being stupid or pretending to be--nobody's that good of an actor.

Posted by --the--yazzer[/QUOTE]

Yes, jizzer, PED's do enhance the production. What I was saying was that it doesn't change the numbers, they are what they are. If you can't figure that out then maybe it's you that is stupid. Actually, you can scratch the "maybe".  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The-Babe----. Show --The-Babe----'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I guess Youk can continue to hit third now? : I said "one of his best years ever" 118 would be his career high in RBI, 24 homers would be his third highest total ever.  Since he has played 9 years do you not think this would be "one of his best years"? What aren't you getting that he is on pace for "one of his best years".  Is English a problem?  Do you not think 276 and 24 and 118 would be a good year for Youk? I cant tell if you are just pretending to be stupid or if you really are.  

Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

Yes, that would be a good year for youk and a down year for Arod. Thanks for proving my point.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I guess Youk can continue to hit third now? : Yes, that would be a good year for youk and a down year for Arod. Thanks for proving my point.

Look man all I was trying to do was get you to understand the phrase "on pace for one of his best years".  Thank you for thinking real real hard and getting my point.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

The Babe's posts induce headaches, that is for sure.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

sometimes they induce what francona calls 'intestinal turmoil.'

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxforlife22. Show soxforlife22's posts

I hate to rain on your parade babe but youk has the same slg% as aroid and has a higher obp. He also has 9 more rbi in 10 less atbats. Ofcourse that last one could just be because the sox are better than the yankees.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The-Babe----. Show --The-Babe----'s posts

[QUOTE]I hate to rain on your parade babe but youk has the same slg% as aroid and has a higher obp. He also has 9 more rbi in 10 less atbats. Ofcourse that last one could just be because the sox are better than the yankees.

Posted by soxforlife22[/QUOTE]

Did I state that Arod had outperformed him at this point in the season?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Interesting that he chooses Ruth's moniker.  He was very possibly the greatest player ever--when you combine his hitting and pitching--but was never accused of being articulate or expert. 

Youk's doing fine, but Gammons thinks he is has a sore ankle, which affects his hitting and baserunning.  Right now I would put him about even with A-Rod, which mostly means A-Rod is having a down year--so far. 

And what's this about Youk batting 3d?  AGon has been 3d for almost the entire season, but only because right now he is the best hitter in MLB.  Youk is wedged in between AGon and Ortiz, and that works pretty good, except that, batting 5th, Ortiz doesn't have much behind him in the lineup.  He was at his best with Manny behind him, but now it's Drew, Crawford, Lowrie, Salty, or a player to be named later. 

Sections
Shortcuts