I have found the answer to Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from razsports. Show razsports's posts

I have found the answer to Red Sox

Red Sox love to spend $$$$. They have a few young pitchers in their staff (Buchholz, Bard and Lester) and have a few  in the minors. They also have veterans name Lackey who went from a good SP to a really bad SP in Boston.

Red Sox have blown this 2011 wild card. They are not making the playoffs.

Instead of spending $$$ on players who are free agents why not spend the $$$$ and yes pay this man $10 million a year if need be:

DAVE DUNCAN- best pitching coach in the game- hands down

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Re: I have found the answer to Red Sox

Following changes need to be made, regardless of post season results:

1. Fire Theo Epstein
    2. Offer Tito a one year contract with a team option (probation year)
    3. Hire the best pitching coach out there (do not allow Tito to hire pitching coach)
    4. Hire the best new bench coach out there (do not allow Tito hire bench coach)
    5. Do not resign Varitek
    6. Sign Hernandez as a FA catcher to a one year contract team option 2
    7. Pay arbitration year for Salty as backup catcher
    8. Do not resign Varitek to a player contract (offer scout/coach contract)
    9. Trade Ellsbury's 2 years of arbitration + P2 for Kemp or J. Upton
    10.Change approach with Crawford to more bunt and punch and judy OBP hitter and move to top of lineup
    11.Sign 2 from best quality veteran starting pitcher FA class(Bedard Harden etc)
    12.Offer Scutaro a one year contract at less than option costs. If he gets more on market, let him go and sign best veteran defensive SS on market to a one year contract
    13.Start Iggy in AAA, Aviles/Scutaro or defensive SS veteran on active roster, then promote Iggy if he is able to get his OBP to a marginal level for AAA
    14.If Lavarnway does well in early AAA, and Salty does poor, call up Lavarnway in mid-season and demote Salty as options allow
    15.Hire a new fitness director and encourage manager to give the benefit of the doubt, all else equal on large enough sample size, to allocating more playing time to players the new fitness director says are doing better in the fitness work program he has designed for each player.
    16.Inform all personnel that injuries and other problems are never to be offered up to the public as an excuse for team or player performance.

Note: Fire Tito if he will not accept probation year contract. Tito is a good clubhouse manager, but not a good field manager. Simply give the new bench coach Tito's job if Tito won't accept reduced authority and one year probation contract

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

reverse pivot should be taught to all hitters

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

hgh and API can make a reverse pivot work for a few years. Testing is on the way.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I just finished a piece saying Jake will soon be under suspicion. And presto! Here it comes from such an ardent supporter.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

1958lesspaul has only been here a few weeks, but he has a solid grasp on what this board  is all about.  He truly has an accurae pulse of redsox nation.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Any player who has a large spike way above multi-year career average  is under suspicion. It is quite fair because the MLBPA refuses to allow blood testing for HGH and other designer PED's that are now tested for by UOC and most other major sport governing boards.

Real issue isn't a career year from Ellsbury, it is Crawbust's contract and the Red Sox needing Kemp or Upton type of skillset.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

In Response to Re: I have found the answer to Red Sox:
    Any player who has a large spike way above multi-year career average  is under suspicion. It is quite fair because the MLBPA refuses to allow blood testing for HGH and other designer PED's that are now tested for by UOC and most other major sport governing boards. Real issue isn't a career year from Ellsbury, it is Crawbust's contract and the Red Sox needing Kemp or Upton type of skillset.   
    Posted by 1958lesspaul

This is complete nonsense. Ellsbury is obviously not on any PED's. This is as stupid to suggest as when some posters on here accused Granderson of being on PED's. There is no reason to suspect a player because they are having a great season. Let's just try to appreciate their talent and stop with the foolishness.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

In Response to Re: I have found the answer to Red Sox : LMAO...you are in the wrong place for that. This is foolishness.com
    Posted by thepeskypole6

Sad, but true.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lifelongsoxdawg. Show lifelongsoxdawg's posts

I believe that the time has come for Theo to move on. He has had his moments in the sun. His most recent signings of Lackey and Crawford demonstrates his lack of making sound decisions for the future of this team.

It is time for Tito to move on as well. His managerial decisions during the course of a game are indecisive, untimely, and are often incorrect. Just one of many examples was his decision to keep Becket in the game at a time when Becket was clearly out of gas. Generally, when a pitcher starts throwing pitches high and out of the strike zone on a consistant basis, coupled with walking batters, it is time to pull him. Instead Tito leaves him in the game and it clearly cost the Red Sox the game. We should make Joe Maddon an offer he can't refuse.

Kurt Young is a bust. Let's get Dave Duncan, a pitching coach that has the skill set to work effectively with both the young pitchers and veterans as well.

Finally, let's get some players that think on their feet. Players that play with the same tenacity and intensity as Pedroia and Els. verses players who are just going through the motions as most of the other playes on this team.  

