I have to come clean.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

I have to come clean.

I was quick to bash the Teixeira signing.

I was quick to bash the A-Rod signing.

I was quick to bash the Sabathia signing although now it looks to be a reasonable deal.

BUT

The John Lackey signing is on pace to be one of the worst free agent signings of all time.

You've got Barry Zito, Mike Hampton but after that, Lackey is right up there.  I thought that Lackey would be the guy to bounceback this year but his performances have been down right awful.

3 games with more than 8ER given up.  Scrub pitchers on bad teams don't usually do that in an entire season.

A whip nearing 2.00.  That's downright pathetic.

I mean who knows... maybe the guy can re-invent himself, but as of right now I see a guy that brings absolutely nothing to the table.  Last year he made for a really good #5 and an okay #4... This year he is a bad #5 and when you factor the contract in... UGHHH.

As it stands right now, the Yankees are yet to make a worse signing... with the exception of maybe Carl Pavano.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: I have to come clean.

blah blah blah

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

THIS is what you're posting tonight?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

n Response to Re: I have to come clean.:
    [QUOTE]THIS is what you're posting tonight?
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

can't rest for one minute Lloyd, have to keep at it and at it and at it.....Sealed

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Ummmmmmm......

I'm a pretty positive guy, & I gotta admit the guy has a point! 

OK.....  BAD timing! 

but.......    Lackey is just ????????????????????????????????????????

BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   GREAT GAME tonight!!!!!   Buch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :) :) :)

I think he's starting to get it rolling :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

I had no idea Lackey pitched two nights ago, and tonight too.  And lost both.  I mean gotta respect the work ethic, but sheesh, Francona has got to be fired over that decision.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In Response to I have to come clean.:
    [QUOTE]I was quick to bash the Teixeira signing. I was quick to bash the A-Rod signing. I was quick to bash the Sabathia signing although now it looks to be a reasonable deal. BUT The John Lackey signing is on pace to be one of the worst free agent signings of all time. You've got Barry Zito, Mike Hampton but after that, Lackey is right up there.  I thought that Lackey would be the guy to bounceback this year but his performances have been down right awful. 3 games with more than 8ER given up.  Scrub pitchers on bad teams don't usually do that in an entire season. A whip nearing 2.00.  That's downright pathetic. I mean who knows... maybe the guy can re-invent himself, but as of right now I see a guy that brings absolutely nothing to the table.  Last year he made for a really good #5 and an okay #4... This year he is a bad #5 and when you factor the contract in... UGHHH. As it stands right now, the Yankees are yet to make a worse signing... with the exception of maybe Carl Pavano.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

Any chance we can show the guy a little compassion...he's got something more important to deal with at home that is highly likely to be impacting his ability to focus on pitching.

SPC, how focused would you be at your job if you knew a loved one was fighting a battle with cancer...no matter what stage the illness is at??

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babe-Ted. Show Babe-Ted's posts

Must work on a commissioned basis for the Globe to do this.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Guys....  Now, I haven't followed anything SoxPats has written, but you gotta admit the guy has a point.  Perhaps he also has an agenda??? I couldn't speak to that...   BUT.... Chuchos (me gusta tu nombre)  you can walk & chew gum at the same time.  A dif. train of thought perhaps, but non the less relevant.

Lackey.....   I hear that the article came out in February????  Now....  I feel a bit manipulated????  Why???  I pray to God his wife is OK, but he still owes his guys his ALL....  He actually owes us his all.  If he's not capable of doing so, he should sit.  That decision perhaps should be out of his hands??????????  Is it OK for Lackey to roll his eyes at the guys in the field??  Blame them???  I can't tell you how many teachers I know who HAVE cancer....... & are EXPECTED to perform!   & they don't make jack!  NO EXCUSES!   I know that's harsh too!!!!!
    Conversely, Lackey has $20 mil to hire ALL KINDS of people to help with the burden.....  The teachers I know can afford to hire NOBODY to help with their 3 kids.........

NOW......  I'm not saying I don't have compassion for Lackey & his wife!!!!!!!

I DO......  BUT!!!!!   HE, like any TEACHER, is NOT WORKING FOR HIMSELF!!!!!!

