I have to praise Salty & Iggy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

I have to praise Salty & Iggy

I have been a bit rough on Salty and Iggy in the past but have to give them credit so far this season.  As I stated earlier in the season, the Red Sox couldn't afford to carry both Salty and Iggy in the starting lineup until they began to produce more offensively so its great to see both doing well so far.  It helps our offense in a huge way!

If Salty can continue to improve defensively and keep his OBP up there, it could earn him a new contract in Boston and that would be fine with me.    

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Re: I have to praise Salty & Iggy

Iglesius went 2 for 5 last night and "lowered" his batting average!

The kid is not going to be a .400 hitter but he does seem to have turned the corner with his offense.  I still want to see him bunt more because he needs to have a good short game for when the league catches up to him.

Can this guy not be in the lineup every day if he continues to be productive offensively?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to charliedarling's comment:

The kid is not going to be a .400 hitter but he does seem to have turned the corner with his offense.  I still want to see him bunt more because he needs to have a good short game for when the league catches up to him.

Can this guy not be in the lineup every day if he continues to be productive offensively?

Absolutely not, all I ever wanted were guys like Salty and Iggy to become more than "one dimensional" type players.  Look what a difference it makes to our lineup when they contribute offensively.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

I would like to see him get some innings at second. It looks like Ciriaco's days might be numbered.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

I would like to see him get some innings at second. It looks like Ciriaco's days might be numbered.

Hey Joe, if Iggy can handle the hot spot in such a short period of time I wouldn't even worry about 2B.  Ciriaco's days are definately numbered as long as Iggy keeps up the sold play and having Drews offense coming along with the solid defense hes played this season makes our overall depth that much better.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Right now Farrell is going to want to find ways to keep Iglesias in the lineup.  I don't think he is optimized as a utility infielder at this point, although that's where he could end up.  His hitting so far--a small sample, granted--has been terrific, but his fielding at two positions has also been terrific.  Pressure is now on Drew and Middlebrooks to show their value, and more pressure is on Drew.  In their favor is Farrell likes to go with veterans, who are one of the keys on why this team is playing so well--chemistry. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I think the pressure is on Middy. He wasnt performing well before his injury. I think you keep Iggy and Drew in there. Let middy rehab as long as possible. When he comes back see if you can get Iggy as many Ab's as possible. The problem is you dont want to start trading guys away right now. They are a deep team. If you trade, say Drew, and Middy doesnt hit or goes down again, or Iggy goes down. Then What? Iggy might just have to be a super sub for a while.

I love all the guys screaming for a trade right now when the reason we are still doing good is because of our depth. You dont trade that away. Ben built this team this way for a reason and were seeing it at work right now.

Either way, it will be interesting what moves are made when Middy and Vic return.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

I think the pressure is on Middy. He wasnt performing well before his injury. I think you keep Iggy and Drew in there. Let middy rehab as long as possible. When he comes back see if you can get Iggy as many Ab's as possible. The problem is you dont want to start trading guys away right now. They are a deep team. If you trade, say Drew, and Middy doesnt hit or goes down again, or Iggy goes down. Then What? Iggy might just have to be a super sub for a while.

I love all the guys screaming for a trade right now when the reason we are still doing good is because of our depth. You dont trade that away. Ben built this team this way for a reason and were seeing it at work right now.

Either way, it will be interesting what moves are made when Middy and Vic return.

southpaw,

I just want Ells back in the lineup ASAP.  He just began to hit the ball to all fields, then he was back on the DL again.  I hate the way our management keeps everyone in the dark on injuries.  Fortunately, Nava along with our bench production overall outside of of Gomes has really picked up the slack. 

If we can keep getting production like this from our bench and get our starters healthy for the stretch run this team will be fun to watch, especially if our pitching holds up.