I HATE TO SAY IT....... BUT, THERE WILL BE NO WORLD SERIES AT FENWAY PAAAAK THIS YEAR.......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

Re: I HATE TO SAY IT....... BUT, THERE WILL BE NO WORLD SERIES AT FENWAY PAAAAK THIS YEAR.......

i think there are 2 things that will hurt the sox is lack of pitching depth and a weak bullpen. theo really screwed up by not going after a reliever or 2 at the deadline. now jenks is going to be out for the season which leaves us with 2 reliable bullpen guys. (1 of which has 3 blown saves and 5 losses) albers has been getting owned lately, bowden has not been great, doubront struggled last night, morales has been hit or miss, wheeler got hit hard his last time out and atchison has been his usual mediocre self. texas managed to acquire mike adams(who the sox really could have used), koji uhera, and mike gonzalez while theo got trevor miller. and its not like texas had to give up good prospects to get those guys. uhera and gonzalez cost them very little and mike adams cost them a couple of B level prospects. how is it john daniels manages to rebuild half of his bullpen while theo couldnt even get one guy to improve his?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

Re: I HATE TO SAY IT....... BUT, THERE WILL BE NO WORLD SERIES AT FENWAY PAAAAK THIS YEAR.......

In Response to Re: I HATE TO SAY IT....... BUT, THERE WILL BE NO WORLD SERIES AT FENWAY PAAAAK THIS YEAR.......:
    i think there are 2 things that will hurt the sox is lack of pitching depth and a weak bullpen. theo really screwed up by not going after a reliever or 2 at the deadline. now jenks is going to be out for the season which leaves us with 2 reliable bullpen guys. (1 of which has 3 blown saves and 5 losses) albers has been getting owned lately, bowden has not been great, doubront struggled last night, morales has been hit or miss, wheeler got hit hard his last time out and atchison has been his usual mediocre self. texas managed to acquire mike adams(who the sox really could have used), koji uhera, and mike gonzalez while theo got trevor miller. and its not like texas had to give up good prospects to get those guys. uhera and gonzalez cost them very little and mike adams cost them a couple of B level prospects. how is it john daniels manages to rebuild half of his bullpen while theo couldnt even get one guy to improve his?
    Posted by redsoxpride34

Couldn't agree more. IMO the bull-pen was and is the biggest trouble spot on team. That the glaring need, especially for a reliable LH, was not addressed could be what keeps the Sox from reaching WS.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

"LIBERAL T-BALLERS "VERY SMALL GRASP OF THE GAME
    "THROW #'S AROUND"
    "WE ARE IN A SPIN, 1.5 GAMES BEHIND THE YANK$, WITH 23 GAMES TO GO.."

So,"Liberal Teaballers""Throw #'s around" and the first thing you do is mention
    1.5 GAMES BEHIND THE YANK$, WITH 23 GAMES TO GO.
    Like to throw those #'s around ,don't you?
    Can I call you "LTB" for short?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WC5842. Show WC5842's posts

Bill, good post as I am a Yankee fan.  The Yankees taking two out of Three in Boston, grinding down Lester, scoring 5 off of Beckett and CC beating the Red Sox, does a lot for a teams mind set.  Honestly, I noticed a change almost immediately in the way the Yankees played.  Little things that you notice about your team.  Everything seemed to change after Thursday Night.  I did see this same type of shift in the 2004 Season, when the Yankees blew a big Sat. Afternoon game on Fox ( A-Rod and Tek).  You could feel the swing.  Now in the ALCS that year, no one was more suprised that the Yankees with a rotation of Mussina, Lieber, El Duque and Brown actually had a 3-0 lead.  I knew in my heart of heart, Boston was the better team.  I also knew that if Boston won 1 game, they could win 4.  That shift that occured back in July of '04, was evident.  This same type shift occured in September of 2009, a Friday Night game Boston at the Yankees, the Yankees knocked Lester on his butt, I mean beat him up.  At that moment Yankee fan knew Boston would not factor in the Post Season, a week later they were home, Swepted out by the Angels.. Thursday Night and the ensuing games afterword, had that shifting feeling to it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