Frankly, it's NOT ALL ABOUT HIM......  Unlike a teacher, he could afford to take off any number of YEARS if that's what what BEST FOR HIS FAMILY..........

Are WE supposed to do what's best for his family???  If it lets him blow off steam to keep pitching EVERY 5 days????   NO MATTER WHAT???

I really don't mean to sound heartless!!!!!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Re: I have to come clean.:
    [QUOTE]Guys....  Now, I haven't followed anything SoxPats has written, but you gotta admit the guy has a point.  Perhaps he also has an agenda??? I couldn't speak to that...   BUT.... Chuchos (me gusta tu nombre)  you can walk & chew gum at the same time.  A dif. train of thought perhaps, but non the less relevant. Lackey.....   I hear that the article came out in February????  Now....  I feel a bit manipulated????  Why???  I pray to God his wife is OK, but he still owes his guys his ALL....  He actually owes us his all.  If he's not capable of doing so, he should sit.  That decision perhaps should be out of his hands??????????  Is it OK for Lackey to roll his eyes at the guys in the field??  Blame them???  I can't tell you how many teachers I know who HAVE cancer....... & are EXPECTED to perform!   & they don't make jack!  NO EXCUSES!   I know that's harsh too!!!!! Conversely, Lackey has $20 mil/YEAR to hire ALL KINDS of people to help with the burden.....  The teachers I know can afford to hire NOBODY to help with their 3 kids......... NOW......  I'm not saying I don't have compassion for Lackey & his wife!!!!!!! I DO......  BUT!!!!!   HE, like any TEACHER, is NOT WORKING FOR HIMSELF!!!!!! Frankly, it's NOT ALL ABOUT HIM......  Unlike a teacher, he could afford to take off any number of YEARS if that's what what BEST FOR HIS FAMILY.......... Are WE supposed to do what's best for his family???  If it lets him blow off steam to keep pitching EVERY 5 days????   NO MATTER WHAT??? I really don't mean to sound heartless!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

In Response to Re: I have to come clean.:
    [QUOTE]Guys....  Now, I haven't followed anything SoxPats has written, but you gotta admit the guy has a point.  Perhaps he also has an agenda??? I couldn't speak to that...   BUT.... Chuchos (me gusta tu nombre)  you can walk & chew gum at the same time.  A dif. train of thought perhaps, but non the less relevant. Lackey.....   I hear that the article came out in February????  Now....  I feel a bit manipulated????  Why???  I pray to God his wife is OK, but he still owes his guys his ALL....  He actually owes us his all.  If he's not capable of doing so, he should sit.  That decision perhaps should be out of his hands??????????  Is it OK for Lackey to roll his eyes at the guys in the field??  Blame them???  I can't tell you how many teachers I know who HAVE cancer....... & are EXPECTED to perform!   & they don't make jack!  NO EXCUSES!   I know that's harsh too!!!!! Conversely, Lackey has $20 mil to hire ALL KINDS of people to help with the burden.....  The teachers I know can afford to hire NOBODY to help with their 3 kids......... NOW......  I'm not saying I don't have compassion for Lackey & his wife!!!!!!! I DO......  BUT!!!!!   HE, like any TEACHER, is NOT WORKING FOR HIMSELF!!!!!! Frankly, it's NOT ALL ABOUT HIM......  Unlike a teacher, he could afford to take off any number of YEARS if that's what what BEST FOR HIS FAMILY.......... Are WE supposed to do what's best for his family???  If it lets him blow off steam to keep pitching EVERY 5 days????   NO MATTER WHAT??? I really don't mean to sound heartless!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]

RS Double D, I don't really chew gum, but I do tongue in cheek alot. Metaphorically speaking.

As you said, it's the timing.  The Sox had a huge win tonight, possibly the biggest win of the young season, so to post something negative is kind of silly. I responded in kind.

Yes, the Sox have some problems, and perhaps John Lackey is one of them, but I prefer to be happy tonight, because there's always a tomorrow.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Agreed :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorleague. Show majorleague's posts

I said Lackey should have been offered 3 years and 30 million, and not at penny more so he'd become another team's problem. I was wrong. Lackey should have been offered some old apples.

Sections
Shortcuts