I HATE TO SAY IT....... BUT, THERE WILL BE NO WORLD SERIES AT FENWAY PAAAAK THIS YEAR.......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: I HATE TO SAY IT....... BUT, THERE WILL BE NO WORLD SERIES AT FENWAY PAAAAK THIS YEAR.......

IMO if you hate to say it, you probably shouldn't.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Re: I HATE TO SAY IT....... BUT, THERE WILL BE NO WORLD SERIES AT FENWAY PAAAAK THIS YEAR.......

In Response to Re: I HATE TO SAY IT....... BUT, THERE WILL BE NO WORLD SERIES AT FENWAY PAAAAK THIS YEAR.......:
    In Response to Re: I HATE TO SAY IT....... BUT, THERE WILL BE NO WORLD SERIES AT FENWAY PAAAAK THIS YEAR....... : OK, LET ME HELP YOU...... ALL T-BALLERS, ARE LIBERALS !!!!!
    Posted by Bill-806

Better a T-Baller than a

Tea Bagger.

OK, now let me help you.

J U M P !!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Team is still in division and post season title contender position.

But, think two good lefty starters and what Theo has spent a fortune constructing with an obvious imbalance.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stormcrow7878. Show stormcrow7878's posts

Wow is this a knee jerk thread.... The Sox despite a 2-10 start are one of the 4 best teams in baseball, have a great lineup, and have dominated their biggest rival this year. They aren't playing great ball at the moment...but they are going to be in the playoffs, and what will matter is how they are playing THEN. I don't wanna play Boston in the post season that's for sure. (Well actually I do because the rivalry is so much fun, but they make me nervous as an opponent for sure.)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

But, Ian Kinsler is STILL AT BAT, AND KEEPS HITTING HOME RUNS!!!!!
    WHY IS THIS HAPPENING??????????????????

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Hmmm ... I guess the NYucks are no good.  We've taken the season series from them.

I guess the Rangers are no good.  They won this series but we won the series in Arlington last week.

Perhaps you mean that the whole AL is no good.

I know you are mecurial in your emotions, Bill.   But this is a sad, sad, sad moment for you.  Quitting now ....   so sad.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

I still think the AL represenative in WS is wide open, it will depend on who's hot  in play offs not early September.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

I agree and think all the division winners/leaders are strong.  Even Atlanta is a heck of a team.

The Terrible Brewers are the odds on favorites right now* ....
       due to their hot streak.  They are quite impressive.

But I console myself in remembering a Rox team that went on a really long, improbable hot streak ... just to lose in 4 to the Red Sox.

*totally unsupported statement.  I have no idea who's odds on. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1for89. Show 1for89's posts

In Response to Re: I HATE TO SAY IT....... BUT, THERE WILL BE NO WORLD SERIES AT FENWAY PAAAAK THIS YEAR.......:
    In Response to I HATE TO SAY IT....... BUT, THERE WILL BE NO WORLD SERIES AT FENWAY PAAAAK THIS YEAR....... : I'm not sure why liberals are involved here...what does that have to do with America's favorite pastime of baseball..unless you are really Michelle B. or Sarah P pretending to be a fan of a good patriotic game?
    Posted by Goofywocky

Or a member of the Manny Ortez fan club.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BILLS-DAD. Show BILLS-DAD's posts

In Response to I HATE TO SAY IT....... BUT, THERE WILL BE NO WORLD SERIES AT FENWAY PAAAAK THIS YEAR.......:
      WE JUST DON'T HAVE THE ABILITY TO PUT THE GOOOOOD TEAMS AWAY....  WHAT SAY YOU, ALL YOU T-BALL LIBERALS ?????
    Posted by Bill-806

Son, you've got it, just proving that even a blind squirrel finds an acorn occasionally.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to I HATE TO SAY IT....... BUT, THERE WILL BE NO WORLD SERIES AT FENWAY PAAAAK THIS YEAR.......:
      WE JUST DON'T HAVE THE ABILITY TO PUT THE GOOOOOD TEAMS AWAY....  WHAT SAY YOU, ALL YOU T-BALL LIBERALS ?????
    Posted by Bill-806

Bill, our team can beat any of the contenders as long as we have three solid starters.  I'm sure Clay is working towards one thing only and thats the 3rd spot in the rotation for the PS, where he rightfully belongs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wolfpack13. Show Wolfpack13's posts

Why do we make analyzing this game harder than it is... I don't need to see stats to know Sox 4 and 5 starters have been simply terrible and middle relief other than Aceves has been god awful. Sox score plenty of runs. Plenty.

Stop it with Francona didn't do this and Sox can't beat this team or that team.
    This team is obviously is good enough to win a World Series this post is ridiculous. Bill I think your missing Hannity go run and turn it on.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

As I said it a week ago, The Sox are slipping & sliding a week ago, and our  so called mgr Francoma just keeps on chewing tobacco & spitting his sun flower seeds. PATHETIC! We have AAA ballplayers playing & no means of creating excitement & desire to win. They will NOT win the division because they\are not on fire & the leadership is useless. Next year we need a big shovel & get this talented club to play to their ability. LouV
    Posted by LouV

http://www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=8285992ac5ed76ef77456381207ff544&plckUserId=8285992ac5ed76ef77456381207ff544

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RonSwanson. Show RonSwanson's posts

As I said it a week ago, The Sox are slipping & sliding a week ago, and our  so called mgr Francoma just keeps on chewing tobacco & spitting his sun flower seeds. PATHETIC! We have AAA ballplayers playing & no means of creating excitement & desire to win. They will NOT win the division because they\are not on fire & the leadership is useless. Next year we need a big shovel & get this talented club to play to their ability. LouV
    Posted by LouV

Well this seems to be a quick fix then. Someone grab the gasoline and some matches and head up to Toronto. If we set four or five of the starters ablaze, the division will surely be ours!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

THE SKY IS FALLING !! THE SKY IS FALLING !!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from frankn. Show frankn's posts

See I knew it was!  Everyone duck!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

If its falling what good does it to duck?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

We need to see how these next seven games on the road go before we throw in the towel.
    I can understand Bill's concern though, especially with Francona still monkeying with the line-up this late in the season. i wish he would just pick a starting 8 postion players and run with it, adjusting as necessary. This righty/lefty crap is driving me bananas.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Seems to me this is a streaky team. Play great for a couple weeks, play crappy for a week, kick it in gear again, have a stinky stretch again ... that's baseball to a degree, but this team seems very up and down. Injuries no doubt have something to do with it, but not everything.