CONCORD....YOU SHOULD TAKE A LOOK AT TODAY'S
    TORONTO GAME TO CONFIRM YOUR SUSPICIONS.
    THE SOX CAN'T RUN THE BASES, CAN'T HIT, AND
    ARE HANGING ON FOR DEAR LIFE. MEANWHILE, THE
    YANKS ARE ABSOLUTELY KILLING THE ORIOLES.
    BECKETT HAD TO LEAVE WITH AN INJURY, SO THIS
    LEAVES THE SOX WITH NO ARMS, OUTSIDE LESTER.
    THE TEAM HAS NO FIRE AND I HOPE THEO IS SACKED
    BY OCTOBER, PLAYOFFS OR NOT. IT IS DEPRESSING
    TO WATCH THIS TEAM.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

In Response to Re: I HATE TO SAY IT....... BUT, THERE WILL BE NO WORLD SERIES AT FENWAY PAAAAK THIS YEAR.......:
    Posted by redsoxpride34

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

NO KIDDING..... DANIELS COULD DO IT BECAUSE HE IS A MORE
    COMPETENT GM THAN THEO. LOOK AT THE SIGNINGS....
    CRAWFORD WHO WAS GREAT ON ASTROTURF, HAS A WORN OUT
    BODY AND SLOW BAT. A GON IS A GREAT HITTER FOR A FANCY
    AVERAGE BUT CAN'T HOLD CANO OR GRANDERSON'S SHOES AS
    A PRODUCTIVE INFLUENCE IN THE LINEUP. LOOK WHAT RIVERA
    DID TO HIM IN GAME 3 AT FENWAY. HE HUMILIATED AGON.
    YOUKILIS IS OVER THE HILL, AS IS SCUTARO, VARITEK, WAKE-
    FIELD AND LACKEY. THE WHOLE TEAM IS IN A STATE OF
    DECLINE AND ONLY THEO'S DEPARTURE AND THE INDUCTION OF
    A NEW GM, MAYBE A CASHMAN, COULD TURN THIS FRANCHISE
    AROUND. A LOSS EARLY BY PLAYOFF TIME, WILL SIGNAL ALARM
    BELLS IN BEANTOWN. THIS TEAM CANNOT CUT IT AS CURRENTLY
    PUT TOGETHER.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Here's a little math for those that can't seem to shake the sky is falling we're doomed mindset....once the postseason begins. Every team will open with a best of 5 series in which their rotations ideally will be set up like this #1-#2-#3-#4-#1 Best of Seven #2-#3-#1-#4-#2-#3-#1...#2-#3-#1-#4-#2-#3-#1

Which as comprised means that Beckett or Lester will pitch 11 of the 19 scheduled games...Bedard likely pitches 5 of the remaining 8, leaving 3 starts or one per series for either Lackey or Miller...THough unlikely, if we win every game Beckett and Lester start we win the WS...it doesn't matter if we're the division winners, home or away...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Let me ask you ???  Are the Yankees lucky or just very good at getting clutch hits !!!  They get out hit today 17 to 12 but end up winning !!!  And the Orioles got an extra man on with an error.  I think they had 18 LOB !!!  We are out hitting Jays 7-5 in 11 innings…I mean they only got  5 hits !!! Yet we have left, I don't know exactly 6-7 RISP. The Yankees just swept this team. I've said this many times, the Yankees are a better clutch hitting team. We will be lucky to go 2-2 in this series. How could Tito have pinch run for Gonzo on 1st with 2 outs & Youk coming up.  With our productivity, did he not think that Gonzo might be needed again in 2-3 innings ??? Don’t know outcome…got to go!  On West Coast so fortunately will hear rest of game on Satellite Sirius radio.

God help us in upcoming series in Tampa. Speaking of Tampa's expensive gift to us...Crawford, the Manchurian Candidate as was Lackey too from the Angels, was 0-4 today !!! He got a superfluous non clutch grand slam the other day when we were already up by 3 or 4 runs.

We could be only 3-4 games ahead of Rays & then will face Yankees for 3. It's going to be a crap shoot not a slam dunk for us to make playoffs even. Sorry for being the prophet of doom but this is how I see it !!! 

Happy remaining Labor Day to all !!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Let me ask you ??? Are the Yankees lucky or just very good at getting clutch hits !!! They get out hit today 17 to 12 but end up winning !!! And the Orioles got an extra man on base with an error. I think they left 18 LOB !!!
    Posted by mandobello

Let me ask you...both teams are 1-2 in runs scored and also have the best two records in the American league is it possible to be so close yet one team is better at clutch hitting than the other?...A team that leads the season series 11-5?