Following changes need to be made, regardless of post season results: 1. Fire Theo Epstein 2. Offer Tito a one year contract with a team option (probation year) 3. Hire the best pitching coach out there (do not allow Tito to hire pitching coach) 4. Hire the best new bench coach out there (do not allow Tito hire bench coach) 5. Do not resign Varitek 6. Sign Hernandez as a FA catcher to a one year contract team option 2 7. Pay arbitration year for Salty as backup catcher 8. Do not resign Varitek to a player contract (offer scout/coach contract) 9. Trade Ellsbury's 2 years of arbitration + P2 for Kemp or J. Upton 10.Change approach with Crawford to more bunt and punch and judy OBP hitter and move to top of lineup 11.Sign 2 from best quality veteran starting pitcher FA class(Bedard Harden etc) 12.Offer Scutaro a one year contract at less than option costs. If he gets more on market, let him go and sign best veteran defensive SS on market to a one year contract 13.Start Iggy in AAA, Aviles/Scutaro or defensive SS veteran on active roster, then promote Iggy if he is able to get his OBP to a marginal level for AAA 14.If Lavarnway does well in early AAA, and Salty does poor, call up Lavarnway in mid-season and demote Salty as options allow 15.Hire a new fitness director and encourage manager to give the benefit of the doubt, all else equal on large enough sample size, to allocating more playing time to players the new fitness director says are doing better in the fitness work program he has designed for each player. 16.Inform all personnel that injuries and other problems are never to be offered up to the public as an excuse for team or player performance. Note: Fire Tito if he will not accept probation year contract. Tito is a good clubhouse manager, but not a good field manager. Simply give the new bench coach Tito's job if Tito won't accept reduced authority and one year probation contract
    Posted by 1958lesspaul

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc25. Show tc25's posts

Following changes need to be made, regardless of post season results: 1. Fire Theo Epstein 2. Offer Tito a one year contract with a team option (probation year) 3. Hire the best pitching coach out there (do not allow Tito to hire pitching coach) 4. Hire the best new bench coach out there (do not allow Tito hire bench coach) 5. Do not resign Varitek 6. Sign Hernandez as a FA catcher to a one year contract team option 2 7. Pay arbitration year for Salty as backup catcher 8. Do not resign Varitek to a player contract (offer scout/coach contract) 9. Trade Ellsbury's 2 years of arbitration + P2 for Kemp or J. Upton 10.Change approach with Crawford to more bunt and punch and judy OBP hitter and move to top of lineup 11.Sign 2 from best quality veteran starting pitcher FA class(Bedard Harden etc) 12.Offer Scutaro a one year contract at less than option costs. If he gets more on market, let him go and sign best veteran defensive SS on market to a one year contract 13.Start Iggy in AAA, Aviles/Scutaro or defensive SS veteran on active roster, then promote Iggy if he is able to get his OBP to a marginal level for AAA 14.If Lavarnway does well in early AAA, and Salty does poor, call up Lavarnway in mid-season and demote Salty as options allow 15.Hire a new fitness director and encourage manager to give the benefit of the doubt, all else equal on large enough sample size, to allocating more playing time to players the new fitness director says are doing better in the fitness work program he has designed for each player. 16.Inform all personnel that injuries and other problems are never to be offered up to the public as an excuse for team or player performance. Note: Fire Tito if he will not accept probation year contract. Tito is a good clubhouse manager, but not a good field manager. Simply give the new bench coach Tito's job if Tito won't accept reduced authority and one year probation contract
    Posted by 1958lesspaul

I AGREE WITH #15 & NOTE

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

In Response to Re: I have found the answer to Red Sox : I believe that the time has come for Theo to move on. He has had his moments in the sun. His most recent signings of Lackey and Crawford demonstrates his lack of making sound decisions for the future of this team. It is time for Tito to move on as well. His managerial decisions during the course of a game are indecisive, untimely, and are often incorrect. Just one of many examples was his decision to keep Becket in the game at a time when Becket was clearly out of gas. Generally, when a pitcher starts throwing pitches high and out of the strike zone on a consistant basis, coupled with walking batters, it is time to pull him. Instead Tito leaves him in the game and it clearly cost the Red Sox the game. We should make Joe Maddon an offer he can't refuse. Kurt Young is a bust. Let's get Dave Duncan, a pitching coach that has the skill set to work effectively with both the young pitchers and veterans as well. Finally, let's get some players that think on their feet. Players that play with the same tenacity and intensity as Pedroia and Els. verses players who are just going through the motions as most of the other playes on this team.  
    Posted by lifelongsoxdawg

Good post. What you are suggesting is pretty much a total "house cleaning". That will take some time and will most certainly take longer than 1 season. It is a good thouht on your part though.

Sections
Shortcuts