So the question is, how will they be playing when October rolls around? At their best, they can win the Series, no question about it. At their worst, they're gone after one round.

No way you can count them out.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I felt this was appropriate here so this is Copied & Pasted from a Thread Entitled "Yankees better at Clutch hitting" and I am slowly getting to the camp that our chances are slim as per the headline:

I’m still smarting from the 4-2 last game vs. NY.  We had a 2-1 lead, Jones walks and Montero is hit by a pitch and then Martin gets a double and then he scores on Chavez’s single.  I knew 2-1 was going to be tough to hold up but how to get more runs when Saltamachia looks at 2 right down the middle and then with a 0-2 count needs swing at a  grounder.  Crawford and Salty both end up 0-4. Then Agon, yup he’s been very good this year but with the bases loaded vs. Rivera gets called for a 3rd strike whether it was a ball or not.

Not happy to admit it but not only do I feel the Yankees(and I hate them) are a much better offensive team than we are, they are much more gifted at getting clutch hits.  Some people would call it lucky and teams that don’t, unlucky.  I, however, usually notice that irrespective of the sport, the lucky players are usually the better players. In addition to coming back against us in the 3rd game,  in the 1st 2 games in the series with the Blue Jays, they came back with clutch hitting also to win.  Yesterday, they did it convincingly.  We need go face Toronto now 4 games up there after the Yankees just swept them…lucky if we do a 2-2 !

I have no confidence, irrespective of his Grand Slam in the middle game with Texas which didn’t come in a clutch situation as we were ahead some 3-4 runs, when Crawford comes to bat.  In truth, other than Pedroia & Ellsbury, I have a bit of hope from Agon, Ortiz & Youk but the rest of the guys are mediocre.  Vs. Texas, we get blown out 10-0, win 12-7( keep in mind they still got 7 runs) and yesterday maybe a bit better the 11-4 but still a thrashing and our 4 runs is like “pissing up wind”.  We gave up 28 runs to Texas in 3 games at home yet  and scored 1/2 as many, 14 runs.  Is this a slight bump in  the road? Let’s hope  so.

Many think our pitching is better than NY’s…maybe our starters with Beckett & Lester as after Sabathia they are “iffy” but the difference is they can many times give their mediocre starters 5-6 runs while we struggle to score i.e. Lester only leading 2-1 when Yankees came back and I think their bullpen is just as good as ours. I would not be concerned with whom we’ll play if we come in 1st or 2nd, be it the Tigers, Rangers or Angels, but we should feel we are playing good baseball.  Again, other than Pedroia and Ellsbury and a sometimes Agon, Youk & Ortiz I’m not tremendously positive of our chances in the post season.

Lackey is lacking !!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to I HATE TO SAY IT....... BUT, THERE WILL BE NO WORLD SERIES AT FENWAY PAAAAK THIS YEAR....... : I'm not sure why liberals are involved here...what does that have to do with America's favorite pastime of baseball..unless you are really Michelle B. or Sarah P pretending to be a fan of a good patriotic game?
    Posted by Goofywocky

Not to mention the fact that Hillary claimed to be a lifelong NYY, when she ran in NY, and the embarassing opening day pitch by Obama.  If you can't throw a BB 60'6" at his age, then just politely decline the opportunity.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: I HATE TO SAY IT....... BUT, THERE WILL BE NO WORLD SERIES AT FENWAY PAAAAK THIS YEAR....... : AND YOU SON, ARE MISSING MY POINT !!!  AGAINST PLAYOFF TEAMS WE NEED TO  S C O R E  R U N S ......... ANY WAY WE CAN ....  WE HAVE SPEED THAT DOES NOT GET CALLED ON...... WE NEVER HIT BEHIND THE RUNNER OR BUNT FOR THAT MATTER....... YA GOT TO GET INTO THE OTHER TEAMS BULLPEN, SOOOOONER RATHER THAN LATER !!!  THE HECK WITH THE BILL JAMES "MOVE THE LINE ALONG"..... MIX IN SOME "SMART" BASEBALL, PLEASE !!!!
    Posted by Bill-806

You say that like it's meaningful.

It's not meaningful unless you show the numbers.  Otherwise, it is nothing more than a guess.  To upgrade from guess, you'd need to add something like, our scoring against the playoff teams is-

Detroit 4.833 RPG
    NYY ~ 5.85 RPG
    Texes  5.70 RPG

Now explain what is wrong with those numbers?  And maybe explain why so many people (not just you) prefer uninformed opinion over statistical research.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Posted by Bill-806

What sort of statistics did you use for this conclusion?  My stats say our record against playoff teams is-

Detroit 5-1
    NYY  11-4
    Texas 4-6

That's a total of 20-11.

The NYY are at 14-17
    The Tigers are at 11-11
    Texas is at 11-17

I personally don't think the regular season records mean almost anything once the playoffs start, but did want to point out the inaccuracy of saying that we can't put away good teams when, so far, we're the only ones that can.

Sections
Shortcuts