The amount of hits it takes to score can be decieving when you factor in the Hr ball with bases on balls...The Yankees lead the league in HR's...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cain-Reaction. Show Cain-Reaction's posts

I have to admit I am concerned.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I don't see the Yanks celebrating yet so I'll take that as a good sign. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnnyyankee. Show johnnyyankee's posts

wow....ye of little faith...smh
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh

No, you got it all wrong. Jesus plays for the Yankees and he hit two big homers today, two of many to come in his career as a Yankee! Besides, we all know God is a Yankee...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnnyyankee. Show johnnyyankee's posts

And by the way, it's true! There will not be any WS at Fenway this year. It will be where it's always at, at YANKEE STADIUM! You thought you had a super team, but look closely and you will see that we hit more than you, pitch more than you and run more than you. ROY, Nova. MVP, Curtis Granderson. Adrian forgot to hit, right?Oh, if not Curtis, then Cano, the best second baseman in the Universe... 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnnyyankee. Show johnnyyankee's posts

Lackluster and Wastefield are not pitchers you want in a Pennant race. Hope they can hang on for the wild card
    Posted by bill039

Oh, now you are talking "Wild Card?" Wow, you guys been talking all season long about the Yankees maybe winning the WC, for First place has always been yours, only that now you realize it is not so, that you guys are falling into place, second place that is!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1for89. Show 1for89's posts

Crack free agent signings:

HR RBI           AVG OBP SLG OPS  
    11 52           .252 .286 .402 .688  
    17 61         .237 .325 .414 .739  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptorpete. Show raptorpete's posts

The Rays are only 7 games back in the wild card race and their best player is Terry Francona.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from eperry266. Show eperry266's posts

In Response to I HATE TO SAY IT....... BUT, THERE WILL BE NO WORLD SERIES AT FENWAY PAAAAK THIS YEAR.......:
      WE JUST DON'T HAVE THE ABILITY TO PUT THE GOOOOOD TEAMS AWAY....  WHAT SAY YOU, ALL YOU T-BALL LIBERALS ?????
    Posted by Bill-806

Your right put a fork in them their done!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

There are alot of baseball to play.  Boston just had a tough week playing against two tough teams.  Yankees's pitching have not been looking good lately, but their offense have bailed them out 75% of their last 14 games.  Yankees arent going to stay hot forever!!  Remember when Detriot beat the Yankees some years ago when the Yankees ranked first in every offense category??  So therefore the Yankees arent going to stay hot forever!!

Go Boston

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

April. Remember April. By the end of this week we will have lost 5 of 7 games and the Rays, who want it more than our high priced picy's, will be tied to wildcard lead.

Tito, Theo, time to go. 

We've been left with Crawford and Lacky for the next 5 to 7 years.

Go boys go.   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In Response to Re: I HATE TO SAY IT....... BUT, THERE WILL BE NO WORLD SERIES AT FENWAY PAAAAK THIS YEAR....... : Oh, now you are talking "Wild Card?" Wow, you guys been talking all season long about the Yankees maybe winning the WC, for First place has always been yours, only that now you realize it is not so, that you guys are falling into place, second place that is!
    Posted by johnnyyankee

Most of us can thank our parents for the teams we root for, others becasue they don't have a team in thier respective city or state...then there's those that chose to root for team becasue they're one of the best...

I won born a Sox fan and don't think god had much to do with it...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

And by the way, it's true! There will not be any WS at Fenway this year. It will be where it's always at, at YANKEE STADIUM! You thought you had a super team, but look closely and you will see that we hit more than you, pitch more than you and run more than you. ROY, Nova. MVP, Curtis Granderson. Adrian forgot to hit, right?Oh, if not Curtis, then Cano, the best second baseman in the Universe... 
    Posted by johnnyyankee

hmm I thought Texas played San Franciso last year, wow I didn't know that they played in Yankees stadium...must have missed that...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

This was definitely "you can't win em' all" games. 1-0... that means our pitching was pretty good and there's was outstanding. Rather lose this one than 8-6 because the starter or pen gave it away.

Sections
Shortcuts